4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Hello team

I am trying to see if anyone else out there is in the same situation as me . I have submitted 485 and other forms for travel and work back in October 3, I have recived the combo card for work and travel back in early December I did my biometric on November 11, and my case did change since then it's still showing acceptance

On January 10 I have received a potential interview waive due to the backlog .

We are adjusting from k1 , based on others when can we expect to hear back again from USCIS ? We are planning to travel overseas for 2month is there a limitations for how long you can stay outside USA using AP ?

Any suggestions help and support will be greatly appreciated

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I believe you can stay overseas for 3 months, but I honestly wouldn't even risk leaving for a longer period than a few weeks, I personally don't think it's worth risking your GC over it. Like they tell you when you receive your AP, it's not a "for sure" thing you will be able to re-enter the USA. If the CBP thinks you're taking advantage of the AP and staying outside the usa for too long they could stop you from entering, plus with an interview waiver case you could get an RFE or an interview randomly while waiting. If you're out of the country for 2 months, how will you know you received any type of needed information from them? If you don't respond to something they send, they deny your AOS...

Personally, I would say don't do it. My husband and I have our GC interview april 10th, however before we knew that we were going to have one and I had only received my AP we booked our delayed honeymoon in september which is 8 days - and I was nervous about that...nevermind 2 months.

I am on a similar timeline and have already been back to the UK for a week, I came back with no issues. I will be leaving again in a week and then going back and forwards on a month on month off basis for my work. If I get an RFE I will or my wife will know about it. My letter about the interview waiver said it might take 6 months for the GC. Even then if they so choose they could decide people are out of the country for too long. My view is that if they dont want me to pay my taxes here then I will not. I will return to the UK, I prefer it there anyway.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.