Looking4Wife

CR-1/IR-1 Colombia Club

428 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
Hola all

Just calling on the collective wisdom of this thread ( and the "Colombia Club" ). Anyone have a suggection for a apartment in Bogota? Tried www.welovebogota.com but they are booked up for february. Any suggestion would be appreciated :yes: .

Tony

Will post Part II soon, but stopped into a Cafe Internet solamente para unos segundos.... DO NOT BOOK THE APARTMENT AT WWW.WELOVEBOGOTA.COM.... I will give the info later, but right now I will do everything I can to take even $1 out of their pocket, and normally I am not this way....

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.gif3dflagsdotcom_colom_2fawl.gif

You can visit us at: www.BradAndVicky.com

CR-1 Process (I-130)

06/02/06 - I-130 received @ USCIS Texas Service Center

06/26/06 - NOA1 received, Dated 6/22 & check cashed

08/29/06 - Approved by email - 91 DAYS!!!

09/05/06 - NOA2 received by mail

09/20/06 - NVC assigned Case #

10/02/06 - DS3032 & AOS Fee Bill Generated

10/04/06 - DS3032 Shortcut Emailed & AOS Fee Bill Shortcut Sent

10/06/06 - Received email acceptance of DS3032

10/18/06 - Received & Returned IV Fee Bill

10/20/06 - I-864 Package Generated, Shorcut Sent

11/01/06 - DS-230 Package Generated, Shortcut Sent

12/01/06 - Case Complete!!!

12/07/06 - Case sent to US Embassy, Bogota

01/15/07 - Received packet from Bogota!

01/30/07 - Bogota Interview - Approved! (visa received same day)

02/08/07 - Welcome to the E.U. mi Amor!

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hola all

Just calling on the collective wisdom of this thread ( and the "Colombia Club" ). Anyone have a suggection for a apartment in Bogota? Tried www.welovebogota.com but they are booked up for february. Any suggestion would be appreciated :yes: .

Tony

Will post Part II soon, but stopped into a Cafe Internet solamente para unos segundos.... DO NOT BOOK THE APARTMENT AT WWW.WELOVEBOGOTA.COM.... I will give the info later, but right now I will do everything I can to take even $1 out of their pocket, and normally I am not this way....

Thanks Brad and sorry for the trouble.

11/28/06 Received NOA1 from VSC by snail mail

12/05/06 Touched

12/21/06 Received email notification of approval! NOA2

12/28/06 Received NOA2 from VSC by snail mail

12/27/06 NVC received I-129F

12/28/06 NVC mailed I-129F to Bogota via DHL

01/02/07 Package arrive in Bogota

01/09/07 Faxed/mailed "shortcut"

01/11/07 Fiancee received Package 3 by mail

01/26/07 Interview date set for 2/26/07

01/30/07 Fiancee received Package 4

02/26/07 Interview is successful

02/27/07 Fiancee received Visa

03/15/07 Arrived in New York!

05/26/07 Married in Orlando!

AOS

06/28/07 Mailed AOS package

06/30/07 Received in Chicago

07/12/07 AOS application check cashed

07/14/07 Received NOA for AOS

07/16/07 Received snail mail notice of Biometric date of 08/02/07

08/02/07 Biometrics

09/07/07 Online notice that EAD card ordered

09/18/07 Received EAD card in the mail

08/03/08 Finally able to view case online

08/16/08 Received notice for second biometrics

09/10/08 Received notice for AOS interview on 09/16/08

09/16/08 AOS APROVED!!!!!

09/29/08 CG arrived in the mail.

07/15/10 Mailed package for lifting conditions.

07/23/10 Received NOA for lifting conditions

07/28/10 Received notice of biometric appointment for

August 11,2010.

