expeditor

Chest X-Ray to the interview?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi guys, just wondering if I have to take the chest x-ray to the interview? It's not clear from the checklist the embassy provided me (see below). I have to fly to Riyadh from another city and I find it cumbersome to carry it with me.

Madame/ Sir;

You are informed that a visa petition has been received from the Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS) according you status as a fiancée/fiancé under the provisions of Section 101(a)(15)(K) of the Immigration and Nationality Act, as amended. Please read and carefully follow the instructions below.

1. Fill out Form DS-160 go to http://travel.state.gov/visa/forms/forms_4230.html
  2. Obtain beneficiary’s original Birth Certificate plus 1 photocopy.
  3. Termination of prior marriages plus 1 copy, Beneficiary and/or Petitioner if applicable.
  4. Affidavit of Support I-134.
  5. Police Clearances.
  6. Police Clearance from Saudi Arabia.
  7. Passports.
  8. Deportation papers, if applicable.
  9. Court and prison records, if applicable.
  10. Military records, if applicable.
  11. Must provide proof of relationship between Beneficiary and Petitioner.
  12. MRV Fee receipt of $240/SR912. This must be paid by going to www.ustraveldocs.com and clicking on 240 USD Visa Classes– K. A visa application fee deposit slip should appear. This deposit slip should be taken to a SAMBA bank for payment of your fees.
  13. Medical Exam letter for panel physician (PDF 82 KB)
  14. Certified Translations of any non-English original documents must be provided.

When you have obtained all of the items which apply to you as noted above, you must mail in the provided Notification of Applicant Readiness form DS-2001, DS-160 confirmation barcode and 1 photograph (5cmX5cm with background) page with a copy of your passport to:

I brought my X-ray to the interview but is not asked for (that's the consulate in my country, not sure about yours. Check the review for your own country's consulate) The X-ray is yours to keep according to other posters here on VJ. It won't be needed for POE/interview.

-I am the Beneficiary-
event.png

K1 (I-129F) petition filed in August 2013 (Approved Feb 20th 2014)
13th May 2014: AOS (I-485) & EAD/AP combo card
21st May 2014: NOA 1 and biometric letter
11th June 2014: biometric appointment
13th June 2014: RFE received via mail
16th June 2014: replied to RFE
6th August 2014: EAD Approved, AP still in initial review
12th August 2014: got tracking number for EAD
( ) August 2014: Received EAD (I forgot what date I got them but I did receive them less than 5 days from the 12th)
10th September 2014: Interview Waiver received (I wished I was interviewed)
April 23, 2015, we registered your permanent resident status and mailed you a Welcome Notice

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Hi guys, just wondering if I have to take the chest x-ray to the interview? It's not clear from the checklist the embassy provided me (see below). I have to fly to Riyadh from another city and I find it cumbersome to carry it with me.

Madame/ Sir;

You are informed that a visa petition has been received from the Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS) according you status as a fiancée/fiancé under the provisions of Section 101(a)(15)(K) of the Immigration and Nationality Act, as amended. Please read and carefully follow the instructions below.

1. Fill out Form DS-160 go to http://travel.state.gov/visa/forms/forms_4230.html
  2. Obtain beneficiary’s original Birth Certificate plus 1 photocopy.
  3. Termination of prior marriages plus 1 copy, Beneficiary and/or Petitioner if applicable.
  4. Affidavit of Support I-134.
  5. Police Clearances.
  6. Police Clearance from Saudi Arabia.
  7. Passports.
  8. Deportation papers, if applicable.
  9. Court and prison records, if applicable.
  10. Military records, if applicable.
  11. Must provide proof of relationship between Beneficiary and Petitioner.
  12. MRV Fee receipt of $240/SR912. This must be paid by going to www.ustraveldocs.com and clicking on 240 USD Visa Classes– K. A visa application fee deposit slip should appear. This deposit slip should be taken to a SAMBA bank for payment of your fees.
  13. Medical Exam letter for panel physician (PDF 82 KB)
  14. Certified Translations of any non-English original documents must be provided.

When you have obtained all of the items which apply to you as noted above, you must mail in the provided Notification of Applicant Readiness form DS-2001, DS-160 confirmation barcode and 1 photograph (5cmX5cm with background) page with a copy of your passport to:

Not necessary, the Medical Exam letter will contain the physician's interpretive clinical opinion of the X-ray.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Timeline

Not necessary, the Medical Exam letter will contain the physician's interpretive clinical opinion of the X-ray.

Wait, the hospital didn't give me the medical exam result, I beleive they said they'll send upload the results to the emabassy.All they gave me were the xray and vaccine record sheet.

No you do not need to bring it to the interview. The x-ray is for you to keep, like a souvenir. All your medical records should be sent to the embassy directly from the doctor.

K-1
NOA1: 04/08/2014; NOA2: 04/21/2014; Visa interview, approved: 07/15/2014; POE: 07/25/2014; Marriage: 09/05/2014

AOS

NOA1:  09/12/2014;  Biometrics:  10/06/2014;  EAD/AP Received:  11/26/2014;  Interview Waiver Letter:  01/02/2015;  

RFE:  07/09/2015;  Permanent Residency Granted:  07/27/2015;  Green card Received:  08/22/2015

ROC

NOA1:  05/24/2017;  Biometrics:  06/13/2017;  Approved without interview:  09/05/2018;  10 Yr Green card Received:  09/13/2018

Naturalization

08/09/2020 -- Filed N-400 online

08/09/2020 -- NOA1 date

08/11/2020 -- NOA1 received in the mail

12/30/2020 -- Received notice online that an interview was scheduled

02/11/2021 -- Interview

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

No you do not need to bring it to the interview. The x-ray is for you to keep, like a souvenir. All your medical records should be sent to the embassy directly from the doctor.

Correct, thanks. good.gif

OP: the list given to you by the interviewing embassy/consulate is clear. There are processes done behind the scenes that you are not aware of...try not to overthink this stuff, it can drive you crazy. wacko.png

BTW, :time: It helps everyone that uses the site. Additionally, it enables other members to more easily formulate a proper response relative to your particular immigration situation.

Enjoy your new souvenir, and good luck on your interview. good.gif

Edited by A&B

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

No. The Embassy folks are not doctors and can not interpret them. That was done at the medical and those results are part of that sealed envelope.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.