southernchic

DC Int'l Couples

3 posts in this topic

Hi all. I've just organized a yahoo site for DC International Couples. The purpose of the group is to provide support for international couples and to organize events in the DC Metro Area. For more information go to the website and subscribe.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dc_internationalcouples/

Our first meet and greet is tentatively scheduled for Sunday, Jan. 14th from 3:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. The location has yet to be determined.

For those who have expressed interest, I will invite you today.

Best,

Southern

6/2004 - Met Ethiopia (I was there on business). Spent two days together.

2004 - 05 - Fell in love

8/05 - Visited Ethiopia

9/05 - GOT MARRIED!!!

I-130

12/21/05 - Mailed I-130

12/27/05 - Rcv'd NOA1

I-129F (K-3)

01/22/06 - Mailed in I-129F

1/29/06 - I-129F Rcvd

02/02/05 - Recvd NOA1

3/24/06 - K-3 application approved - mailed to NVC

3/29/06 - Recvd I-797 NOA 2 via mail (less than 60 days)

4/06 - Recv'd letter from NVC

4/06 - Found out that there was a mixup at the Embassy - Somehow they didn't have his mailing address

5/2/06 - Husband meets with officials at Ethiopian Embassy - Recv'd Packet 4 (instructions for visa)

5/12/06 - Send affidavit of support, evidence of relationship via DHL to Sultan in Addis

5/16/06 - DHL arrives in Addis

5/18/06 - US Embassy told him he would get a same day interview when he submits his visa app (w/medical, police, affidavit of support, and proof of relationship)

5/23/06 - Submits his visa application. ITS APPROVED!!!!!!

5/24/06 - Picks up his passport and visa envelope.

6/26/06 - Arrives in the US!!!!

EAD

7/22/06 - Mailed EAD form

8/24/06 - NOA arrives in the mail

9/7/06 - Biometrics Appointment

10/03/06 - Work Authorization Card Arrives!!!

10/4/06 - Applied for SSN

10/17/06 - SSN Arrives in the Mail!!

11/21/06 - First Day at Work.

Filed: Timeline
I think this is great, hope you get lots of couples for support and ideas.

I am still looking for something like this in the St. Louis metro area, I live in Illinois.

Good luck to all !

I live in Illinois as well and love meeting new couples pm me and lets see if we can get something lgoing as well!

.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.