Timeline

The Complete CR-1 Bogota Experience - Part I:

Finally a chance to update!!!! Ok...so I am REALLY freakin tired for many reasons, one would be the obvious in that I didnt get enough sleep. You figure that one out, since I havent seen Vicky for 3 months more or less!!!!! hahahah

So we arrive and the plane is late. After we do find eachother, we go straight to the apartment at www.welovebogota.com (which I thought was a retarded name anyway). The place is ridiculous hard for a taxi to find, is WAY off the beaten path, has minimal to nothing available in walking distance (one or two quickie convenience spaces is about it) and has security that is less than securing or helpful. Enetered the apartment to meet one of the guys involved in the scam, who is immediately brash with us and is trying to explain how we need to lock the bedroom door, not paying attention to the fact we rented the WHOLE apartment for a special (overpriced) price. I also ask about AC because when I talked to the owner in email, he said it had it. No big deal because Bogota is pretty cool, but on the 6th floor even with the windows open is wasnt ¨cool¨. So anyway, apartment didnt have it. So as we are trying to get past these two things, noticing that the apartment is about as big as my bathroom and you almost cant turn around in the hallway or get a big suitcase down it without scratching the walls. Then as Vicky is trying to expalin our quandry, and we offer 2 nights of pay up front and ask for 24 hours to make a decision on further nights, the ahole decides he is going to get snooty with my wife. OK...STOP...thats it. Nobody does this, at least not with me around. It took about 15 seconds to tell him what a ####### he was (in my best spanish) and get our bags outtathere! You would be absolutely wasting your time to rent at this place, and I am happy to take any money away from them that I can. I will tell you later where we stayed, for about 40 nightly for a nice room in a nice little Suite Hotel...but in case someone wants to get vindictive and sees this post I obviously dont want to give up my location while I am in it! hahahah

So anyway, PLEASE dont rent that apartment.

On to the rest real quickly...woke up REAL early to get the to 7am opening of the Lab. Got there at 630 to try and beat the line. We ended up as 7 in a line of 10 when the place opened. She was out in 25 minutes. I assume it could be worse, so still suggest you arrive early. You have to wait outside for opening, and the Beneficiary is not allowed in at all.

Then we went to eat.

Then we went to DAS to apply for that paper. It took longer to get IN than it did to get a notice stating she applied for it. The notice, according to DAS, is sufficient because she has no record. We paid for the applcation in a bank in Barranquilla before she left for Bogota.

Then we went shopping.

Then we went to the Medico. Beneficiary again is not allowed in. Brought all the paperwork as listed in Packet 4, however one girl was supposedly turned away for not havin 5 pictures....we thought it was three....and Vicky didnt get turned away. As I type, she is in the Medico and it has been about 2 hours.... The fiance of an acquaintance I made here got it all done in 3 hours, walking out with a sealed package in hand for the embassy tomorrow!

The next update will be Visa or No Visa. Wish us luck or pray, whatever suits you!

(Sorry for any typos...this damn keyboard is covered in saranwrap and is unusually annoying!)

Edited by bradyvicky

CR-1 Process (I-130)

Timeline

Good luck with the interview brother and best wishes.......Congrats

The Complete CR-1 Bogota Experience - Part I:

Finally a chance to update!!!! Ok...so I am REALLY freakin tired for many reasons, one would be the obvious in that I didnt get enough sleep. You figure that one out, since I havent seen Vicky for 3 months more or less!!!!! hahahah

So we arrive and the plane is late. After we do find eachother, we go straight to the apartment at www.welovebogota.com (which I thought was a retarded name anyway). The place is ridiculous hard for a taxi to find, is WAY off the beaten path, has minimal to nothing available in walking distance (one or two quickie convenience spaces is about it) and has security that is less than securing or helpful. Enetered the apartment to meet one of the guys involved in the scam, who is immediately brash with us and is trying to explain how we need to lock the bedroom door, not paying attention to the fact we rented the WHOLE apartment for a special (overpriced) price. I also ask about AC because when I talked to the owner in email, he said it had it. No big deal because Bogota is pretty cool, but on the 6th floor even with the windows open is wasnt ¨cool¨. So anyway, apartment didnt have it. So as we are trying to get past these two things, noticing that the apartment is about as big as my bathroom and you almost cant turn around in the hallway or get a big suitcase down it without scratching the walls. Then as Vicky is trying to expalin our quandry, and we offer 2 nights of pay up front and ask for 24 hours to make a decision on further nights, the ahole decides he is going to get snooty with my wife. OK...STOP...thats it. Nobody does this, at least not with me around. It took about 15 seconds to tell him what a ####### he was (in my best spanish) and get our bags outtathere! You would be absolutely wasting your time to rent at this place, and I am happy to take any money away from them that I can. I will tell you later where we stayed, for about 40 nightly for a nice room in a nice little Suite Hotel...but in case someone wants to get vindictive and sees this post I obviously dont want to give up my location while I am in it! hahahah

So anyway, PLEASE dont rent that apartment.

