doctorvtec

Individual Fee Register Receipt

17 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

My money order for $275 was ACCEPTED.

I got a letter from USCIS today. I was hoping it was an NOA. It was a "Individual Fee Register Receipt". It is a carbon copy receipt like you would get at a diner. It has our EAC #, Name, Date, ETC. All handwritten.

So, my timeline:

12/21 - Mailed Overnight

12/22 - Recieved

12/26 - Individual Fee Register Receipt issued

1/2 - Individual Fee Register Receipt mailed

1/4 - Individual Fee Register Receipt received

I think we may have my wife start working next week. I mean, we have proof we filed, our check is cashed, and I have ann EAC #. Weare perfectly legal at this point even though the GC is expired.

Anyone else ever receive one of these???

Timeline I-751 (Removal of conditions):

12/21/2006 - Sent to Vermont Service Center UPS Early AM Overnight

12/22/2006 - Reached Vermont Service Center

12/26/2006 - USPS Money Order cashed ($275.00)

01/04/2006 - Individual Fee Register Receipt Received

02/05/2007 - NOA Received

02/05/2007 - Biometrics Appointment Received

02/15/2007 - Biometrics Appointment

03/14/2007 - Finally made it in to do biometrics. No problems going in a month late

06/20/2007 - Received an Email stating that her card was "Ordered for production"... WE'RE APPROVED

06/25/2007 - 10 Year Green Card Arrived!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline

I got a letter from USCIS today. I was hoping it was an NOA. It was a "Individual Fee Register Receipt". It is a carbon copy receipt like you would get at a diner. It has our EAC #, Name, Date, ETC. All handwritten.

So, my timeline:

12/21 - Mailed Overnight

12/22 - Recieved

I think we may have my wife start working next week. I mean, we have proof we filed, our check is cashed, and I have ann EAC #. Weare perfectly legal at this point even though the GC is expired.

I have never got that or heard about it. Is because you sent a moey order instead of a check?

Citizenship

Timeline

So, my timeline:

12/21 - Mailed Overnight

12/22 - Recieved

I have never got that or heard about it. Is because you sent a moey order instead of a check?

Could be... Do the receipt numbersfor I-751 not work online, or the automated phone system? I have tried both and it is telling me that my case number is invalid.

03/14/2007 - Finally made it in to do biometrics. No problems going in a month late

06/20/2007 - Received an Email stating that her card was "Ordered for production"... WE'RE APPROVED

Timeline

So, my timeline:

12/21 - Mailed Overnight

12/22 - Recieved

Could be... Do the receipt numbersfor I-751 not work online, or the automated phone system? I have tried both and it is telling me that my case number is invalid.

I think they will send you a new number. Some posters said they received more than one letter and the second one with a different number that actually worked.

Citizenship

Timeline

So I take it that we are in the clear as far as the petition being accepted goes?

Timeline
So I take it that we are in the clear as far as the petition being accepted goes?

I really hope that USCIS getting the money means the petitions are accepted.

Citizenship

Timeline

I have received the Individual Fee Register Receipt today and the EAC# on it does not work.

Have you received your NOA yet?

Citizenship

Timeline

I have received the Individual Fee Register Receipt today and the EAC# on it does not work.

Have you received your NOA yet?

Not yet, BUT if you look at others experiences with the VSC, lately it has been about 10 days after the check is cashed. Witt the holidays, and President Ford day, I think we are looking at late next week, and you early the following week.

Edited by doctorvtec

Timeline
Let's cross our fingers is next week... I'd really like to get that letter and keep it nicely.

I got it today! Did you get it?

No, I have not seen it yet. What state are you in? Is the EAC the same as the one on the G-711?

Its odd, you would have thought that I would have gotten ours before you.

Edited by doctorvtec

Timeline

Was your check cashing date the same as the date your G-711 receipt was issued?

Timeline

The check was cashed the same day as it says in the G-711. I got the NOA yesterday and the biometrics letter today. I can't tell you right now if the EAC#s are same. I'll check it later.

I am in NJ. I hope you receive the letter soon.

Citizenship

Timeline

The check was cashed the same day as it says in the G-711. I got the NOA yesterday and the biometrics letter today. I can't tell you right now if the EAC#s are same. I'll check it later.

It appears to me that this is a fairly common occurence (Someone sending in a petition later and receiving their NOA earlier). I suppose that it all comes down to which officer is processing the petition, and that officers workload.

My wife is freaking out thinking something is wrong. I calmly explained that we have a G-711 receipt. From what I have read and what my lawyer has said, that is solid proof that you have an accepted petition filed with USCIS. On the I-751 form, it states that as long as you have an accepted petition in with USCIS you are still within status. So she is fine. I also explained, that if their was a problem with the filing, instead of a G-711 we would have either gotten the packet back rejected, or an RFE. So her GC, G-711, and an explanation of the law is proof of status.

So now its a matter of waiting. It could be next week, could be the end of the month. I am going to call the National Hotline Monday, and give them the case number that was on the G-711. I have heard that the number does not work using thet automated system, but an officer should be able to get me information with that number.

Edited by doctorvtec

Timeline

It appears to me that this is a fairly common occurence (Someone sending in a petition later and receiving their NOA earlier). I suppose that it all comes down to which officer is processing the petition, and that officers workload.

My wife is freaking out thinking something is wrong. I calmly explained that we have a G-711 receipt. From what I have read and what my lawyer has said, that is solid proof that you have an accepted petition filed with USCIS. On the I-751 form, it states that as long as you have an accepted petition in with USCIS you are still within status. So she is fine. I also explained, that if their was a problem with the filing, instead of a G-711 we would have either gotten the packet back rejected, or an RFE. So her GC, G-711, and an explanation of the law is proof of status.

So now its a matter of waiting. It could be next week, could be the end of the month. I am going to call the National Hotline Monday, and give them the case number that was on the G-711. I have heard that the number does not work using thet automated system, but an officer should be able to get me information with that number.

The EAC# in the Individual Fee Receipt and the one in the NOA is different. The one in the NOA works. I can see the case online.

I am sure you will receive the letters soon. Note that I received the biometrics one the next day after I received the NOA extension letter.

Citizenship

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.