3,016 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

Whats your PD and when your b1/b2 was granted? Also how did you convince the visa officer? Thanks

My initial PD was 2004 on a F2B category. the first visa was granted in 2006 August and second in Sep 2008.

Initially I got only one year business visa as I had to attend some work meeting in the US. This was supported by the Invitation letter by US company and Reference letter from my Company. During this interview the visa officer also joked about my pending application that it will take centuries and laughed..

Second time after visiting twice on that 1 year visa, I applied to appear in an examination in the USA. This time also I have documents and proofs of the examination and a complelling reference letter from my organisation. I told the visa officer that beside this examination I want to also visit my parents in USA. He said ok he will make it B1/B2 so its both pleasure and business and that's it!

Edited by FN78

My initial PD was 2004 on a F2B category. the first visa was granted in 2006 August and second in Sep 2008.

Initially I got only one year business visa as I had to attend some work meeting in the US. This was supported by the Invitation letter by US company and Reference letter from my Company. During this interview the visa officer also joked about my pending application that it will take centuries and laughed..

Second time after visiting twice on that 1 year visa, I applied to appear in an examination in the USA. This time also I have documents and proofs of the examination and a complelling reference letter from my organisation. I told the visa officer that beside this examination I want to also visit my parents in USA. He said ok he will make it B1/B2 so its both pleasure and business and that's it!

Thanks for details. It seemed that you had good reasons for applying. Do you think applying for pleasure trip will make sense in my case? I have done some research on the net and it seemed that with dual intent it's hard to get but your case gives me some confidence.

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Thanks for details. It seemed that you had good reasons for applying. Do you think applying for pleasure trip will make sense in my case? I have done some research on the net and it seemed that with dual intent it's hard to get but your case gives me some confidence.

Any update of IL !!!

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I dont know whether someone has put on this or not ... But someone with PD as 30 Sep 2002 has paid $88 Fee.

F4 - India - PD - 23rd March 2003

- Received COA 14th May 2015

- Received Visa and reached to US in Feb 2016

Timeline

ALERT ALERT ...............

DOS increased fees for family category.......effective from 6th,sep,2014...

Thanks for sharing the information .

We guys are waiting for our turns ..no choice but accept the new fees

Affidavit of Support =$120 increased up to (+32).........

FB IV applicant =$325 increased up to (+95)...........

PD 31 Oct 2002

COA submitted , AOS paid

Timeline

Paid AOS fee and IV FEE yesterday , DS260 in now opened.

Great ..congrats things atleast moving for u ..what's ur PD ..mine is 31 Oct2002 so hope to get something in next 2 months atleast

PD 31 Oct 2002

COA submitted , AOS paid

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.