On to the rest real quickly...woke up REAL early to get the to 7am opening of the Lab. Got there at 630 to try and beat the line. We ended up as 7 in a line of 10 when the place opened. She was out in 25 minutes. I assume it could be worse, so still suggest you arrive early. You have to wait outside for opening, and the Beneficiary is not allowed in at all.

Then we went to eat.

Then we went to DAS to apply for that paper. It took longer to get IN than it did to get a notice stating she applied for it. The notice, according to DAS, is sufficient because she has no record. We paid for the applcation in a bank in Barranquilla before she left for Bogota.

Then we went shopping.

Then we went to the Medico. Beneficiary again is not allowed in. Brought all the paperwork as listed in Packet 4, however one girl was supposedly turned away for not havin 5 pictures....we thought it was three....and Vicky didnt get turned away. As I type, she is in the Medico and it has been about 2 hours.... The fiance of an acquaintance I made here got it all done in 3 hours, walking out with a sealed package in hand for the embassy tomorrow!

The next update will be Visa or No Visa. Wish us luck or pray, whatever suits you!

(Sorry for any typos...this damn keyboard is covered in saranwrap and is unusually annoying!)

Matt Jewitt

Service Center : Nebraska Service Center

Consulate : Bogota, Colombia

Marriage : 2005-12-14

I-130 Sent : 2006-02-07

I-130 NOA1 : 2006-02-16

I-130 Approved : 2006-03-27

NVC Received : 2006-09-04

Received DS-3032 &I-864 Bill : 2006-09-26

Pay I-864 Bill : 2006-09-26

Receive I-864 Package : 2006-10-14

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2006-10-17

Receive IV Bill : 2006-11-13

Pay IV Bill : 2006-11-24

Receive Instruction Package : 2006-12-11

Case Completed at NVC : 2007-01-19

NVC Left : 2007-01-26

Consulate Received : 2007-01-29

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received : 2007-02-21

Interview Date : 2007-03-27

Visa Received : 2007-03-28

US Entry : 2007-05-04

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline
Hola all

Tony

Brad, so sorry you had such a bad experience with welovebogota.com buddy.....I kinda feel bad because I was the one that recomended it here. But my experience was totally opposite to you.

I had a good experience with the guy. He was nice, courteous and attended to anything that I needed. I booked it for $35 a night but only the Master Bedroom. (although the guy did tell me he was increasing the price). Its true no AC, but you don't need it in Bogota in my opinion. Opening the window is good enough for it to be cool and if you close it the temp is nice......

It is kinda small but I guess in my case I never expect too much of things in Colombia....Its not the US.

There is a shopping center across the street called Cipres Plaza (kinda diagonally from the apt). They have a Credit Union bank there and some nice cafe's and places to eat. In that Credit Union you can make your Visa payment, so that was very convenient for us.

It is not off the beaten path either.... Its 2 blocks away from the embassy. It is nicely gaurded also with many cops walking in the area because a government building is also across the way from the apt.....

But anyways I have no connection to the guy so I'm not trying to sell the apt to anyone. Just wanted to post that I had a good experience with the guy.....

Again Brad sorry it went bad for you man, my apologies since I was the one that recomended it on here.....And if he did disrespect your wife in anyway, then you were totally entitled to do what you did. I'm surprised because he was a very nice person to us and very attentive. But you never know who you dealing with.

And again I hope all went well with you at the interview buddy.

I arrived in Miami yesterday with my fiance. Folks, its the BEST FEELING IN THE WORLD. To have your wife/fiance finally with you.....

