Vicmvarela

Your case is in transit to the Consular Section. Your interview date was provided to you by the National Visa Center?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Just got this update and I'm thrilled but a tad confused...

"Your case is in transit to the Consular Section. Your interview date was provided to you by the National Visa Center" This is only a generic message that doesn't apply to K1s right? This only means that it was shipped? I was reading that we pay for the visa interview and then with the receipt number we then schedule ourselves, so they didn't schedule an interview without us knowing? And is there a way to track the shipment?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I've been lead to believe that this is their stock answer, and that you still have to make the appointment yourself. PLEASE let me know if this turns out to not be the case.

Timeline

I've been lead to believe that this is their stock answer, and that you still have to make the appointment yourself. PLEASE let me know if this turns out to not be the case.

Will do :)

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Any update on this? I just got this message today too...

Ah yes! It doesn't apply to us at all. We schedule our own after payin the visa fee and filing the ds160. It moves fast now. Good luck!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline

I just got the same letter and the status today has been updated to "READY". Shall I wait for the embassy to contact me or send letter to me with details? What have you done after receiving this message? Did you contact the consulate? Did you have the hard copy of NVC letter that contain the case number? I heard that it is containing information about what we have to do next.

Thanks and good luck with your interview :)

I-130 (Parent)

- Submitted June 2021

- 1st NOA (June 2021)

I-130 (Brother 1)

- Submitted (September 2019)

- 1st NOA (September 2019)

I-130 (Brother 2)

- Submitted (Not yet)

- 1st NOA (Not yet)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

It depends on the consulate.

But I had to wait for my embassy to send me packet 3 for instructions BEFORE I could schedule medical, do police clearance, etc.

K1

Nov 7, 2013 - i-129f mailed to Dallas Lockbox

Nov 16, 2013 - noa 1 received

feb 20, 2014 - noa 2 approved

march 5, 2014 - case number assigned at NVC

march 14, 2014 - case received by local embassy

april 4, 2014 - interview

may 1, 2014 - visa in hand

june 13, 2014 - POE: Boston

AOS

Aug 1, 2014 - AOS/EAD/AP package delivered to Chicago Lockbox

Aug 6, 2014 - NOA1

Aug 19, 2014 - Biometrics appointment for AOS & EAD

Sept 29, 2014 - EAD/AP combo card received in mail.

Mid-Nov - Potential Waiver of Interview letter received

End of May 2015 - renewed my EAD/AP, got the NOA1 and another letter stating that I don't need to do biometrics appt.

June 11, 2015 - welcome to America letter! (no interview...no service request..)

June 16, 2015 - green card in hand

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.