Danno

Do you know a battered Homosexual who need support?

34 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Why can't we all just link arms and agree- Violence is not an answer?

I disagree with alternative marriages but we can agree that domestic violence should never be acceptable.

Will you take my hand?

If I thought you wanted an honest discussion then sure. But given that most of the threads you post on the subject of homosexuality are deliberately inflammatory, I don't believe you. I believe it's an act.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

If I thought you wanted an honest discussion then sure. But given that most of the threads you post on the subject of homosexuality are deliberately inflammatory, I don't believe you. I believe it's an act.

The reason you don't like what I post is because you have firm beliefs, my opinion and the facts I bring I bring disagree with your desired viewpoint.

I try to treat everyone with respect, even if I disagree with their opinions.

On this topic I would hope we could find agreement.

Some people got mad because I mentioned that some research shows Gay relationships to be more violent.

To me that has nothing to do with it when there is a battered Lesbian women needing help or the sobbing gay man who feels all alone... they need help and I tried to be that conduit for them.

Sure I could post domestic violence stats to backup my earlier mention but I won't do that here, in fact, I regret that slipped in there as it seems to have caused confusion.

Did you post this to your face book as I suggested?

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Timeline

We should first agree that bigotry isn't acceptable. But you can't agree with that and continue along that path.

I don't stand with bigots.

Do you realize how often you use and misuse that word Bigot?

Your intolerant belief that I don't have a right to my opinion is the essence of Bigotry..... you do get that "THAT" is what the word means don't you?

bigotry |ˈbigətrē|nounbigoted attitudes; intolerance toward those who hold different opinions from oneself.

William Penn

Timeline

So how many domestic violence forums, gay or otherwise, do you post on? Do you volunteer for the samaritans or salvation army?

The Bible says -let not your left hand know what the right is doing.

It is not my style to mention the small efforts of charity I am involved in.

William Penn

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Do you realize how often you use and misuse that word Bigot?

Your intolerant belief that I don't have a right to my opinion is the essence of Bigotry..... you do get that "THAT" is what the word means don't you?

bigotry |ˈbigətrē|nounbigoted attitudes; intolerance toward those who hold different opinions from oneself.

You misunderstand. The issue isn't that you can't have an opinion, that's not in any doubt. What is in doubt is your understanding that if you express an opinion in public, that others have a right to challenge it.

If would be better if you did actually.

After such interest in the high rates of sexual abuse of men by other men in the military I thought I should share this website.

and start another conversation about what we can do to help those who are battered?

The high rates of domestic violence everywhere is concerning and something we should all take note of but Gays like everyone else also suffer at the hands of their Partners, some research shows in even higher numbers

so that I why I wanted to get this avenue of support out there.

Now it is true, I am not a big fan of the militant Gay Movement but I think we can all agree, "No one deserves to be beaten" so please pass this link on to your gay friends and perhaps post it to Facebook as I have. And share your thoughts on what else we can do to protect the LGBTQ folks.

http://gmdvp.org

How

Danno- You really know how to whip the Proletariat into a lather don't you LOL

Troll thread.

what????? No way..

it also calls for killing disobedient kids and killing those that work on Sunday

Timeline

Cant wait to see your dedication to the abused LGBTQ folks.

My dedication is to people not to groups , I don't ask the broken who they are dating.

it also calls for killing disobedient kids and killing those that work on Sunday

Yeah but I'm not Jewish.

Christians are under the New Covenant.

William Penn

Timeline

Rather than talk about me, I was hoping the topic would be about what we can do to help the hurting in one of our communities.

Why is no one interested in stopping abusive partners in the gay community?

William Penn

Because this thread was posted cynically for dishonest reasons.

You know Danno's heart. I know Christian people who routinely work in Aids clinic's, Drug clinics etc.

I know some Christians who preach against un wed sex who volunteer in un wed mothers homes.

Who are you to judge his outpouring of love?

Timeline

You misunderstand. The issue isn't that you can't have an opinion, that's not in any doubt. What is in doubt is your understanding that if you express an opinion in public, that others have a right to challenge it.

Name calling is not a "challenge" and it breaks down the atmosphere of civil discussion.

If you want to name cal...l send me a PM, express yourself freely, then come to the board and make a cogent argument.

William Penn