Eliezer y Wendy

Her case and DS-160 question about previous visa history/refusal.

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Guatemala
Timeline

As I explained in before on other posts, my fiance was brought here by her parents when she was under age. They applied for political asylum, and were given social security numbers and work permit while the asylum process. Unfortunately, the asylum was denied and they were told to leave. They kept appealing for years, but at the end they picked up her dad from work. They contacted her to go report in person at a Deportation Enforcement Office, and we showed up. From there she was put under supervision while prepare to leave and gave us some time since we had a new born. She had to report in person every 30 days, until finally bought her own ticket and left.

1. Does any of this means she was refused a U.S. Visa, or been refused admission to the United States, or withdrawn your application for admission at the port of entry?

2. Since we purchased her departing ticket, does she still count as deported? She left a about 2-3 month after her last work permit expired.

3. Would she use the same social security number she had when she was under work authorization? We are trying to figure out if we are going to be able to have our wedding on February 14. I know it's too close, but we aren't planing on a big wedding since budget is limited.

Thanks in advance

Our story on the Herald Tribune Newspapper: http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20101002/ARTICLE/10021035

2/27/2007 - Wendy and I met in Sarasota, FL
6/30/2007 - We moved in
6/11/2010 - Our son Christopher was born
7/??/2010 - Wendy was cited to report in person at Tampa's Immigration Enforcement Office
1/20/2011 - Wendy left to Guatemala. our son stayed with me.

3/25/2013 - I became a U.S. Citizen
5/07/2013 - I-129F sent.
5/10/2013 - NOA1 received
8/22/2013 to 8/29/2013 - Visit for one week. Christopher stayed with mom.
10/24/2013 - RFE
11/25/2013 - NOA2 Approved!

01/31/2014 - INTERVIEW: Officer said everything was good, but gave us a 221g to submit a co-sponsor with form I-864

2/12/2014 - Was told to file Waivers

5/21/2014 - Waivers I-601 and I-212 filed

12/19/2014 - Waivers Approved

01/26/2015 - K1 VISA ON HAND!!!!!!

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

As I explained in before on other posts, my fiance was brought here by her parents when she was under age. They applied for political asylum, and were given social security numbers and work permit while the asylum process. Unfortunately, the asylum was denied and they were told to leave. They kept appealing for years, but at the end they picked up her dad from work. They contacted her to go report in person at a Deportation Enforcement Office, and we showed up. From there she was put under supervision while prepare to leave and gave us some time since we had a new born. She had to report in person every 30 days, until finally bought her own ticket and left.

1. Does any of this means she was refused a U.S. Visa, or been refused admission to the United States, or withdrawn your application for admission at the port of entry?

Short answer is No. None of those apply to her case, but a letter describing exactly like you did here should be brought with.

2. Since we purchased her departing ticket, does she still count as deported? She left a about 2-3 month after her last work permit expired.

Yes she was deported and left voluntarily.

3. Would she use the same social security number she had when she was under work authorization? We are trying to figure out if we are going to be able to have our wedding on February 14. I know it's too close, but we aren't planing on a big wedding since budget is limited.

Yes

Thanks in advance

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Timeline

Thank you baron555,

I just forgot to ask another simple question about travel. She "traveled" from U.S. to Guatemala 3 years ago on her voluntarly departure, does she needs to answer YES on the question Have you traveled to any countries within the last five years? We already answered no, but want to make sure.

Thanks again.

Our story on the Herald Tribune Newspapper: http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20101002/ARTICLE/10021035

6/30/2007 - We moved in
7/??/2010 - Wendy was cited to report in person at Tampa's Immigration Enforcement Office

5/07/2013 - I-129F sent.
10/24/2013 - RFE

01/31/2014 - INTERVIEW: Officer said everything was good, but gave us a 221g to submit a co-sponsor with form I-864

event.png

Timeline

Hello, I am also Filing a K1 visa for my fiancée in Guatemala. I read your story on your link. Sorry you are going through this.

I would agree with the other person on here, make sure you write Voluntary Departure, this is better and everything I read on it says you can come back to the USA.

Also if you have some sort of proof that she/or you paid the plane ticket. I am saying this cause I seen a form if The USA has to pay for departure (it just don't sound good). I would keep your receipt or statement handy.

Also cant you file for something other than a K1 visa seeing that you two have a child together? I am not sure maybe not.

Keep us posted

Timeline

Thanks for the words Nawlinshoney. It's been a hard separation, but we haven't give up. Good that you mention about having proof of paying for that departing ticket. I definitely want to take it to the interview. We have submitted the DS-160, and will be taking a written statement with the boarding pass and invoice that we paid for the tickets.

As of right now, my only option to petition for her was the fiance I-129. We do have a child together, but we aren't legally married yet. We do refer to each other as husband and wife. I have all arrangements made already to be with her at the interview. I have a lot of trust in God he will do what's best for our family and will let me come back with her and our son to the states all together shortly after the interview day. I trust I won't need to file for something other than this current petition. God has already proven his power on our case.

Put your case in God's hands. I see you have your interview on next month. My fiance's interview is in two weeks!

Thanks again...

6/30/2007 - We moved in

5/07/2013 - I-129F sent.
10/24/2013 - RFE

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.