pcavp

POE Guam indicated in K1 Visa?

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

My fiancee and I will be traveling from Manila to Guam, then Hawaii and then NJ. So the Port of Entry should be Guam. In the Filipino CFO Guide it states the following...

Port of Entry
• If your destination is a State in mainland USA, your
port of entry may be at any international airport in
the U.S.
• If your destination is Hawaii or any U.S. protectorate
or territory such as Guam, your port of entry must
first be Hawaii or the U.S. protectorate or territory
indicated in your visa.
Does this mean the Visa has to indicate that Guam is the POE? Or does her Visa indicate that NJ is her destination? To be honest I have not seen the Visa and my fiancee is away visiting relatives so I can't contact her. I'm guessing what the guide means is that if your destination is Guam your POE also has to be Guam. Is this correct? I just want to make sure.
Also, we will only have a one hour, five minute stop over in Guam before the flight to Hawaii. I know it's not much time, but we land at 5:25am, so I am hoping going through customs will be relatively fast. Do you think we will have enough time?
Thanks

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiancee and I will be traveling from Manila to Guam, then Hawaii and then NJ. So the Port of Entry should be Guam. In the Filipino CFO Guide it states the following...

Port of Entry
• If your destination is a State in mainland USA, your
port of entry may be at any international airport in
the U.S.
• If your destination is Hawaii or any U.S. protectorate
or territory such as Guam, your port of entry must
first be Hawaii or the U.S. protectorate or territory
indicated in your visa.
Does this mean the Visa has to indicate that Guam is the POE? Or does her Visa indicate that NJ is her destination? To be honest I have not seen the Visa and my fiancee is away visiting relatives so I can't contact her. I'm guessing what the guide means is that if your destination is Guam your POE also has to be Guam. Is this correct? I just want to make sure.
Also, we will only have a one hour, five minute stop over in Guam before the flight to Hawaii. I know it's not much time, but we land at 5:25am, so I am hoping going through customs will be relatively fast. Do you think we will have enough time?
Thanks

Ya know what CFO knows about the U.S. visa? Well to be nice... they don't know JACK! That booklet they sell had to have been made up in the 50's... truly is a joke.

The visa does not indicate POE. How can it? You haven't made travel arrangements yet! (just as the embassy advices) ;)

With you traveling Manila to Guam, then Hawaii and then NJ, Guam will be your POE and in Hawaii you will clear customs.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: Timeline

My fiance and I flew Manila Guam Hawaii Houston on United on Dec 4th,2013.

Our point of entry was Guam that's where they stamped her passport and took the visa packet. Guam was a pretty easy POE they took

her packet and talked to her 15 minutes and we were on our way. If you fly that route look for the 2hr 20min layover in Guam some

days it's only 1hr 20min. 1hr 20min will be close because you have to go through security again

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.