pokernut

deferred prosecution for class 4 misdeameanor DV

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have a DV case for spanking my kids... no DV against spouse... or anyone else... I had to go to 4 parenting classes...

normally the sentance on that is a year or so of DV classes and anger management... I could have beat it had i gone to trial, but i just wanted the stupid thing over...

i didnt realize i was going to be filing for a k-1 or maybe a k-3 visa... for my girlfriend in another country...

so this is technically not a conviction.... any thoughts on this??

my ex-wife also got a restraining order against me, but i havent been served... I have never threatened her..

how hard is it to get one of those orders anyways...??? what sort of proof to they have to have and can i get it over-turned... what a joke

pokernut,

You would be better served by contacting and consulting with, an immigration attorney.

I have a DV case for spanking my kids... no DV against spouse... or anyone else... I had to go to 4 parenting classes...

normally the sentance on that is a year or so of DV classes and anger management... I could have beat it had i gone to trial, but i just wanted the stupid thing over...

i didnt realize i was going to be filing for a k-1 or maybe a k-3 visa... for my girlfriend in another country...

my ex-wife also got a restraining order against me, but i havent been served... I have never threatened her..

how hard is it to get one of those orders anyways...??? what sort of proof to they have to have and can i get it over-turned... what a joke

Technically it is a conviction. But if all you have is one, don't worry. Just get the court records and write a letter with it explaining it.

I had a DV against my ex father-in-law who lived with us. It's off my record now but not according to the Govt. I still had to report it. The courts in this country are so full of shiiit.

My ex actually had one against her for throwing a DVD case at me. That's all it takes in Michigan. It's ridiculous! It's all about $$$ and them keeping busy enough to justify their jobs.

You don't even need a waiver if all you had is one Misdemenor DV.

And a restraining order is easy to get. I had a PPO against my ex becoz of her extreme shiit even after she moved out.

It may slow it down a bit, who knows. They took 3 months to finally approve mine after they got my RFE. They gave no reason other then an officer is reviewing it.

Gonna try again.

USS Liberty - Not Forgotten

• 1 month later...
Filed: IR-5 Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Just be truthful about it, don't hide anything, and follow the requirements on the I-129F form. It is indeed a conviction, and they will find the arrest record when the run the FBI Triple I check on you. Restraining Orders/Protection Orders/Injunctions are databased as well.

IR-5

11/01/2011: I-130 Submitted

11/04/2012: I-130 NOA1

04/19/2012: I-130 NOA2

05/04/2012: NVC Received

05/27/2012: Received I-864/DS 3032 Package

05/28/2012: Pay I-864 Bill

05/29/2012: Submit DS 3032/I-864

06/05/2012: Receive IV Bill online

06/05/2012: IV Bill Paid

06/06/2012: Payment Accepted

06/07/2012: IV Packet Mailed (Additional documents sent next day on 06/08/2012)

08/28/2012: Interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.