Good luck to all of you.

mystery

K-1 Timeline:

11/27/04 - First met

03/06/06 - Engaged

06/16/06 - New I-129f sent

06/19/06 - I-129f rec'vd by TSC

06/29/06 - NOA1

09/12/06 - NOA2

01/24/07 - Interview APPROVED!

01/30/07 - Returned to US with fiance

02/15/07 - Married

AOS Timeline:

04/24/07 - AOS/EAD mailed out

06/06/07 - Biometrics done

06/21/07 - I-485 APPROVED!!

Timeline

The Complete CR-1 Bogota Experience - Part III:

Fisrt of all, MYstery, no problem Man!!!! I had already booked it before I saw that you were there. Such is life, in that we all have different experiences...and I agree with you that AC is not always needed, but had that been the ONLY issue we would have stayed. In fact I couldnt even get the guy to take $100 USD from my hand without getting more attitude to at least keep us from having to search for a new place in the middle of the evening and while tired! At any rate, it is my pleasure to make them lose a little money...lol.. I am a cutthroat businessman and would expect the same if I treated anyone like this!

Now...as for Part III... APPROVED!

We got up really early after having gone to bed just as early. Went straight to the Embassy, which is NOT the main entrance. Our taxi driver larned this quickly, because if your taxi stops at the front entrance for more than a minute expect guns to get pointed at you...as you know our national security is something of a sight! hahaha So anyway, made it to the BACK entrance where you walk about 150 yards and get into one of three lines. For now, line 3 is for resident Visas. We got there at about 6:35 and they started letting you in at 7. Order in line means nothing really. First you have a group conference with a lady that expalins how to organize all your info in a packet. Then you are called, in order of appearence, to turn in all your papaerwork to one of four windows. This is the only time the order matters because people who turned in their paperwork AFTER us were later interviewed BEFORE us. After turning in the paperwork, you got to a different area and again...sit and wait.

We sat ffomr 830am to about 2pm, when we were called to window 3. We were the LAST couple to be interviewed, and had seen a string of denials right before us. The vice consulate asked Vicky to pick up the phone and then began to look at the file. It couldnt have been easier... He first asked her for pictures, and she handed him 8 packets of thumbnailed pictured printed on sheets of paper and organized by trip, with a title page and a big picture of the two of us on the front of each packet. They seem to be VERY interested in pictures together...this is all he was alooking for and we saw this MANY times with other interviews. He looked at about 25 percent of the pics and returned them. He then asked her how we met, how long we have been together, how many times I visited and what I do for a living. She answered all and after typing in the computer for a short time reached for the green ticket, split it in half, and gave one half to her telling her to return at 4pm to pick up her Visa!!!!! If he reaches for the WHITE ticket your denied!!!!!!

We returned SAME DAY at 4pm and picked up the visa, but not all of the approvals received same day..some had to return the next day. And again, they are VERY interested in pictues. We also saw several cases where one of the two had to walk away and the vice consulate talked to one at a time privately! However the vice consul did not even want to talk to me, but I grabbed the phone and thanked him anyway! hahaha

So....we are here for a few days then off to Barranquilla, and she will be moving to Miami with me in about 10 days!!!!

Thanks for all the input and support! We wont disappear here, and would love to maintain some of the friendships we have found along the way!!!!

CR-1 Process (I-130)

Fisrt of all, MYstery, no problem Man!!!! I had already booked it before I saw that you were there. Such is life, in that we all have different experiences...and I agree with you that AC is not always needed, but had that been the ONLY issue we would have stayed. In fact I couldnt even get the guy to take $100 USD from my hand without getting more attitude to at least keep us from having to search for a new place in the middle of the evening and while tired! At any rate, it is my pleasure to make them lose a little money...lol.. I am a cutthroat businessman and would expect the same if I treated anyone like this!

