Ahmed & Ella

ellabentalha

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I GOT A LETTER TODAY FROM USCIS ANND I HAVE A PENDING K-1 VISA APPLICATION WHICH HAS BEEN ONGOING FOR OVER A YEAR NOW..ALL I NEED IS VERMONT TO SEND BACK THE APPLICATION BACK TO MOROCCO AND I HAVE SENT MANY REQUESTS FOR THEM TO DO SO BUT THEY DONT RESPOND TO THIS.....WELL TODAY I GET A LETTER TELLING ME THEY ARE ACTIVELY PROCESSING THIS CASE...HOWEVER THEY HAVE TO PERFORM ADDITIONAL REVIEW ON THE CASE AND THIS HAS CAUSED A LONGER PROCESSING TIME..AND THAT IF I DONT RECIEVE A DECISION OR OTHER NOTICE OF ACTION FROM THEM WITHIN 6 MONTHS TO CALL THEM... NOW MY QUESTION IS.....IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN DO TO GET THEM TO RESPOND ANY FASTER??? I ALREADY HAVE A CONGRESS LADY HELPING ME ALSO....IS THERE ANY ONE OUT THERE WHO IS GETTING THIS SAME KIND OF LETTER OR TROUBLE WITH VERMONT..I NEED TO KNOW WHAT TO DO....IVE ALREADY BEEN WAITING OVER A YEAR NOW.......ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE VERY GRATEFUL....THANK YOU SO MUCH ELLA :help::help::help::help::help:

Edited by Ahmed & Ella

ELLA BENTALHA

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Timeline

Im sorry that you are having such a hard time. I got exactly the same letter back in october I filed for the k3 for my husband and we are currently waiting for the NOA2 approval. After reading your post I see that this is a general letter they send to every one. I dont even know what the reason for our delay is. I just started contacting my congressman so I hope that he can get us moving allong. I Hope you are able to resolve your issues soon too.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

Oh - My boyfriend filed for me back in July 2006 and we have not yet received an NOA2. I am really afraid someday I am going to receive the letter you mentioned. He called USCIS yesterday again but the hotline staff told him to wait until early Feb. I am thinking by Feb they would probably tell him another story or tell him to wait for another 6 month. I asked my boyfriend to look for help from senators but he said those people won't be helpful. Now we can do nothing but wait...been very disturbing...i have not seen my boyfriend for 9 months since my last visit. I feel difficult now.

Hello, I am from Hong Kong :)

I-129F sent by my boyfriend: end July 2006

Receipt date of NOA1: 31st July, 2006

Last touched: 14th September, 2006

Touched: 13th Feb, 2007

Touched: 14th Feb, 2007

Told by immigration officer by person in the infopass appointment the application was denied 13th Feb

Touched: 28th Mar, 2007

Received a letter from USCIS early April: Spelling mistake of beneficiary's name corrected

Received 2 identical letters from USCIS 13th April: Your case is currently at the california center and should receive another update in 60 days

Eric changed his address online in May

Touched: 25th May, 2007

Touched: 29th May, 2007

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
Oh - My boyfriend filed for me back in July 2006 and we have not yet received an NOA2. I am really afraid someday I am going to receive the letter you mentioned. He called USCIS yesterday again but the hotline staff told him to wait until early Feb. I am thinking by Feb they would probably tell him another story or tell him to wait for another 6 month. I asked my boyfriend to look for help from senators but he said those people won't be helpful. Now we can do nothing but wait...been very disturbing...i have not seen my boyfriend for 9 months since my last visit. I feel difficult now.

If he filed in July it is past 6 months and you are well out of the normal processing times - the oldest petition they are processing now if from late July. Contacting a senator will definitely be helpful and he should do something, now.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.