Broken2019

additional evidence after your interview

39 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

My job would've let me off more than 9 days I wish I could have stayed longer.....we were told he would have had to provide information on an affidavit of support of how he supported himself which he only fix on computers on the side and do electrical work....so we where told it was better for him to receive support from me. Id see how age play a part in it.....ik people that are 20 30 40 years apart......

Whatttttt? Who in the world told you that lie about the affidavit of support? That form is all about the US citizen being able to support the immigrant.

You have to realize you are a fiancee' not even married sending money to a man in Africa (again looking at it as a CO not me).

How do you think that even looks. I can tell you rarely if ever is it a good idea to show you are sending money to a man (anywhere).

Why didn't you look over the I-134 form you can see no where it asks about him. Many immigrants are unemployed, poor, broke its no matter what financial position the immigrant has.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: Other Timeline

Never been married.....I have two kids but they dont live with me.....but he didn't tell him that one was in college and my daughter moved with her dad lastyear and the dad support them. He asked do I have kids and how old are they......He said he was very nervous and I think the guy got the best of him

Timeline

We did an traditional ceremony while we where their with his family and friends

And I suppose they know this because you showed pics of this? Or your fiance' said something to this at interview? Not good. You must realize traditional in African culture you are more married than a formal white wedding. And the embassy considers it married. Filing paper work is just a formality.

How many times you read in these forums engaged folk saying "we are just as married in Gods eyes we don't need the paperwork", blah blah.

You may have no recourse but to get married. You will just have to do what they ask and hope for the best.

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

ROC I-751

N-400

Timeline

He didn't tell about the traditional ceremony

But you showed pics of ceremony party. I have known of people from Nigerian, Ghana and Cameroon getting denied on k1 because the CO said they were married because they had engagement party.

ROC I-751

N-400

Filed: Timeline

From a CO point of view....frankly this smell like a scam

Y in the world would an older lady send money to Africa to

a man she met once & decided to petition him after a hook

by his cousin....remember tis is a lifetime decision (supposedly)

Edited by Jawaree

Timeline

Thanks for the support and the advice from you guys......really means alot! IDK wants gonna happen

Just know we are dealing with Africa and everything becomes suspect to the embassy. You can scream as much as you want how much you love each other.

You have to really know your embassy and know wayyyyy before petitioning what to show the CO.

All that you listed was that in your fiance's hands or you submitted with your petition?.

I can tell you for an African going through any embassy on earth you must submit a I-129F petition like a married couple would. Nothing tops face time. Visits are paramount. Time with family and friends pics all that.

Okay well gather your evidence and submit fast as possible. Please keep us posted. this is how we all learn.

ROC I-751

N-400

I didn't gather the information with him I sent him the stuff I had to send.....we should had did more research......what do u think will happen from this stand point and do u think I should go back and visit and make an appointment with the embassy with him

He was told he can only come on Wednesdays at 2pm....he just went there this pass Wednesday and made it through the first process and after waiting 4hrs he and others was told to come back next Wednesday at 2pm.....but I told him to go early than 2pm

Timeline

He was told he can only come on Wednesdays at 2pm....he just went there this pass Wednesday and made it through the first process and after waiting 4hrs he and others was told to come back next Wednesday at 2pm.....but I told him to go early than 2pm

Then get everything together now and have him be there first thing on Wednesday. Many times asking for extra evidence is a test to see if you even bother. That's a Red Flag maker not to present evidence when asked (I know weird huh).

I know this is alot of stuff we have said but keep your chin up and push through okay. Always remaining positive

ROC I-751

N-400

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.