We got up really early after having gone to bed just as early. Went straight to the Embassy, which is NOT the main entrance. Our taxi driver larned this quickly, because if your taxi stops at the front entrance for more than a minute expect guns to get pointed at you...as you know our national security is something of a sight! hahaha So anyway, made it to the BACK entrance where you walk about 150 yards and get into one of three lines. For now, line 3 is for resident Visas. We got there at about 6:35 and they started letting you in at 7. Order in line means nothing really. First you have a group conference with a lady that expalins how to organize all your info in a packet. Then you are called, in order of appearence, to turn in all your papaerwork to one of four windows. This is the only time the order matters because people who turned in their paperwork AFTER us were later interviewed BEFORE us. After turning in the paperwork, you got to a different area and again...sit and wait.

We sat ffomr 830am to about 2pm, when we were called to window 3. We were the LAST couple to be interviewed, and had seen a string of denials right before us. The vice consulate asked Vicky to pick up the phone and then began to look at the file. It couldnt have been easier... He first asked her for pictures, and she handed him 8 packets of thumbnailed pictured printed on sheets of paper and organized by trip, with a title page and a big picture of the two of us on the front of each packet. They seem to be VERY interested in pictures together...this is all he was alooking for and we saw this MANY times with other interviews. He looked at about 25 percent of the pics and returned them. He then asked her how we met, how long we have been together, how many times I visited and what I do for a living. She answered all and after typing in the computer for a short time reached for the green ticket, split it in half, and gave one half to her telling her to return at 4pm to pick up her Visa!!!!! If he reaches for the WHITE ticket your denied!!!!!!

We returned SAME DAY at 4pm and picked up the visa, but not all of the approvals received same day..some had to return the next day. And again, they are VERY interested in pictues. We also saw several cases where one of the two had to walk away and the vice consulate talked to one at a time privately! However the vice consul did not even want to talk to me, but I grabbed the phone and thanked him anyway! hahaha

So....we are here for a few days then off to Barranquilla, and she will be moving to Miami with me in about 10 days!!!!

Thanks for all the input and support! We wont disappear here, and would love to maintain some of the friendships we have found along the way!!!!

Way to go!!!!!! Congrats man! I'm happy for the both of you. Thanks for all the info. I will off to Bogota and Barranquilla in a few weeks too.

11/28/06 Received NOA1 from VSC by snail mail

12/05/06 Touched

12/21/06 Received email notification of approval! NOA2

12/28/06 Received NOA2 from VSC by snail mail

12/27/06 NVC received I-129F

12/28/06 NVC mailed I-129F to Bogota via DHL

01/02/07 Package arrive in Bogota

01/09/07 Faxed/mailed "shortcut"

01/11/07 Fiancee received Package 3 by mail

01/26/07 Interview date set for 2/26/07

01/30/07 Fiancee received Package 4

02/26/07 Interview is successful

02/27/07 Fiancee received Visa

03/15/07 Arrived in New York!

05/26/07 Married in Orlando!

AOS

06/28/07 Mailed AOS package

06/30/07 Received in Chicago

07/12/07 AOS application check cashed

07/14/07 Received NOA for AOS

07/16/07 Received snail mail notice of Biometric date of 08/02/07

08/02/07 Biometrics

09/07/07 Online notice that EAD card ordered

09/18/07 Received EAD card in the mail

08/03/08 Finally able to view case online

08/16/08 Received notice for second biometrics

09/10/08 Received notice for AOS interview on 09/16/08

09/16/08 AOS APROVED!!!!!

09/29/08 CG arrived in the mail.

07/15/10 Mailed package for lifting conditions.

07/23/10 Received NOA for lifting conditions

07/28/10 Received notice of biometric appointment for

August 11,2010.

Timeline

Brad:

Congratulations! Also, thanks for the info on your experience.

I-130 Timeline

08-15-06: Married in Barranquilla, Colombia

08-23-06: I-130 mailed to Texas Service Center

08-28-06: I-130 received by CSC

09-06-06: NOA 1

09-12-06: Touched

11-02-06: NOA 2 Approval E-mail (71 Days)!!

