TAB2TAB

Post-medical at Knightsbridge... now what?

44 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello fellow VJers,

I'm wondering if you might shed a little light on the visa journey process after completing the medical at Knightsbridge. Our medical got somewhat sidetracked as we had additional reports we needed to provide to the Knightsbridge doctor prior to passing the medical. Long story short, we're through the medical as of Jan 9, 2014, but are unsure what to expect next. (To be clear, we completed the online DS-160, and DS-2001 as of Dec 3, 2013.) Now that the medical is completed should we be receiving a letter scheduling our interview, and how long should it take? Do we then pay for the interview and courier fee? Also, our visa status check at https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx? still shows "no status"... is this normal for where we are in the process? Should we be contacting someone to check our status? Sit back and wait? Please let us know!

Thanks all!

Rob and Adrian

Edited by TAB2TAB

Timeline

Ok so this is how mine went I had my medical on December 23 in London, I was told that the embassy would receive my medical by the 3rd of jan due to holidays and such. So on the 3rd of jan I checked my status via CEAC and it was updated that day I then called the DOS to find out if they had booked my interview which they had and is for the 29th of jan which is pretty quick so I would suggest calling them well getting the American citizen to call them (202) 485-7600

They'll ask for your case number and both your names. They'll tell you when your interview is and maybe you should call then to sort your case put and find out what's going on when you call press 1 then 0 to speak to a human

Only when you have you have your interview date can you pay the fees

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/474161-london-k1-a-complete-guide/

Check this out it's all for London it's a great help

Edited by Jessicacallum

Timeline

Please keep us informed on both of your progress..Gabe and I are just weeks behind you. He has his medical on Tuesday.

Thanks

Bruce

Hello fellow VJers,

I'm wondering if you might shed a little light on the visa journey process after completing the medical at Knightsbridge. Our medical got somewhat sidetracked as we had additional reports we needed to provide to the Knightsbridge doctor prior to passing the medical. Long story short, we're through the medical as of Jan 9, 2014, but are unsure what to expect next. (To be clear, we completed the online DS-160, and DS-2001 as of Dec 3, 2013.) Now that the medical is completed should we be receiving a letter scheduling our interview, and how long should it take? Do we then pay for the interview and courier fee? Also, our visa status check at https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx? still shows "no status"... is this normal for where we are in the process? Should we be contacting someone to check our status? Sit back and wait? Please let us know!

Thanks all!

Rob and Adrian

This is a VERY detailed London K1 Guide...six pages(posts) worth. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/474161-london-k1-a-complete-guide/

Jump in where you are in the process and if you don't figure out everything that will happen or tips of what you can do, then post your still unanswered question in the UK forum. Most of what you are asking is detailed.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Moved to United Kingdom, from K-1 Fiance(e) Visa Process & Procedures ~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline

Thanks for the replies and the link for the London K1 guide, and thank you Jessica for sharing your experience. We're checking out the guide and if we still can't figure it out, we'll let you know!

Timeline

Thanks for the replies and the link for the London K1 guide, and thank you Jessica for sharing your experience. We're checking out the guide and if we still can't figure it out, we'll let you know!

Make sure you do good luck at get your other half to call DOS to sort you out

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Okay, finally an update: We called the DOS (202-485-7600) on Friday, we wanted to wait a business week after Knightsbridge had couriered the medical to the Embassy before calling to allow them time to process it and schedule the interview. Still said "No Status" on the CEAC website. DOS told me that the Embassy DID in fact have the medical, but had not yet scheduled the interview. No, they couldn't give me any further info on when the interview would be scheduled, but I could call them. Waited the weekend and MLK day, then called the London Embassy today (703-439-2367) to find out when they would be scheduling my interview, when the status would be updated, etc. Come to find out, they told me we could schedule the interview, right then, over the phone... they even had openings this afternoon! If I had known we could just call to schedule our interview we would have done it earlier!

We ended up scheduling the interview for this coming Monday, gave us time to schedule a flight from Edinburgh down to London... very excited!

If this is not common knowledge, do you think we should create a new post to let people know they can schedule their interviews?

Thanks all,

Rob and Adrian

Timeline

Okay, finally an update: We called the DOS (202-485-7600) on Friday, we wanted to wait a business week after Knightsbridge had couriered the medical to the Embassy before calling to allow them time to process it and schedule the interview. Still said "No Status" on the CEAC website. DOS told me that the Embassy DID in fact have the medical, but had not yet scheduled the interview. No, they couldn't give me any further info on when the interview would be scheduled, but I could call them. Waited the weekend and MLK day, then called the London Embassy today (703-439-2367) to find out when they would be scheduling my interview, when the status would be updated, etc. Come to find out, they told me we could schedule the interview, right then, over the phone... they even had openings this afternoon! If I had known we could just call to schedule our interview we would have done it earlier!

We ended up scheduling the interview for this coming Monday, gave us time to schedule a flight from Edinburgh down to London... very excited!

If this is not common knowledge, do you think we should create a new post to let people know they can schedule their interviews?

Thanks all,

Rob and Adrian

This sounds so weird compared to how everyone else has had to get an interview. Usually fill out the readiness form with the correct ds form barcode number as such, have medical, embassy review the medical and then they book you an appointment, unless it's a non immigrant visa

Timeline

I haven't heard of people being able to book their own interview for K1. Interesting. Will be interesting to see if any more people try this.

K1 AOS:

May 22nd: Sent away AOS package Day 1

May 27th: Notification via text/email confirming receiving package. Day 5

May 29th: NOA's recieved on 29th May Day 7

June 2nd: Biometrics appointment for June 16th arrives. Day 11

June 16th: Successful Biometrics. Day 24

Timeline

I haven't heard of people being able to book their own interview for K1. Interesting. Will be interesting to see if any more people try this.

Yeah I had to call and find mine out as I haven't received packet 4 so the embassy emailed me conformation instead

Timeline

Yeah I had to call and find mine out as I haven't received packet 4 so the embassy emailed me conformation instead

Yeah, but the OP seems to have actually chosen her date and time. I thought this was impossible.

K1 AOS:

Timeline

Yeah, but the OP seems to have actually chosen her date and time. I thought this was impossible.

I thought it was impossible or I wouldn't be waiting till the 29th at all

Timeline

Thanks all,

Rob and Adrian

That is awesome that you were able to do that. Out of curiosity was the 703 number an expensive call?

I take it you had your readiness form sent off before you even had the medical?

Good luck for Monday, hopefully you have stumbled across a great secret/tip.

K1 AOS:

Thanks all,

Rob and Adrian

As this seems so out of kilter with other people's experience, are you absolutely certain that you have been scheduled a K1 visa appointment and not a visitor's visa? Did they e-mail you confirmation?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.