19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

The embassy finally answered my email today and this is what they said

Good day: Your fiances case is currently in the final stages of the administrative process. Once the visa is printed, we will deliver it to DHL.

Regards, Visa UnitEmbassy of the United States of AmericaKingston, Jamaica

I hope they my honey visa is issued soon because God knows I miss him.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

At lease you got that much of a response. I got:

Dear Madam:
Your fiancé’s case is still undergoing administrative review. You will be contacted as soon as the review is completed.
Regards,
Immigrant Visa Unit
It's been over a month now and each time I contact this is all they can tell me. First they were saying "administrative processing" not sure if there is a difference between that and "administrative review" ClockWatch2.gifClockWatch2.gif

Timeline

How was the interview? Just want to know what was ur experience, thnx

At lease you got that much of a response. I got:

Dear Madam:
Your fiancé’s case is still undergoing administrative review. You will be contacted as soon as the review is completed.
Regards,
Immigrant Visa Unit
It's been over a month now and each time I contact this is all they can tell me. First they were saying "administrative processing" not sure if there is a difference between that and "administrative review" ClockWatch2.gifClockWatch2.gif

Timeline

How did your fiancee interview went? Mine is soon to come... want to have an idea evnthough everyone's experience is different, thnx

The embassy finally answered my email today and this is what they said

Good day: Your fiances case is currently in the final stages of the administrative process. Once the visa is printed, we will deliver it to DHL.

Regards, Visa UnitEmbassy of the United States of AmericaKingston, Jamaica

I hope they my honey visa is issued soon because God knows I miss him.

Timeline

How was the interview? Just want to know what was ur experience, thnx

My fiance said it went smoother than he anticipated. He didn't do much waiting, I'm guessing because it was Christmas eve.

Timeline

Wow....just realized u have been waiting well over a month. My gosh. Smh.

YUP ITS BEEN OVER A MONTH FOR ME TOO. I DONT WHAT IS THEIR SYSTEM BUT ITS NOT WORKING....

Timeline

How did your fiancee interview went? Mine is soon to come... want to have an idea evnthough everyone's experience is different, thnx

MY FIANCE SAID HIS INTERVIEW WENT WELL HE WAS ONLY ASKED 3 QUESTIONS AND HE WAS APPROVED. THEY KEPT HIS PASSPORT BUT WE HAD TO SEND IN ADDITIONAL COSPONSOR INFORMATION. THEY RECIEVED THE COPSONSOR INFO ON 12/31/13. BEEN WAITING SINCE..

HE WAS ASKED

1 WHEN DID WE MEET

2 WHAT MY NAME

3 WHERE DO I WORK

Timeline

I had a similar situation, I didn't provide the original copy of the affidavit for the interview. I sent it and they received it. I guess basing on ur experience I should expect to wait 2 months as well. cray5ol.gif

Timeline

if is says Non-Immigrant "Ready" then its getting ready to print. Sounds like you are almost at the finish line. Remember the tracking number will post on the visainfo site. (website you registered for passport delivery). A month is not bad. Looks like the embassy is picking up on processing the fiance visas. DHL will issue the tracking number. After your visa says issued, usually the next morning DHL will pick up and bring to their main sorting center - usually by 2 pm that day. It take a couple of days for DHL to enter and the VisaInfo site to update with the tracking number. Be patient you are almost there.

Timeline

if is says Non-Immigrant "Ready" then its getting ready to print. Sounds like you are almost at the finish line. Remember the tracking number will post on the visainfo site. (website you registered for passport delivery). A month is not bad. Looks like the embassy is picking up on processing the fiance visas. DHL will issue the tracking number. After your visa says issued, usually the next morning DHL will pick up and bring to their main sorting center - usually by 2 pm that day. It take a couple of days for DHL to enter and the VisaInfo site to update with the tracking number. Be patient you are almost there.

Thank you BeanCamp this info is very helpful...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

If it's any help, ours was issued on a Friday, left the embassy the following Tuesday and we didn't get the waybill until Thursday. The visa was available the next day in Mobay for pick up. So it took exactly one week from issued to pick up.

And ours was stuck on Ready for two weeks and two days until it turne to AP for less than a day and then Issued.

August 4 2012: filed i130

December 5 2012: noa1

May 8:2013: noa2

June 3 2013: case received at NVC

August 26 2013: AOS package received at NVC

Sept 19 2013: case complete

October 1 2013: interview date received from NVC

Nov 26 2013: interview

Timeline

My case was updated to Administrative Processing. See below

Administrative Processing

Application ID or Case Number: KNG20137530#####

Case Creation Date: 02-Jan-2014

Status Updated Date: 29-Jan-2014

Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks. Please follow any instructions provided by the Consular Officer at the time of your interview. If further information is needed, you will be contacted. If your visa application is approved, it will be processed and mailed/available within two business days

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Though my fiance isn't from Jamaica, my CEAC postings have changed a lot lately....immigrant ap, immigrant ready, nonimmigrant ready, nonimmigrant ap, back to nonimmigrant ready today, and then quickly back to ap. It's been "fun" to watch the changes.

ROC

3.6.2017     Mailed I-751

3.7.2017     NOA sent

3.23.2017   Biometrics Appointment

2.26.2018   I-751 Transferred to Local Office

3.5.2018     I-751 Received in Local Office

5.1.2018     Case Transferred; Preliminary Review Done; transferred to NBC in Lee's Summit, MO

5.3.2018     Case Transferred

7.24.2018   Joint interview approved

7.30.2018   Green Card received

Naturalization

3.15.2018   Filed N 400 Online

3.15.2018   USCIS sent the receipt

3.16.2018   USCIS sent biometrics letter

6.14.2018   Interview Notice sent

7.24.2018   Naturalization Interview; approved

9.26.2018   Oath Ceremony Scheduled

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.