pmarshall

New K-1 applicant questions

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi all,

Just a post to say hi firstly as i am new to this site and VIsa's.

Ok so I'm asking the big question to my partner in Texas next week and she has already said yes but i want to make it official with a ring etc. Im from london in UK by the way.

So we already have a K-1 form filled out ready to submit too RapidVisa's.

Our biggest worry is the income situation, at the moment my fiancee in Texas works at a bar and gets her hourly rate paid on cheque but she earns most of her income from gratuity/tips and this amounts to approx $350 a week. She will be looking for a second job in the new year so this will help.

My situation is that by the time my embassy interview comes around i will have $12000 to $15000 in a saving account. No assets but have a car.

So i was wondering about the sponsor/co sponsor/self sponsor options we have ??? I will be asking a friend in Texas if he can co sponsor if we need it but i havent asked just yet.

My fiancee's situation is that she lives with her mum, dad and 2 brothers so can i ask how the minimum poverty income works on her living situation ?

Thanks for any feedback you may give including experiences with the embassy in London.

I look forward to hearing form you all.

Regards

Paul Marshall

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Our biggest worry is the income situation, at the moment my fiancee in Texas works at a bar and gets her hourly rate paid on cheque but she earns most of her income from gratuity/tips and this amounts to approx $350 a week. She will be looking for a second job in the new year so this will help.

That's good.

My situation is that by the time my embassy interview comes around i will have $12000 to $15000 in a saving account.

Useless to her unless you transfer that money to her bank account. You can't sponsor yourself, she has to be able to sponsor you.

No assets but have a car.

The car is useless also unless you sell it and convert it to cash.

So i was wondering about the sponsor/co sponsor/self sponsor options we have ??? I will be asking a friend in Texas if he can co sponsor if we need it but i havent asked just yet.

I'd start asking. This should be all worked out before she petitions for you, because if she can not sponsor you or doesn't have a suitable cosponsor, you'r not going to be given a visa.

My fiancee's situation is that she lives with her mum, dad and 2 brothers so can i ask how the minimum poverty income works on her living situation ?

If she is legally responsible for the other family menbers, then they are added to the household size. If she just lives there and doesn't have any legal obligation to them, then she's single on her own.

Thanks for any feedback you may give including experiences with the embassy in London.

I look forward to hearing form you all.

Regards

Paul Marshall

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I believe I can self sponsor at the London embassy ;-)

My US friend may co sponsor as I'll ask this weekend.

The household members, she just lives there with her mum dad and brothers so I guess no legal bond.

Thanks

I believe I can self sponsor at the London embassy ;-)

My US friend may co sponsor as I'll ask this weekend.

The household members, she just lives there with her mum dad and brothers so I guess no legal bond.

Thanks

You don't need RapidVisa. Do it all on your own if you have no serious issues.

Her household is 2 -- you and her for the poverty guidelines chart.

London has approved on I-134 with 100% instead of 125%. All down to what the officer thinks.

You can self sponsor. Bring your financial statements and value of the car you will be selling. Show that plus her income proof and it could be approved. Have your friends I-134 plus proof of income to pull out if they aren't happy with fiance's plus your cash.

Her income: She needs to report all her tips on her upcoming income tax so there is a record. Otherwise she can't count anything but her base salary because there would be nothing to prove tip income other than a tax return.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.