NVC

11-15-06: Case received by NVC and case # assigned

11-20-06: DS-3032 and AOS Bill Generated

11-21-06: E-Mailed Choice of Agent

11-24-06: AOS Bill Mailed to NVC

11-29-06: Received email acceptance of DS-3032

12-04-06: IV Fee Bill and I-864 Generated

12-11-06: Received IV Fee Bill and I-864

12-12-06: Mailed IV Fee Bill and I-864 to NVC (overnight)

12-18-06: IV Fee Bill entered into system by NVC

12-27-06: DS-230 Generated by NVC

12-27-06: Mailed DS-230 to NVC (overnight)

02-01-07: Case Completed by NVC!!

02-07-07: Case Sent to U.S. Embassy in Bogota

Embassy - Bogota

02-09-07: Case received by Embassy (estimated)

03-27-07: Interview Scheduled

03-29-07: Visa Issued!!

03-29-07: Arrival In USA

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Brad, congrats buddy!!!! You did it!!!

K-1 Timeline:

11/27/04 - First met

03/06/06 - Engaged

06/16/06 - New I-129f sent

06/19/06 - I-129f rec'vd by TSC

06/29/06 - NOA1

09/12/06 - NOA2

01/24/07 - Interview APPROVED!

01/30/07 - Returned to US with fiance

02/15/07 - Married

AOS Timeline:

04/24/07 - AOS/EAD mailed out

06/06/07 - Biometrics done

06/21/07 - I-485 APPROVED!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Brad,

Congratulations! I'm kicking myself for not sticking to CR-1 route since they both would have done around the same time. I wish you and Vicky the best in your new lives together in the States. Take care and God bless!

Brian

Timeline

Brad and Vicky, congratulations. I wish only the best for you now and in the future. It is funny how much we share but how little we know of one another here. All day yesterday I was thinking of you two and wondering how everything went. Thanks for all the info too, main thing though is,

YOU GOT THE VISA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doug

I-130

2006 09 06 Mailed I-130

2006 09 07 Rec'd at CA Center

2006 09 13 I-130 NOA1 receipt date

2006 11 22 NOA2, approved

2007 02 15 Case complete at NVC

2007 02 21 Case forwarded to Bogota Embassy

2007 02 23 Case received at Embassy

2007 04 12 Interview,VISA GRANTED

I-751- Removing Conditions

2009 04 08 Overnight Application

2009 04 09 Rec'd Application at CSC

2009 04 17 Rec'd NOA

2009 05 10 Called CSC - No Biometrix letter, 45 day Inquiry starts

2009 05 18 Made Info Pass appointment for June 2

2009 05 26 Rec'd response and copy of Bio Appt letter dated May 14, Appt on May 28

2009 05 27 Biometrix-walked in a day early and completed appointment

2009 06 01 Approved Conditions Removed (rec'd Congratulations letter on June 9)

2009 06 12 Touched but nothing changed on USCIS website

Timeline

Brad, I'm really happy for the both of you. Was Vicky nervous? Thanks for all of the information you've shared with us. My wife and I wish you both the best with everything. take care and don't be a stranger. We'll have to plan a night out in Barranquilla, let me know when you plan to return..perhaps Christmas? Hopefully my wife will be here by then but the way things are going with Vermont I just don't know. Take care man

JK

USCIS (CR-1)

10/03/06 Sent Packet to Vermont Service Center

10/14/06 Received NOA1 (I-797C) in the mail

03/11/07 NOA2 I-797 Approved (I-130 approved in 5 months)

03/12/07 NOA2 Approval Notification received by email

03/15/07 NOA2 received in the mail (postmarked 03/13/07)

NVC

03/14/07 NVC received case/assigned number

03/27/07 AOS(Affidavit of Support) Fee Bill and DS-3032 generated

03/27/07 DS-3032 emailed from wifes email account

03/27/07 AOS Fee Bill mailed

03/30/07 NVC emails my wife acknowledging receipt of DS-3032

04/02/07 Immigrant Visa (IV) Bill generated

04/04/07 AOS Fee Bill entered into NVC system

04/09/07 I-864 Generated

04/12/07 (IV) Bill received/mailed to NVC

04/16/07 I-864 sent to NVC

04/19/07 (IV) Fee Bill and I-864 entered into NVC system

04/25/07 NVC mails Barcode and Instructions for DS-230

04/27/07 NVC completes review of I-864: Approved

05/02/07 Received Instructions for DS-230/Mailed DS-230 to NVC

05/04/07 NVC enters DS-230 into system

05/15/07 Case Complete

06/18/07 Interview date : July 09, 2007

06/20/07 NVC mails packet 4 to me and my wife

06/21/07 NVC mails case to bogota

06/23/07 Received packet 4

07/09/07 Interview/Visa Approved

07/11/07 Visa in hand!!

