Adelaid3

another I-130 question

4 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

the 14th question on the I-130 , states "If your relative is in the US, state the following.."

I am currently in america helping him compile the paperwork. I will be returning to canada to ship off the paperwork (since I have to make the cheque). Does this mean I should fill out question 14, even though I wont be in America upon sending the files? since technically he can't sign the papers if I'm in Canada if I want it to be 100% accurate and precise. I was just planning on getting him to sign it. He feels that since he is signing on the fact that I am not currently in the US when I am in order to get the signatures even though I'm leaving when it is sent it counts as some sort of fraud. Whew, that sentence threw me for a loop.

any advice?

Should I just complete question 14? How do I fill it in, since I do not have an i-94?

thanks in advance

Edited by Adelaid3

I agree that the question is pretty ambiguous. If you aren't going to be in the US when the papers are sent in, I'd go with leaving the line blank. I think the question is intended for people who are attempting to stay in the US throughout the process. If your husband is still wary, just date the documents for the date that they will be sent in, at which point you won't be in the US anymore.

I'm sorry? Yes you're in the USA as a Canadian visitor. Yes the g-325a must have your original signature. I just mailed my husband the form. I'm also unsure which of you is the USC and the Canadian... The petition should be from the USC and needs to be paid from a US bank account or at the least in US funds. If you're the Canadian I'm really unsure why you're sending it from Canada which is easily twice as expensive?

Edited by NLR

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

But if you will not be in the USA when you send it, then you are not in the USA on the I-130. Your spouse is very concerned about fraud, but in all the wrong spots. Lol.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.