Jump to content

1 post in this topic

Recommended Posts


My joint sponsor is retired. We are planning on the combine assets option because he owns a house. However, his house is under him and his wife's name.

So does his wife need to sign the I-864a?

In other words, if my joint sponsor is not the sole owner of his house, can he use it as an asset on I-864?

Thank you very much!

--- AOS Timeline (Adjusting from F1)---

01/21/2014 - AOS Package Sent

01/22/2014 - AOS Package Arrived Chicago Lockbox

01/28/2014 - Received NOA Texts & Emails (Case routed to NBC)

01/29/2014 - Checks Cashed

02/03/2014 - Hardcopies NOA in mailbox

02/06/2014 - Biometrics letter in mailbox

02/10/2014 - Biometrics Walk-In Successful

02/18/2014 - Case Status Updated to "Testing & Interview"

03/03/2014 - Interview NOA (Date: 04/02)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...