Misha'sgirl

YES, you can email your documents.

2 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I was under the impression that you don't email documents to the embassy but...

If you are unable to mail your documents to the beneficiary, you CAN email them to the embassy. However, this is only true for documents that do not have to be original. For example, recently my co-sponsor wanted to send all his documents directly to the embassy and chose to do so by email. The documents included the tax transcripts, bank statements, & employer letter. The only thing he has to send directly to my fiance is the original I-134. I know this for a fact because it says it here: http://moscow.usembassy.gov/ivdocswhere.html and I've been corresponding with the consulate at the embassy in Moscow to make crystal clear.

So if you want to save a little time and money, send your tax transcripts, bank statements and employer letter by email (or fax) and they will add it to your fiance's file for their interview day. How cool is that?! Well, maybe you already knew...but for those who didn't know, well now you do!

Oh, and although I do not recommend it, you can also scan and email the I-134, but since it should be brought as an original document, they might ask for the original and that means they send you home with a 221g form checked off with what they need. You then have to get that documents and send it to them before they can send you your passport with visa. At least, that is how I understand it goes. I'd say, just use that as an emergency route. Try to bring everything that needs to be orginal. But if you can't, then scan and hope they accept it. But if they don't, then you will just have to send it later. You just lose time I guess.

75d3fe5d-a5ae-444e-9bfd-153e5d79ff5a_zps

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

I believe it better to email to the beneficiary, have them print out all and bring with to the interview.

I would suggest though that if you email to the Embassy, a proper transmittal cover sheet which would include the case number be added plus possibly adding that case number to each document....or else how would they know where to match this up to.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.