ryandsun

1-797 NOA2 Approval Received, Confused About Next Step!

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

First off, I'm super excited because a week ago I received the NOA2 approval for the I-129F fiance K-1 visa petition for my fiance in China. From what I've read, it seems like our case gets sent to the NVC and then they mail it off to the Guangzhou consulate. I have some questions, though. I just called the NVC, and if I understood what they were telling me correctly, then it's true that NVC does not notify me when they receive our case materials OR when they mail them off to the consulate. Is that true? So what kind of a wait-period should I expect before the consulate gets our materials? AND how does the consulate get in touch with my fiance? I just went back and checked all the forms that I submitted for the I-129F, and there was no place to put his cell number or e-mail--I could only fill out his address. So is the first thing he receives going to be mailed to him directly? Also, when should we fill out the DS-160 and DS-157?

And most importantly, how long does all this take?!?!?! AHHHHH!!!! HELP!!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

The NVC will notify you by mail that they have received the application packet and that they have forwarded to the consulate.

The consulate will notify your fiance by mail, although if you filled out the form for electronic notification you should have been receiving emails this entire time and will also receive your P4 via email too.

I would give 2 weeks for the consulate to receive and process the packet and then another 2 weeks for notification.

You can check out my timeline if you like.

My fiancee has her interview Thursday!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Congrats on your upcoming interview and I hope all goes well!!!! Thanks for the info. I have been getting e-mail updates because I signed up for the electronic notification thing. So NVC and the GZ consulate will also send updates to my e-mail?

Once again, good luck on your fiancee's interview!!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Thanks!

Yep... your fiance will receive a packet with instructions. You will need to complete the DS 160 and print the confirmation page, then your fiance will need to return that copy of the confirmation page, copy of passport, and photos? to the consulate.... once that is complete, you'll receive the P4 email with instructions on payment and scheduling the interview.

it should be pretty quick from here out. Maybe 6 weeks until you can schedule the interview?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.