garya505

Do you and your fiance(e) have a large age difference?

435 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
The reason they probably scrutinize more closely couples with large age differences is probably because it's against nature. Humans aren't wired to want to sleep with grandpa or grandma.

Not to say there aren't many perfectly happy and legitimate relationships of people with large age differences. It's just not as common to see someone 22 love someone 65 without ulterior motives.

Especially when they come from countries such as the Phillipines, Africa & South America do you not think?

I would say it's not so much about the country itself, but more about the financial position of the beneficiary.

eeeyup. ;)

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am 32 years Claudeth's senior and this is by far the best relationship I have even been in. She is totally amazing and blows my mind just about every day. My family doesn't care about the age difference as long as I am happy and I am all of that. My oldest daughter, who is 6 years older than Claudeth, did tell me that she wasn't going to call her 'Mom'! :P

As far as the visa process goes, the age issue never came up and we, thus far, have blown through the process. She had the visa in 4 months and got the GC in 5 months.

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Timeline
The reason they probably scrutinize more closely couples with large age differences is probably because it's against nature. Humans aren't wired to want to sleep with grandpa or grandma.

Not to say there aren't many perfectly happy and legitimate relationships of people with large age differences. It's just not as common to see someone 22 love someone 65 without ulterior motives.

Especially when they come from countries such as the Phillipines, Africa & South America do you not think?

Down here girls are conditioned to marry older guy in order to "accomplish" something in life...

People will try to shoot me for saying that.

But I know how things work and, on this subject, I agree 100% with Alex...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Did you get any bad reactions from family or friends, or anyone else?

If so, what did you do, make a joke of it, insult them back, get mad, or what?

come on Charlesandnessa and Carolsmarc.......... don't be shy now..........

:whistle:

Actually my age difference is probably bigger than theirs. So you wanna take cheap shots at me and my fiance? Go for it. I don't care. :secret:

I guess I shouldn't be surprized that you would try to hijack another thread with more of your worthless posts. :lol:

well if you think my posts are worthless then you shouldn't be offended by the next comments........

but seriously looking at those photos, I'm sure some VJ members would think "ewwwwwwwww"

you must be 25+ years older than her, and of course you really don't do much for your cause with your wife being Phillipino!!

I mean come on....... :innocent:

but then again love has now boundaries eh??? :whistle:

Come on, is that all you've got? It's not even that original. You're going to have to do better than that to get my attention.

I would say it's not so much about the country itself, but more about the financial position of the beneficiary.

I would agree with that.......

If you go to the Philippines you will see a lot of old geezers (like me) with very young wives. Filipinas totally amaze me the way they are with their men and Claudeth has always told me she finds older men much more attractive in interesting.

Actually my age difference is probably bigger than theirs. So you wanna take cheap shots at me and my fiance? Go for it. I don't care. :secret:

I guess I shouldn't be surprized that you would try to hijack another thread with more of your worthless posts. :lol:

well if you think my posts are worthless then you shouldn't be offended by the next comments........

but seriously looking at those photos, I'm sure some VJ members would think "ewwwwwwwww"

you must be 25+ years older than her, and of course you really don't do much for your cause with your wife being Phillipino!!

Come on, is that all you've got? It's not even that original. You're going to have to do better than that to get my attention.

I'm not here to get your attention Gary, your post asked what people think about the age gap difference.... I am simply giving my views on it.... no more no less......

:innocent:

Edited by sharky

Filed: Other Timeline
I am 32 years Claudeth's senior and this is by far the best relationship I have even been in. She is totally amazing and blows my mind just about every day. My family doesn't care about the age difference as long as I am happy and I am all of that. My oldest daughter, who is 6 years older than Claudeth, did tell me that she wasn't going to call her 'Mom'! :P

As far as the visa process goes, the age issue never came up and we, thus far, have blown through the process. She had the visa in 4 months and got the GC in 5 months.

There is clearly discrimination going on, then. Either gender or race or both.

How can one claim God cares to judge a fornicator over judging a lying, conniving bully? I guess you would if you are the lying, conniving bully.

the long lost pillar: belief in angels

she may be fat but she's not 50

found by the crass patrol

"poisoned by a jew" sounds like a Borat song

If you bring up the truth, you're a PSYCHOPATH, life lesson #442.

Timeline

If you go to the Philippines you will see a lot of old geezers (like me) with very young wives. Filipinas totally amaze me the way they are with their men and Claudeth has always told me she finds older men much more attractive in interesting.

I usually don't hear couples without a large age difference or economic difference make generalizations about people with the same background as their spouse.

I think this is one of the things that makes people ask how much two people 30 years apart can have in common.

I'm not passing judgement, but I think that's one of the things that raises questions.

This thread is SO getting shut down... it's just a matter of time. :P

I usually don't hear couples without a large age difference or economic difference make generalizations about people with the same background as their spouse.

I think this is one of the things that makes people ask how much two people 30 years apart can have in common.

I'm not passing judgement, but I think that's one of the things that raises questions.

This thread is SO getting shut down... it's just a matter of time. :P

Like many things in live, I don't think you can really comment on it until you experience it. I never believed I could have anything in common with a woman 32 years my junior but boy was I wrong!

Why would the thread get shut down, this is insightful for some, questionable for others and then there are the flamers that most will choose to ignore :P

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm not here to get your attention Gary, your post asked what people think about the age gap difference.... I am simply giving my views on it.... no more no less......

Actually no, rather than making an intelligent contribution to a serious discussion, you just took the opportunity to make useless personal jabs.

There is clearly discrimination going on, then. Either gender or race or both.

I guess you lost me here, why would is there clearly discrimination going on?

Sharky, your immaturity level is striking. Lets just pretend your 30, In my judgement you act like your about oh lets say 10 or 11. Okay lets also pretend your fiancee is also 30 (I am assuming your a guy if not just reverse) and acts her age. You now have a immaturity gap of 19 or 20 years. Sorry Charles and I took your lolipop! maybe your mommy will get you another one. Your getting cranky, I think its time for a nap.Would you like me to sing you a lullaby?

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

Actually no, rather than making an intelligent contribution to a serious discussion, you just took the opportunity to make useless personal jabs.

actually Gary, maybe I was expressing a view of some VJ members who probably remain silent when asked for their opinion??? or even say "awwwww you guys look so cute" when clearly they have reservations about relationships with large age gaps???

mmmmmmmmm :whistle: