3,016 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: India
Timeline

guys don't pay ur IV fee application fee which is 230$.........because DOS moves dates on the bases of PAID IV fee........i am saying you again and again because it will speed up the dates of vb and your will come fast........when ur PD will get current then u can Pay ur Iv fee ......this is for all of us ............

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Does anyone know the total number of F4 Petition filed in 2002, 2003 and 2004? I could not find this info anywhere in USCIS/ DOS websites. Do they keep this info confidential?

Thanks,

Timeline

I have some doubt in my mind..As i mentioned before, we have already paid AOS fee and sent COA in 2010. According to me the next step should be paying the IV fee. Does NVC instruct the petitioner to pay the IV fee or he is supposed to sign in on his on at CEAC to check if he is eligible to pay the IV fee? I was wondering what would happen if we have missed to pay the IV fee. Will our case get cancelled?

PS:-My petitoner has not received any notice to pay the IV fee so far.

I would contact NVC as early as I can in this case. As per NVC's guidelines if they don't hear from petitioner / beneficiary for more than one year they automatically cancels the petition....this case is different because of retrogression...but it will be in your best interest to talk to NVC and ask for next steps.

Timeline

guys don't pay ur IV fee application fee which is 230$.........because DOS moves dates on the bases of PAID IV fee........i am saying you again and again because it will speed up the dates of vb and your will come fast........when ur PD will get current then u can Pay ur Iv fee ......this is for all of us ............

Jolly...I have been reading your request for a while that please don't pay IV fees...I disagree with this...we small number of people on this forum cannot dictate speed of VB by delaying paying IV fees...DOS will have some other way to prepare for cut-off dates for VB...even if we do get successful in speeding up VB by delaying paying IV fees....what will happen when suddenly lots of people start applying for IV fee at same time? If DOS finds itself in that situation then they might retrogress the PD backwards...to me that is more dangerous then small steady increment in priority dates..at least that will give anyone a fair amount of estimate on when they can expect their pd to be current...because of this I would rather advice anyone getting IV fee bill to pay as soon as possible and complete their process...

Timeline

Jolly...I have been reading your request for a while that please don't pay IV fees...I disagree with this...we small number of people on this forum cannot dictate speed of VB by delaying paying IV fees...DOS will have some other way to prepare for cut-off dates for VB...even if we do get successful in speeding up VB by delaying paying IV fees....what will happen when suddenly lots of people start applying for IV fee at same time? If DOS finds itself in that situation then they might retrogress the PD backwards...to me that is more dangerous then small steady increment in priority dates..at least that will give anyone a fair amount of estimate on when they can expect their pd to be current...because of this I would rather advice anyone getting IV fee bill to pay as soon as possible and complete their process...

I second that!

Timeline

OFFICAL STATEMENT BY DOS :

Note on Timing of NVC Fee Invoices

Mr. Oppenheim noted that the National Visa Center (NVC) is sending our requests for fee payments about 8 to 12 months in advance of the priority date becoming current (this is change to the previous practice of doing so 12-18 months in advance). When applicants pay the fee earlier after receipt of the fee invoice, Mr. Oppenheim is able to “see” the demand earlier and adjust the demand in the category accordingly, eliminating the need of major forward movement, followed by a retrogression.

http://www.cilawgroup.com/news/2014/04/29/visa-bulletin-predictions-and-comments-by-charles-oppenheim-eb-2-india-to-advance-finally-april-2014

GOT IT...........don't mislead others ......... :protest: :protest: :protest: :protest: :protest:

Timeline

i regard his words as......!@#$%^&&%, WHEN U MENTIONED THAT THE FEES WE PAID WILL SLOW IT DOWN......LMAO......come on dude, seriously????

do not joke with us using your own opinion or illusion

listen don't make over smart over here........read it :guides: :guides: :guides: :guides: :guides:

Mr. Oppenheim noted that the National Visa Center (NVC) is sending our requests for fee payments about 8 to 12 months in advance of the priority date becoming current (this is change to the previous practice of doing so 12-18 months in advance). When applicants pay the fee earlier after receipt of the fee invoice, Mr. Oppenheim is able to “see” the demand earlier and adjust the demand in the category accordingly, eliminating the need of major forward movement, followed by a retrogression.

http://www.cilawgroup.com/news/2014/04/29/visa-bulletin-predictions-and-comments-by-charles-oppenheim-eb-2-india-to-advance-finally-april-2014/

Timeline

I would contact NVC as early as I can in this case. As per NVC's guidelines if they don't hear from petitioner / beneficiary for more than one year they automatically cancels the petition....this case is different because of retrogression...but it will be in your best interest to talk to NVC and ask for next steps.

NVC never automatically cancels the petition after one year...........got it

process is :- after 1 year nvc send you an email regarding termination of the petition or nvc ask from you from that email.....and then after that they some proofs and other evidences...........more over if you need that termination email..i have that official termination email from nvc......i will send you...it helps you learn more about immigration process..... :guides: :guides: :guides: :guides: :guides: :guides:

Timeline

I predict 01JAN02. DOS will also give predictions for the coming VBs this time. I think that they would predict 3-5 weeks movement in the coming months for our category.

Timeline

OFFICAL STATEMENT BY DOS :

http://www.cilawgroup.com/news/2014/04/29/visa-bulletin-predictions-and-comments-by-charles-oppenheim-eb-2-india-to-advance-finally-april-2014

GOT IT...........don't mislead others ......... :protest: :protest: :protest: :protest: :protest:

I also suggested the same what you have mentioned above "eliminating the need of major forward movement, followed by a retrogression"

IF everyone doesn't pay the fees it will move the priority date forward fast and then when everyone starts applying for fees at same time there is a chance that DOS has to do retrogression...wouldn't it be more harmful for people? We are still in retrogression and hasn't seen any forward movement since long time...Instead if everyone will pay the fee on time (follow the process) agreed that it will be a slow movement but it will be a steady forward movement....what you have to say about that?

I also suggested the same what you have mentioned above "eliminating the need of major forward movement, followed by a retrogression"

IF everyone doesn't pay the fees it will move the priority date forward fast and then when everyone starts applying for fees at same time there is a chance that DOS has to do retrogression...wouldn't it be more harmful for people? We are still in retrogression and hasn't seen any forward movement since long time...Instead if everyone will pay the fee on time (follow the process) agreed that it will be a slow movement but it will be a steady forward movement....what you have to say about that?

totally right!

when the max num is settled,whether pay or not comes to the same result, pay fees early or not, does not make much difference.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.