DarkKiss

First Time Filer

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Peru
Timeline

Hello All:

So here is my Story. I am preparing to file for my Fiance who is from the Dominican Republic (D.R.)

Questions????

1. We met in person in January 2014 when I went to the D.R. to visit him. I have airline ticket boarding passes as evidence of departure and return portions of the trip. Will that be enough for evidence of meet in person requirement?

2. I filled out his G325a for him, and emailed it to him for him to sign and date and DHL it back to me. Will the fact that it is a copy,with his original signature, work or should I have DHL'd the original and have him sign that, then DHL that back to me? Just seems like a waste of money.

3. I emailed him a copy of the example form of Letter of Intent that I got from this site. He used that example and has prepared a letter of intent to marry in his own handwriting in Spanish. When he DHLs that back to me, I will be the one to have it translated into English over here in the U.S correct?.

4. How much evidence do I need to send to confirm the on-going relationship? We have lots of emails commencing from the beginning of our relationship in May 2013 until date. I filed those emails in folder, so when I open the folder, all of the items show as one-line items with a only a portion of the conversation visible. On those emails, can I just print the opened folder or do I need to open every email and print them out showing the content of each? Also how many emails do I need to send them.?

5. Phone Records. Sometimes I called directly from my cell to his cell of which ATT records show his personal number, but the majority of the time I used an international calling card where you call through a local number, put in the pin number, then call his number. When I used the calling card, only the local number shows up on my ATT bill. Can I just make copy of bill and highlight his number as well as the calling card number? How far do I need to go back with copies of the phone records?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Visa Timeline

Filed on I130 12/19/2021

R’cd NOA 1- 12/19/2021, Assigned - Nebraska Service Center

Hello All:

So here is my Story. I am preparing to file for my Fiance who is from the Dominican Republic (D.R.)

Questions????

1. We met in person in January 2014 when I went to the D.R. to visit him. I have airline ticket boarding passes as evidence of departure and return portions of the trip. Will that be enough for evidence of meet in person requirement?

2. I filled out his G325a for him, and emailed it to him for him to sign and date and DHL it back to me. Will the fact that it is a copy,with his original signature, work or should I have DHL'd the original and have him sign that, then DHL that back to me? Just seems like a waste of money.

3. I emailed him a copy of the example form of Letter of Intent that I got from this site. He used that example and has prepared a letter of intent to marry in his own handwriting in Spanish. When he DHLs that back to me, I will be the one to have it translated into English over here in the U.S correct?.

4. How much evidence do I need to send to confirm the on-going relationship? We have lots of emails commencing from the beginning of our relationship in May 2013 until date. I filed those emails in folder, so when I open the folder, all of the items show as one-line items with a only a portion of the conversation visible. On those emails, can I just print the opened folder or do I need to open every email and print them out showing the content of each? Also how many emails do I need to send them.?

5. Phone Records. Sometimes I called directly from my cell to his cell of which ATT records show his personal number, but the majority of the time I used an international calling card where you call through a local number, put in the pin number, then call his number. When I used the calling card, only the local number shows up on my ATT bill. Can I just make copy of bill and highlight his number as well as the calling card number? How far do I need to go back with copies of the phone records?

Thanks in advance for your help.

1. Include passport stamps and photos of you two together as well.

2. The G-325A can be saved, after you entered all the information, in PDF format which can be emailed to be printed and signed. Its not exactly a copy since your fiancé will be printing out the original. Yes he will have to mail it back to you, since it needs an original signature.

3. The letter needs to be in ENGLISH. Your fiancé does not need to translate it to Spanish to sign, for you to turn around and re-translate it back to English. All your fiancé needs to do is sign a letter of intent that is written in English. Your letter of intent can be exactly as it is written in the example forms. Your fiancé needs to sign this and mail it back to you.

4. I don't know how much evidence you should include, but maybe include a variety of evidence to prove your relationship.

5. Yes a copy with the highlighted number will work. In reference to the calling card, is there any record that could link the local number to his personal number? In any case maybe you can write a note saying that the local number is what you called to call his personal number. I would go back as far as you have phone records.

