Camilla123

Hello from a new vj member

10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I got married to a usc the beginning of June 2013. He started filing my petition sometime in early Sept. Two weeks after he filed the i-130 petition, he received a letter from uscis that they have received the petition. We haven't heard anything from them since...... I would like to know what the next step or stage willl be. My husband and I met online. After corresponding for more than a year online....... He flew to Jamaica to meet me in person in 2011. He has travelled here 6 times now to see me. 4 times before our wedding, and he is here with me now for 2 weeks. I am so anxious and worried about this entire process. I hate being apart from my husband. My heart just breaks each time he has to leave me to go home......

Timeline

Just prepare your mind for another year or so, I am rocking on the same boat as you. I miss my hubby alot:[

Service Center - Texas

I -130 sent - October 26, 2013

NOA 1 - November 07, 2013

RFE - May 06, 2014

RFE Hard Copy Received - May 12, 2014 (2 passport size photo for the petitioner)

RFE Sent - May 15, 2014

NOA 2 - May 29, 2014

National Visa Center

NVC Received - 18/06/2014

Fill out DS - 261 Form & submit - 08/07/2014

Pay AOS Fee - 25/07/2014

Send AOS Package - 02/08/2014

NVC Receive AOS Package - 04/08/2014

Receive IV Bill - 28/08/2014

Send IV Package - 28/08/2014

Pay IV Bill - 30/08/2014

Case Complete - October 21, 2014

Interview Date - December 05, 2014 rescheduled from December 29, 2014

Interview Result - Approved

Timeline

@ Camilla123 your case is at the Texas Service Center?

Service Center - Texas

RFE - May 06, 2014

RFE Hard Copy Received - May 12, 2014 (2 passport size photo for the petitioner)

RFE Sent - May 15, 2014

NOA 2 - May 29, 2014

National Visa Center

Pay AOS Fee - 25/07/2014

Pay IV Bill - 30/08/2014

Timeline

My husband is in Moline Illinois.. So, I am not sure what service centre is processing the documents.I do hope I don't have to wait so long.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from Introducing our Members to IR1/CR1 Progress Forum~

~Inquiry about spousal visa progress~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

• 1 month later...

I got married to a usc the beginning of June 2013. He started filing my petition sometime in early Sept. Two weeks after he filed the i-130 petition, he received a letter from uscis that they have received the petition. We haven't heard anything from them since...... I would like to know what the next step or stage willl be. My husband and I met online. After corresponding for more than a year online....... He flew to Jamaica to meet me in person in 2011. He has travelled here 6 times now to see me. 4 times before our wedding, and he is here with me now for 2 weeks. I am so anxious and worried about this entire process. I hate being apart from my husband. My heart just breaks each time he has to leave me to go home......

Hi when my husband and i started our visa Journey April 2013 thats the same feeling i got, but when i heard it takes 6 months i thought i cud endure, and wait for Atleast 6 mnths. But after talking to other folks and reading up and having my husband call uscis our i-130 took 8 mths and now our case is at the National visa centre all documents needed there is already submitted and now this is the hard part....ClockWatch2.gif waiting to get a case close/ interview date for the us embassy in JA.

1. send in i-130 application ( requirements and pay fee)

2. receive uscis receipt number (this will help u to track on their wedsite ur status) its Also called NoA1.

3. receive Approval letter or mail (this is called NoA2.)

4. Documents that was sent in to uscis is then send to NVC (national visa centre)

5. call NVC after 2wks of approval frm uscis to get case #

and from there things narrows down.good.gif hope this helps u abit. I am at my final stage and its like i'm really anxious. This VJ program gives me a bit of ease so far.

Just prepare your mind for another year or so, I am rocking on the same boat as you. I miss my hubby alot:[

I dont think you will have to wait another year or so to be approved @ uscis,u will b approved in a few months this year. But the NVC processing might take u in the other year.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I understand the toll of the wait. Although I am an October filer I miss my husband like crazy. I just pray that USCIS goes a lot faster and doesn't create another backlog for us. Im very optimistic and I pray everyday our process goes smooth. Until then I am forced to wait for annual vacations to visit my husband...

Mr. & Mrs. Adigun

Timeline

Hubby coming to see me next weekend am so happy, yayyyy, but am sure gonna hate seeing him leave.

Service Center - Texas

RFE - May 06, 2014

RFE Sent - May 15, 2014

NOA 2 - May 29, 2014

National Visa Center

Pay AOS Fee - 25/07/2014

Pay IV Bill - 30/08/2014

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.