Vicmvarela

Case recieved by Embassy in Moscow, but now what?

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Our case is now "ready" on the site. I need to get my invoice number and with that and the case number I can pay for the interview and the visa application. But what is this "packet 3" I keep hearing about and how will my fiancé receive it? How will they know where to send it?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K-1 Progress to RUB Regional Forum~

~At this stage of the process, instructions/requirements are often embassy-specific~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline

=) For us, an e-mail was sent from the Embassy in Moscow and it provided a link for Zhenya (my Russian fiance) to go to in order to fill out the packet and necessary information for the interview. It took him several, several hours to fill out this information because he did not always understand everything and I was at work at the time, and unable to assist with translating. So it would be helpful if you can be available to help, depending upon your fiance's level of English.

When Zhenya finished filling out the information, and paying the fee, there was a list of dates presented as options for the interview, and he chose one. Then he called and scheduled the medical for the day before.

Did you already receive the e-mail from the embassy in Moscow? =)

~ Samantha :)

Service Center : Texas Service Center Transferred? No Consulate : Moscow, Russia I-129F Sent : 2013-12-19 I-129F NOA1 : 2013-12-26 I-129F NOA2 : 2014-01-17 Interview: 2014-03-19 Approved: 2014-03-19

Timeline

=) For us, an e-mail was sent from the Embassy in Moscow and it provided a link for Zhenya (my Russian fiance) to go to in order to fill out the packet and necessary information for the interview. It took him several, several hours to fill out this information because he did not always understand everything and I was at work at the time, and unable to assist with translating. So it would be helpful if you can be available to help, depending upon your fiance's level of English.

When Zhenya finished filling out the information, and paying the fee, there was a list of dates presented as options for the interview, and he chose one. Then he called and scheduled the medical for the day before.

Did you already receive the e-mail from the embassy in Moscow? =)

~ Samantha :)

Samantha,

Actually we haven't received an email at all. I don't even know how they would know her email as I do t ever remember providing it to them in any prior paperwork.

:)how long after nvc shipped to Moscow did you get the email?)

when I checked the visa status on caes.com site with the nvc case number it says "ready" and we are given a link and able to access the immigration site to where we can start the application and pay the fee). (I think I still need the "invoice number" from nvc. Will call in a few hours).

Maya will be fine filling out the app). Her English is sometimes even better than mine since she is an English teacher near Moscow. :).

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Samantha,

Actually we haven't received an email at all. I don't even know how they would know her email as I do t ever remember providing it to them in any prior paperwork.

:)how long after nvc shipped to Moscow did you get the email?)

when I checked the visa status on caes.com site with the nvc case number it says "ready" and we are given a link and able to access the immigration site to where we can start the application and pay the fee). (I think I still need the "invoice number" from nvc. Will call in a few hours).

Maya will be fine filling out the app). Her English is sometimes even better than mine since she is an English teacher near Moscow. smile.png.

They will email you and ask to forward the info to her. She doesn't have to wait, she can fill out stuff, all the info for what she needs is on their site. Just don't schedule interview until you get the email, as that's when you know that they are ready for an interview. Everything else (like DS-160, payment, etc) can be done ahead of time.

1/4/13 - I129-F Sent | 1/8/13 - Received by USCIS
1/10/13 - NOA1 to VSC | 1/11/13 - Text/Email | 1/17/13 - Hard Copy Received
1/16/13 - Alien Registration Number changed
5/24/13 or 5/29/13 - Case Transferred to TSC
7/2/13 - NOA2 from TSC! (173 days from NOA1) | 7/6/13 - Hard Copy Received
7/18/13 - Shipped to NVC | 7/26/13 - Received at NVC and case number assigned
7/29/13 - In transit to consulate | 7/31/13 - Received by consulate
8/20/13 - Medical - Passed | 8/21/13 - Interview - Approved!
8/28/13 - Passport with visa ready to pickup from courier
10/17/13 - POE - JFK
10/28/13 - Applied for SSN and marriage license | 11/2/13 - SS card received
11/21/13 - Wedding