08/2007 arrival in the US

10/15/2007 applied for SS card at our local SS office

10/23/2007 received SS card in the mail

Timeline

Brad y Vicky:

Felicidades! I am so happy for you guys! :dance:

I am also very grateful for your detailed reporting.

My prayers are with you both for a smooth transition to the USA and continued happiness in your marriage!

USCIS (CR-1)

06/30/2006 Mailed I-130 USPS Overnight Mail to Nebraska (NSC)

07/03/2006 Express Mail signed for at NSC

07/08/2006 Found out on VJ that my case is transferred to California (CSC)

07/21/2006 NOA1

11/02/2006 NOA2

NVC

11/13/2006 NVC Case # Assigned

11/20/2006 DS-3032 and AOS Fee Bill generated

11/21/2006 Emailed Choice of Agent (from wife/non-USC) in lieu of DS-3032

11/21/2006 Sent AOS Fee Bill Payment via USPS Overnight Mail

11/30/2006 NVC Processed AOS Fee Bill Payment (still no record of receiving Choice of Agent Email)

12/04/2006 Sent DS-3032 Choice of Agent USPS Overnight

12/11/2006 Received I-864 Affidavit of Support (AOS) in mail

12/11/2006 Sent I-864 AOS to NVC via USPS Overnight

12/11/2006 Immigrant Visa (IV) Fee Bill Generated

12/18/2006 Received IV Fee Bill in the mail

12/18/2006 Sent IV Fee Bill payment to NVC via USPS Overnight

01/03/2007 Sent DS-230 USPS Overnight

01/08/2007 NVC processed DS-230

01/12/2007 Received DS-230 (Part 1) and the list of "Documents You Need to Obtain" for Embassy Interview in mail

02/06/2007 Case Complete @ NVC

02/13/2007 Case sent to Embassy

Embassy

03/15/2007 Received Interview Instructions (aka Packet 4)

04/03/2007 Lab Tests

04/04/2007 Medical Exam

04/10/2007 Interview (Conditional Approval)

04/12/2007 Visa Approved!

04/18/2007 Visa in Hand, Gracias a Dios !!!

04/19/2007 Arrival in USA !!! (POE = Atlanta)

05/29/2007 Received Green Card in mail

www.MarriageBuilders.com

Timeline

CONGRATS Brad and Vicky!!!!

I wish you guys the best on your new life here in the US!!

Well my wife has her interview for the IR1 on Friday... hopefully it goes as smooth as yours Brad!!!

Thanx for the input also... it will help us be prepared for Friday!!!

Good Luck and Best Wishes!

rabbitNYC

CR-1 / IR-1

2006-02-14 I-130 Sent

2006-02-16 NOA1

2006-08-03 NOA2

2006-08-28 Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill

2006-09-06 Pay I-864 Bill

2006-09-20 Receive I-864 Package / Receive IV Bill

2006-10-10 Return I-864 Package

2006-10-10 Return Completed DS-3032 / Pay IV Bill

2006-11-01 Receive Instruction Package

2006-12-14 Case Completed at NVC

2006-12-19 Package Left From NVC

2006-12-24 Received By Embassy (Bogota, Colombia)

2007-02-02 Interview

2007-02-02 IR1 Visa Denied (Must call for 2nd Interview)

2007-03-28 2nd Interview

2007-03-28 Visa Approved!!! (IR1)

2007-03-28 Visa In Hand! (Same day Pick-up)

2007-03-29 Travel to Cali, Colombia

2007-04-18 Travel back to NYC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.