K-1
NOA1: 04/08/2014; NOA2: 04/21/2014; Visa interview, approved: 07/15/2014; POE: 07/25/2014; Marriage: 09/05/2014

AOS

NOA1:  09/12/2014;  Biometrics:  10/06/2014;  EAD/AP Received:  11/26/2014;  Interview Waiver Letter:  01/02/2015;  

RFE:  07/09/2015;  Permanent Residency Granted:  07/27/2015;  Green card Received:  08/22/2015

ROC

NOA1:  05/24/2017;  Biometrics:  06/13/2017;  Approved without interview:  09/05/2018;  10 Yr Green card Received:  09/13/2018

Naturalization

08/09/2020 -- Filed N-400 online

08/09/2020 -- NOA1 date

08/11/2020 -- NOA1 received in the mail

12/30/2020 -- Received notice online that an interview was scheduled

02/11/2021 -- Interview

Filed: IR-5 Country: Peru
Timeline

1. Include passport stamps and photos of you two together as well.

2. The G-325A can be saved, after you entered all the information, in PDF format which can be emailed to be printed and signed. Its not exactly a copy since your fiancé will be printing out the original. Yes he will have to mail it back to you, since it needs an original signature.

3. The letter needs to be in ENGLISH. Your fiancé does not need to translate it to Spanish to sign, for you to turn around and re-translate it back to English. All your fiancé needs to do is sign a letter of intent that is written in English. Your letter of intent can be exactly as it is written in the example forms. Your fiancé needs to sign this and mail it back to you.

4. I don't know how much evidence you should include, but maybe include a variety of evidence to prove your relationship.

5. Yes a copy with the highlighted number will work. In reference to the calling card, is there any record that could link the local number to his personal number? In any case maybe you can write a note saying that the local number is what you called to call his personal number. I would go back as far as you have phone records.

Thanks Zedayn for the informaiton. Will keep you guys posted

Visa Timeline

Filed on I130 12/19/2021

R’cd NOA 1- 12/19/2021, Assigned - Nebraska Service Center

Passport stamps (both entry and exit) should be included. If you have include pictures you took with his family. You can send emails and any other conversation records you have.

There is a calling card called Boss Revolution, the have an app for smart phones you can use to call and refill your account. You are able to print the record of when you refill as well as your call records. That is what I use to call my fiancee in DR.

Best of luck!

Eva

For paid calls we use Rebtel, and vox call and for free Wifi/internet connections we use Skype (video too). We've heard of Tango and Talkray but haven't been able to make that happen.

Noa1: Feb 12, 2014ARN: Feb 19, 2014Noa2: July 15, 2014NVC: July 22, 2014Left NVC: July 29, 2014CONSULATE: July 31, 2014PACKET 4: Aug 25, 2014INTERVIEW: Sept 18, 2014 APPROVED!!!!!!!US ENTRY: Oct 10,2014MARRIAGE: Nov 7,2014

AOS: Feb filersSent AOS packet via FedEx : Feb 13, 2015FedEx confirmed delivery: Feb 17, 2015Texts & Emails confirming receipt: Feb 20, 2015Check cashed: Feb 20, 2015NOA 1:received Feb 26, 2015 dated Feb 19, 2015Biometrics letter received: Feb 27, 2015Biometrics appt: Mar 12, 2015EAD Approved: Apr 24, 2015

AP Approved: Apr 24, 2015

Combo Card to Be Mailed:Combo Card Received: early MayInterview : waiver letter received :clock:Sept 15: APPROVED status online changed to "On September 15, 2015, we registered your permanent resident status and mailed you a Welcome Notice for Receipt Number MSCXXXXXXXX. Please follow the instructions in the notice." Welcome Letter received:Sept 21,2015!!!!!!

Green Card received: Sept 2015

ROC received in Vermont: Sept 1, 2017

ROC/Biometrics checks cashed: Sept 6, 2017

NOA1 received : 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.