3,016 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Those who are eagerly waiting for obama to take some decisions for family-based categories, read this :

http://www.vox.com/cards/immigration-reform-congress-2014-house-john-boehner-obama/what-could-obama-do-on-his-own-by-executive-action-what-can-only#E5880408

Actually, something to do for family-based categories is not in obama's hands !!

Timeline

Those who are eagerly waiting for obama to take some decisions for family-based categories, read this :

http://www.vox.com/cards/immigration-reform-congress-2014-house-john-boehner-obama/what-could-obama-do-on-his-own-by-executive-action-what-can-only#E5880408

Actually, something to do for family-based categories is not in obama's hands !!

I agree. F4's will have to bear the burden.

Timeline

This Obama can do on his own without the help of congress:-

Cases count regardless the Derivative Beneficiaries count: The basic problem of F4, F3 and EB categories are: their numbers of visas allocating to derivative beneficiaries. For instance, in F4 the quota has been sanctioned for a given fiscal year is 64,000 numbers but all these numbers consumed in this manner: Principal Beneficiary (1) + Derivative Beneficiaries (Spouse + Children, 3) at least 3 numbers will be consumed at any given situation or we can say that on an average lets take it 3 counts per case. In this way, right now just 21,000 approx. cases move per year (64/3) whereas if they fix this rule and count per CASE and not PERSONS will genuinely clear 64,000 cases regardless the total number of beneficiaries in an year. Charles Oppenheim said on this that if this fix wil be regulated then all the EB categories becomes Current immediately and FBs will be accelerated too and waiting times will be reduced eventually.

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Azerbaijan
Timeline

Hi friends, when i check my case in CEAC there comes a massage saying : please follow the instructions received for the next step . Is this mean that my case is opened? I will send an email to nvc abt my case , since I've not received anything yet! My pd is Oct18,2002

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Hi friends, when i check my case in CEAC there comes a massage saying : please follow the instructions received for the next step . Is this mean that my case is opened? I will send an email to nvc abt my case , since I've not received anything yet! My pd is Oct18,2002

No your case is not opened. It is now in NVC and waiting for visa number to be current. Once your case is close to current within 8 months then NVC will start processing your case like COA, AOS fee collection, IV fee collection, document collection and finally issue the interview letter. This the process.

"Please follow the instruction" is the standard format for all cases in CEAC site. Plz ignore and proceed as per the letter send to you time to time.

Edited by ikabirul

Timeline

OBAMA WILL GIVE ORDER ON IMMIGRATION AFTER NOVEMBER ELECTIONS BEFORE YEARS END....CONFIRMED BY WHITE HOUSE OFFICIALS............SO 9 WEEKS MORE.........'

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/08/white-house-immigration_n_5784512.html?ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000048&ir=Latino+Voices

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Azerbaijan
Timeline

But ,then it says "if you have not received anything or misplaced it ,contact nvc .

But ,then it says "if you have not received anything or misplaced it ,contact nvc .

Timeline

Until i know PD OCt 2002 is open ....one my close relative have already paid the fees for Oct 2002

F4 - India - PD - 23rd March 2003

- Received COA 14th May 2015

- Received Visa and reached to US in Feb 2016

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.