Jannette

Advanced parole - expiditing and AOS Biometrics

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Any help URGENT please....

I have applied for AOS and filed all 3 document sets EAP AOS & AP. My aged mother is in bad shape and looks like passing very soon so I have asked for the USCIS to expidite the AP. Can anyone tell me if I will be granted this at the interview (scheduled for Dec 31).

Also have received appointment for Biometrics for Jan 6th. Does anyone know if I ando these both t the same time and if so what happens after the Biometrics is completed??

Thanks ( Merry Christmas everyone!!)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

if I were you, I would try to check if you can do a walk in for your biometrics ..... maybe tomorrow or the 26th... so by the time you go to the interview ( I can imagine it is the INFOPASS) your fringerprints are completed... does it make sense? that´s probably what I can recommend.... let me know...

I-129F Mailed: 8/23/13

Received at lockbox in Texas: 8/26/13

Text/Email Received: 8/29/13

Case at: TSC

NOA1 Received: 9/3/2013

Alien number changed: 9/18/2013

No RFE!

Petition Approved: 11/25/2013

Petition sent to the NVC: 12/12/13

Obtained case number: 12/19/2013

Petition sent to the consulate: 12/23/2013

Interview: 01/10/2014

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

No reason to rush the biometrics for AP. AP does not require biometrics. The biometrics are for the I-485 and I-765.

OP, when you say interview on Dec 31st, you mean and Infopass appointment? Just take proof that your mother is sick and may pass soon. If you can get a copy of her medical records or letter from doctor stating this, it could be very helpful for getting the AP expedited. If you cannot get those, take any documentation you can to prove why you need the AP expedited.

You can bring along your biometrics letter and ask while you are there if you can go ahead and do your biometrics, since your bio appointment is only a few days after that.

~ Moved from K-1 Process to AOS from Family Based Visas - topic is AOS, not K-1 ~

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

No reason to rush the biometrics for AP. AP does not require biometrics. The biometrics are for the I-485 and I-765.

OP, when you say interview on Dec 31st, you mean and Infopass appointment? Just take proof that your mother is sick and may pass soon. If you can get a copy of her medical records or letter from doctor stating this, it could be very helpful for getting the AP expedited. If you cannot get those, take any documentation you can to prove why you need the AP expedited.

You can bring along your biometrics letter and ask while you are there if you can go ahead and do your biometrics, since your bio appointment is only a few days after that.

~ Moved from K-1 Process to AOS from Family Based Visas - topic is AOS, not K-1 ~

Learned something new... I thought it would be necessary since it would be a combo .... thanks!

No RFE!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

If they expedite the AP, it would not be the EAD/AP combo card. They would give a paper AP document.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

If they expedite the AP, it would not be the EAD/AP combo card. They would give a paper AP document.

got it.. wow! I did not know they still issue those... I shredded my old one recently.... when all of them were issued on paper with the pictures facing to the side... haha....

No RFE!

I have heard of some people just walking in for biometrics so even if you do not need it for AP might be worth a shot anyway.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Thanks everyone, will try the "walk-in" for the biometrics; Yes the appointment is for info pass, just didn't know if they issue the paper on the spot or there is a wait time and its mailed out. Don't want to put anything back and slow things up now that its all starting to move again...

VJ is absolutely brilliant for info and support, love this forum... will update you all when I get done!! thanks so much!!

Have a blessed and wonderful Christmas and New Year!!!

Jannette

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.