FastTrack

I 765 renewal fee if waiting for green card and payed for all forms at once

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

I have been searching and searching but cant find answer to this ?

"Does my wife need to pay the $380 fee to renew EAD card if she payed the full $1070 for all forms when submitting her I 485, I 131, and I 765???"

looking online I see that the I 765 instructions seem to say "NO" , but it is an old instruction form from 2011.... the 2013 instructions wont come up on my computer for some reason, and other random links I found some say "YES" we have to pay...

any insight would help a lot.

Thanks

K1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2012-05-15

I-129F NOA1 : 2012-05-17

I-129F NOA2 : 2012-08-08

NVC Received : 2012-08-10

NVC Left : 2012-08-15

Consulate Received : 2012-08-20

Packet 3 Received : ONLINE

Packet 3 Sent : 2012-09-18

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : 2012-10-25 Submit Review

Interview Result :

Visa Received :

Have your wife received her Green Card yet?

If not, are you trying to renew EAD while waiting for Green Card?

There is no fee for renewing your EAD. Just be sure to include a copy of your I-485 receipt notice (NOA1).

The required documents are in the I-765 form instructions.

You need 2 passport photos and a front and back copy of your EAD.

You will file as category C(9), "adjustment applicant"

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

Timeline

we have not received the green card yet.... our interview was on may 17, 2013. we received an RFE that was sent in and received by them by july. The request was for her to send in sponsor forms for herself since she makes 60-70k per year....long story, but my income was well above poverty line but I had losses on my tax returns..... blah blah blah.... so she sent them in and we never heard back from them.... even now the only response we have from them is after a request we made over the phone to case officer.... they finally emailed us back 3 months after the request was sent..... by the way, the request was supposed to be responded to in approx. 14-15 days......

anyhow, the last lady told us not to send in renewal for EAD until we heard back from them so we wouldn't have to pay the $380..... and now I am finding out that we do not have to pay at all.... Had we known this we would have sent in renewal form months ago since all we were trying to do was save the $380 in the first place while assuming her green card would come before march 19th when her EAD expires....

K1 Visa

Event Date

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Result :

Visa Received :

You should still go ahead to file for the EAD renewal while waiting for the Green Card approval.

There is no harm doing that.

This link might help you in EAD renewal questions:

http://blog.mygcvisa.com/2013/01/faq-renewal-for-eadap.html

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

Timeline

we will renew... thanks for your help and the link Merrytooth

K1 Visa

Event Date

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Result :

Visa Received :

we have not received the green card yet.... our interview was on may 17, 2013. we received an RFE that was sent in and received by them by july. The request was for her to send in sponsor forms for herself since she makes 60-70k per year....long story, but my income was well above poverty line but I had losses on my tax returns..... blah blah blah.... so she sent them in and we never heard back from them.... even now the only response we have from them is after a request we made over the phone to case officer.... they finally emailed us back 3 months after the request was sent..... by the way, the request was supposed to be responded to in approx. 14-15 days......

anyhow, the last lady told us not to send in renewal for EAD until we heard back from them so we wouldn't have to pay the $380..... and now I am finding out that we do not have to pay at all.... Had we known this we would have sent in renewal form months ago since all we were trying to do was save the $380 in the first place while assuming her green card would come before march 19th when her EAD expires....

You need to make an INFOpass appointment. Contact one of your congresscritters. Use the Ombudsman to get some action on your case. Seven months after an interview for your AOS is ridiculous. Your wife has not become a LPR yet, but she has been in the US my guess is for close to a year. Start making noise to get her her GC. At the INFOpass appointment, take the EAD application in and present it to them along with all the other forms and correspondence you have had with the USCIS. Do not accept the "oh, wait 30-60 days" response anymore as it has been 7 frickin' months.

Good luck,

Dave

Timeline

Thanks DAVE&ROZA... I think we will try and do that.... do you think we should send it in the mail as well?

...And lastly, we just moved a week ago to New York.... Long Island... we were in CA at CA service center.... do you think we can make an INFOPASS appointment in another state if our case has not been transferred yet?

K1 Visa

Event Date

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Result :

Visa Received :

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.