2018JourneyDone

Haiti Packet 4

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Just out of curiousity, does the STATUS UPDATED DATE change on the ceac website once the interview has been scheduled? It's been just over a week since we sent packet 3 back via Haiti Messanger but our status update date has not changed and still no packet 4 or interview date scheduled. Just curious is all (and a little anxious of course!)

Thanks! rolleyes.gif

Awaiting Oath Ceremony for Citizenship! Last step!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline

No, no change. The only change will happen once the interview is done--once the visa is issued. Have you tried calling Haiti Messager? They will not call you, you have to call...Call now, but honestly I think you may have another week of waiting before you hear anything...

To see a more detailed journey schedule, please see the About Me page and my Timeline.

Our K1 Process

June 7, 2012 -- Sent I-129F to June 9, 2013 -- Religious & Civil Wedding Ceremony in CT

FROM I-129f NOA1 to VISA APPROVAL: Exactly 8 months! No RFEs

Our AOS Process

July 16, 2013 -- Mailed AOS, EAD, and AP Paperwork to December 21, 2013 -- Received GC Card in the Mail!

FROM NOA1 to GREEN CARD in Hand: Exactly 4 months 27 days! No Interview or RFEs.

Our ROC Process

September 21, 2015 -- Mailed ROC Paperwork to August 6, 2016 -- Received Card in the Mail!

FROM NOA1 to GREEN CARD in Hand: Exactly 10 months 10 days! No Interview or RFEs.

Our {His} N-400 Process

Eligible to Apply for Citizenship on September 14, 2016.

October 4, 2016 -- Mailed N-400 Paperwork.

November 8, 2016 -- Completed Biometrics.

May 6, 2017 -- Received Interview Letter in the Mail.

June 8, 2017 -- Interview Passed!

June 16, 2017 -- Oath Ceremony! He is a USC!!

FROM Application to CITIZENSHIP: Exactly 8 months 13 days! No RFEs.

== I am the Petitioner/Sponsor/Citizen Spouse ==

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K-1 Process to Caribbean Regional Forum~

~At this stage of process, instructions/requirements are often embassy-specific~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline

No, no change. The only change will happen once the interview is done--once the visa is issued. Have you tried calling Haiti Messager? They will not call you, you have to call...Call now, but honestly I think you may have another week of waiting before you hear anything...

Good to know :-) we have been checking on the Haiti Messenger website they gave him when it was dropped off. He is thinking about calling or stopping in as they told him no later than the 12th but to expect it earlier.... We shall seeeeeeee... LOL

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline

Since it's one day after the 12th, let's hope you get great news today!! :)

To see a more detailed journey schedule, please see the About Me page and my Timeline.

Our K1 Process

June 7, 2012 -- Sent I-129F to June 9, 2013 -- Religious & Civil Wedding Ceremony in CT

FROM I-129f NOA1 to VISA APPROVAL: Exactly 8 months! No RFEs

Our AOS Process

July 16, 2013 -- Mailed AOS, EAD, and AP Paperwork to December 21, 2013 -- Received GC Card in the Mail!

FROM NOA1 to GREEN CARD in Hand: Exactly 4 months 27 days! No Interview or RFEs.

Our ROC Process

September 21, 2015 -- Mailed ROC Paperwork to August 6, 2016 -- Received Card in the Mail!

FROM NOA1 to GREEN CARD in Hand: Exactly 10 months 10 days! No Interview or RFEs.

Our {His} N-400 Process

Eligible to Apply for Citizenship on September 14, 2016.

October 4, 2016 -- Mailed N-400 Paperwork.

November 8, 2016 -- Completed Biometrics.

May 6, 2017 -- Received Interview Letter in the Mail.

June 8, 2017 -- Interview Passed!

June 16, 2017 -- Oath Ceremony! He is a USC!!

FROM Application to CITIZENSHIP: Exactly 8 months 13 days! No RFEs.

== I am the Petitioner/Sponsor/Citizen Spouse ==

Timeline

I have a question for you guys as my fiance is also from Haiti. We are awaiting packet #3. He completed the DS-160 online and we signed up for an interview online. We were supposed to do that or were we supposed to wait for an interview to be assigned to us from the embassy?

Timeline

I have a question for you guys as my fiance is also from Haiti. We are awaiting packet #3. He completed the DS-160 online and we signed up for an interview online. We were supposed to do that or were we supposed to wait for an interview to be assigned to us from the embassy?

Timeline

How/where did you sign up for an interview? I haven't heard of doing that and haven't seen that option anywhere for the k-1 visas. I do remember seeing that option for the non-immigrant or tourist visas, but how great would that be if it were an option for Haiti! Yay!! Would love to check it out if you recall where you were able to schedule.

Thanks!!! ;-)

Timeline

Growing more and more concerned with not receiving packet 4. It was due to arrive to Haiti Messenger by today and still, nothing. The DOS does not show any interview scheduled and I'm on hold with CIVA hoping someone picks up soon and has some information to share. It has been 12 days now. Viewed the timelines and the average length of time betweeh dropping packet 3 off and receiving your interview date is between 5-7 days. ;-( Worried, but trying to stay positive....

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

SO...neither my fiance or I have received packet #3 yet and it has been 6 weeks. I've e-mailed the consulate and haven't gotten a response. I called them today and requested that they e-mail it to me, however, they said they are unable to do that so they scheduled him an appointment to go and pick up on January 24th and apparently he can't pick it up before then. Any suggestions? Advice? Please help!!!

Timeline

SO...neither my fiance or I have received packet #3 yet and it has been 6 weeks. I've e-mailed the consulate and haven't gotten a response. I called them today and requested that they e-mail it to me, however, they said they are unable to do that so they scheduled him an appointment to go and pick up on January 24th and apparently he can't pick it up before then. Any suggestions? Advice? Please help!!!

Hey I noticed in your last post that you were able to get through to the Haitian embassy , can you let me know how u were able to do that. I'm in the same boat as you, according to the department of state my fiance packet three was mailed out to him in the 23rd of December 2013 and to this day he has not received it. Like you I tried to email them but got no response. I tried to call but can never get through to someone who can actually help. I would love to get a hold of someone so i can see if like you they can schedule a date for my fiance to come an pick up the packet.

• 2 months later...
Timeline

Does anyone have Haiti Messager phone numbers? The numbers I found when I googled Haiti Messager don't work.

02-01-2013: I-129F Sent

02-08-2013: I-129F NOA1 received at Vermont Service Center.

06-21-2013: Received email notice of petition being transferred to local office.

06-28-2013: Received paper copy of notice of transfer to Texas Service Center

09-10-2013: Received email notice of RFE.

09-14-2013: Received paper copy of RFE.

09-27-2013: Texas Service Center received evidence for RFE

10-2-2013: Received email notice of NOA2

11-05-2013: NVC received petition.

11-13-2013: Haiti Embassy received petition

11-19-2013: Packet 3 sent from embassy (never physically received because fiancé had changed addresses and Embassy didn't have the right one)

11-20-2013: Address officially changed, Electronic copy of Packet 3 received via Email.

1-22-2014: Email sent to Haiti Embassy requesting Visa Petition Extension (Petition expired 02-01-2014)

02-10-2014: Visa Petition Extension granted via email response from Haiti Embassy (we were delayed turning in Packet 3 due to issues renewing Fiancé's passport and getting new birth certificate from Haiti Archives!)

02-28-2014: Packet 3 submitted to Haiti Messenger

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.