stjarna

Food&Drinks (for infant) allowed at field office in Milwaukee?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

This is a bit of an urgent matter. I just thought I'd see if anyone knows this, since I couldn't find the answer myself.

I have a biometrics appointment tomorrow morning (Dec. 11) at 8 at the field office in Milwaukee.

I was going to go by myself, but not my daughter got sick and can't go to daycare, so I will take her along (together with my mother-in-law).

Can I bring a snack and water for my daughter or is there a strict no food/no drink policy at the field office in Milwaukee.

I will nurse her wherever, but since she is sick I thought a bit of extra snacks and water might be good for her while my mother-in-law watches her while I get my fingerprints taken.

If I don't get a definite reply then I'll stay on the safe side and not bring any food/drink.

Thanks!

Filed: Other Timeline

Food and drinks are not allowed as far as I know. Best thing to do is you leave your mother in law and daughter in a restaurant or coffee shop near by, go do your biometrics and meet them again after that. You will spend no more than 30 minutes in USCIS office so if you feed your baby just before going in, the baby will be just fine.

11/16/2013 - AOS Package sent via UPS ground shipping (I-130, I-485, I-131, I-765)
11/20/2013 (DAY01) Package delivered to Chicago and signed by CHYBA
11/26/2013 (DAY06) NOA Text messages and emails received

12/05/2013 (DAY16) Biometrics letter recieved for 12-19-2013

12/09/2013 (DAY20) Biometrics done in Buffalo (early walk in)

12/18/2013 (DAY29) I-485 status changed to testing and interview

01/06/2014 (DAY 48)- Interview notice for February 10

01/24/2014 ( DAY 66)- EAD AND AP approved

01/30/2014 ( Day 72)- EAD combo card arrived

02/10/2014 (Day 83) Interview date : APPROVED on the spot!! Passport stamped and card production ordered.

February 18 : GC received. Free until November 2016

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

This is a bit of an urgent matter. I just thought I'd see if anyone knows this, since I couldn't find the answer myself.

I have a biometrics appointment tomorrow morning (Dec. 11) at 8 at the field office in Milwaukee.

I was going to go by myself, but not my daughter got sick and can't go to daycare, so I will take her along (together with my mother-in-law).

Can I bring a snack and water for my daughter or is there a strict no food/no drink policy at the field office in Milwaukee.

I will nurse her wherever, but since she is sick I thought a bit of extra snacks and water might be good for her while my mother-in-law watches her while I get my fingerprints taken.

If I don't get a definite reply then I'll stay on the safe side and not bring any food/drink.

Thanks!

Your mother-in-law can stay in your car with your child and food (a bottle of milk, etc) while you go in just in time for appointment. My wife went in leaving our daughter with me and she was back in 20 minutes. Of course she had go in and out a couple of times, as they were asking her for the Green Card and stuff. Better take your passport too and a copy of your NOA1 too. If you have a state ID or Driver license that too.

In worst case, you can seek a new appointment.

Edited by Navyk

USA

01/08/13 - Approved and GC is order for production on 1/8/14

09/12/13 - Case transferred to CSC. NOA2 received on 09/18/13

08/30/13 - Biometrics Done - No walk ins allowed at this LSC (received on 8/16/13).

08/05/13 - NOA1 (received on 08/10/13)

08/01/13 - Mailed I-751 (received on 8/2/13 - check cashed on 8/5/13)

12/28/11 - Received SSN (applied on 12/20/11, as we didn't get based on DS-230 options)
11/28/11 - Received Green Card (Expires on 10/30/13) - Welcome Letter on 11/17/11
10/30/11 - POE - Houston, TX

Chennai Consulate (40 days)
10/28/11 - Received Visa papers and Passport at VFS
10/25/11 - Interview Cleared Successfully (Spouse was not allowed in)

NVC: (90 days from NOA2 to Consulate)
08/31/11 - Case Completed (Interview 10/25/11) - Received at Chennai on 09/19/11
07/22/11 - NVC Case Number

USCIS: (92 days)

6/21/11 - NOA2 (NOA1 on 3/25/11) - took a month to get to NVC
3/21/11 - I-130 sent to USCIS Lockbox, Chicago.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Everything went okay. My mother-in-law came inside with me and my daughter (since the temperature was only 10F, I did not want to leave them in the car :) and my mother-in-law didn't want to wait in a coffee shop in case my daughter would get upset without me ). I had to wait a little bit for my appointment (ended up as Nr. 9 in line for the 8am slot), but my daughter did great with her grandma and was just charming everyone walking around waving at people. I nursed her after my appointment before we went back to the car. Luckily she didn't need any food while we were waiting.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.