12/30/13 - I485/I765/I131 Sent | 1/2/14 - Received by USCIS
1/3/14 - NOA1 to NBC | 1/16/14 - Hard Copy Received
2/4/14 - Biometrics
3/7/14 - AP and EAD approved!
3/11/14 - AP/EAD card mailed | 3/14/14 - Received
4/10/14 - Interview Waiver letter
6/16/14 - Approved! | 6/21/14 - GC Received

5/2/16 - I-751 Sent | 5/5/16 - Received by USCIS
5/6/16 - NOA1 to VSC
6/14/16 - Biometrics

4/19/17 - Approved! | 4/22/17 - Letter received | 5/4/17 - GC Received

Timeline

Vicmvarela,

I actually got the e-mail before I got the notice in the mail from NVC, probably due to a weather delay in the post this winter. =) You should get the e-mail soon, I imagine. It will be sent to you, the petitioner. It will be in both English and Russian, if I recall correctly, and will tell you to forward it to your fiance (Maya). smile.png That's great that Maya has wonderful English skills... she should have no problem with the paperwork, then.

Also when Zhenya (my fiance) went to schedule his interview, there were a lot of times open -- I thinkt here was even an opening for like the next weekend from when he completed the paperwork, so I imagine you will have a lot of flexibility when scheduling your interview.

Best wishes to you both! =)

~ Samantha

Edited by banshee

Service Center : Texas Service Center Transferred? No Consulate : Moscow, Russia I-129F Sent : 2013-12-19 I-129F NOA1 : 2013-12-26 I-129F NOA2 : 2014-01-17 Interview: 2014-03-19 Approved: 2014-03-19

Timeline

Our case is now "ready" on the site. I need to get my invoice number and with that and the case number I can pay for the interview and the visa application. But what is this "packet 3" I keep hearing about and how will my fiancé receive it? How will they know where to send it?

There is no 'packet 3' really, just an email for you and a letter for your fiancee. They will use the information you provided for her address for her letter. If I remember right you don't need the NVC number either. I believe it took about a week to get my email and about two weeks for her to get the letter. If fact by the time she got the letter the appointment was set and the visa paid for already. I did everything for her and paid with a credit card to the Russian Standard Bank and you use that receipt number to set the interview appointment at the Embassy.

Hope this helps? Good Luck!:)

event.png

Timeline

Thanks guys, we aren't in a rush to finish everything since we need to wait at least two more weeks for the police certificate so maybe its best we don't have the email quite yet. I'm on the phone right now with nvc to get this "invoice number" that I didn't even know we needed, :)

I see you have an interview coming up in a few days) That's pretty damn awesome! :)

How long after NVC sent the case to Moscow did you guys get this email may I ask?

Best wishes to you all as well :)

Vic

Timeline

There is no 'packet 3' really, just an email for you and a letter for your fiancee. They will use the information you provided for her address for her letter. If I remember right you don't need the NVC number either. I believe it took about a week to get my email and about two weeks for her to get the letter. If fact by the time she got the letter the appointment was set and the visa paid for already. I did everything for her and paid with a credit card to the Russian Standard Bank and you use that receipt number to set the interview appointment at the Embassy.

Hope this helps? Good Luck!smile.png

Thanks, VERY helpful actually. :)

that "Packet 3" name is so deceiving. I don't know what people did before this site. SO she will receive a letter in snail mail that she will need for the interview and the email I am to receive is basically telling me what I already know to do next? Basically we are thinking about paying and finishing the app soon and getting it out of the way but we didn't want to do anything out of sequence and regret it later. Also if you don't mind me asking, did your lady have any documents besides the police report translated?

On the travel.state.gov site they are asking for the Case Number and an "Invoice Number" to make a payment. I'm on the phone right now on hold waiting for the invoice number so we can pay.

Vic

Timeline

Well to be honest we didn't have the police certificate translated. Only her birth and divorce certificates. From what I remember they said they will only use the police certificate at the Embassy and it didn't need to be translated. I remember I had the NVC number but don't remember using it for anything. I know the receipt number will allow you to set the interview appointment.

Another little tip, if you are setting the interview more than a month in advance you might have to wait until that month opens up on the site. We wanted ours in July and I paid for her visa in May so I had to wait until mid June to set the appointment at the Embassy.

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.