6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

My AOS was approved just a few hours ago pending FBI namechecks, I asked why this was the case when both our last names are pretty unique. Officer Green told us that normally it takes between 3-6 months, and since we had filed on Nov 2nd, we had a little waiting to do yet. I asked him why many people go upto a year past their interview still in namecheck, and he just said it was out of their jurisdiction. Good answer.

I spent some of the time finishing his sentences, by the end he said I seemed to know alot about the process, I told him I could have done his job (lol). He replied, well if you naturalize, you can try.

I also asked about the stamp (even though I couldn't get it), and he said they don't do that anymore because Green Card processing is alot faster now.

He asked us who lives in our household, asked us both our address, have I been working, my name, what part of England I was from, have I ever applied for permanent residence before. Have I been smuggling illegal drugs. He took a look at our scrapbook.

He told us about removing of conditions.

What was quite disappointing was the fact He only wanted a copy of our newborn daughter's birth certificate, didn't look at our marriage certificate, or anything we had in joint names at our address, or even the new affidavit from our joint sponsor (with 3 years taxes instead of the previously submitted 1), when I had spent so much time putting it all together and making copies.

Oh well, at least the Approval sounded great.

Michael

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

well... congrats onthe approval.. sorry about the namecheck and I hope your not stuck for long.

I 130 & I129F (K3) and AOS info in timeline

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Congratulations!

By the way, I know the feeling concerning the amount of time you spend getting your paperwork together, making copies, etc. and they don't even look at it. But oh well ... the important thing is the approval.

:thumbs:

ALL things work TOGETHER for GOOD!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I don't mind preparing and things not being looked over, much worse to be asked those and hot have them. ;)

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

We had our interview in Phoenix yesterday...with the same outcome as yourselves...we also were not asked for any proof of living together...i thought that was strange

k37hm7.png

03-06-10 Mailed N-400

03-17-10 Check cashed

03-19-10 NOA received

03-22-10 Biometrics sent

04-09-10 Biometrics appointment

06-14-10 Interview Date

06-22-10 Received letter for Oath

07-02-10 Oath ceremony

Congrats.

The whole FBI name check process seems like a big mystery as to how it's done. I mean, some people have to wait months and month before it comes through whilie other folks get a GC without an interview. We had an interview recently and we got the "Welcome" letter last night. So it's possible we'll get her GC in a week or two. Soooo, how is it that some folks get checked out so fast while others get dragged on forever?? I realize it has a little to do with the petitioner's home country and maybe surname but if you look at that "FBI name check" post people are from all over the place. Just seems strange to me.

Our K1 Timeline:

01/2005 Met online

04/28/05 Visited fiancee for the 1st time

08/07/05 Visited fiancee for the 2nd time

08/09/05 Got engaged

08/27/05 Submitted K1 to CSC

08/30/05 CSC received I-129F packet

08/31/05 Received NOA1 in mail

09/02/05 Check cashed

09/03/05 Received NOA1 via snail mail

09/03/05 Enrolled for email notification

10/21/05 Approved!! NOA2.

10/24/05 Received email stating NOA2 mailed out.

10/28/05 Waiting to hear from NVC.

11/05/05 Waiting to hear from NVC.

11/?/05 NVC case number issued. MNL2005807XXX.

11/08/05 Petition send to MNL.

11/19/05 MNL received our petition from NVC.

01/26/06 MNL Embassy mails out interview packet

02/11/06 Visited fiancee for the 3rd time

02/21/06 Received Interview Packet from MNL Embassy

03/14/06 Medical

03/30/06 Interview

04/04/06 Visa is released to Delbros for delivery

04/05/06 Visa in hand

05/24/06 Entered the U.S. (@ LAX POE)

08/20/06 Married

Our AOS Timeline:

10/02/06 Submitted our AOS to Chicago

10/13/06 Received NOA1 for AOS and EAD

10/17/06 Received Bio. Appt. letter for AOS and EAD

10/25/06 Biometrics Appt. for AOS and EAD

11/02/06 Received Appt. Letter

12/11/06 AOS Appt. (Approved!)

12/22/06 Received G.C. (2 yrs)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.