LoveHim

Please HELP

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I am new to VJ, and appreciate everyones candid comments. I am in the process of completing form I129f. My fiance and I disagree on how we should say we met. I actually close friends with his family in the states, and have met several family members when they would visit from Nigeria. I recently went to Ghana for 8 weeks with school, since Nigeria is close his family suggested he come to Ghana to welcome me to West Africa. This is how we met, and I'm comfortable with writing this. However, he is very skeptical with regards to the possible assumption of the interviewer at the Nigerian Consulate. That they could possibly think, his family set the marriage up and that our marriage is not real. He suggest we use his made up meeting, that seems a little complicated to me. Because, are engagement and subsequent marriage is real, I want to use the truth. Please any and all respond to my predicament. I would like to send the 129f by Friday.

THANKS FOR ANY HELP

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Do NOT lie about how you met! Especially with a high fraud counrty like Nigeria! There is no reason for you not to tell the truth unless you have someting to hide, in which case you should not be going through this process! If you lie and they find out its very likely that you will be denied!!!

Filed: Country: Senegal
Timeline

It is vital to be honest. If you try to hide the fact that you know his familiy, believe

me it will all come out during the interview where he will be asked if he has family

here. Next question would be....have you met them also etc.

You could put on the form......met in person in Ghana (school).Then they want to know what he was doing there in Ghana and all will eventualy come to light and the connection

will be made.

I don't think ....met in person in Ghana ....is dishonest but true, just add the initial family connection during the interview, hoping you will find more help from people that have gone through Lagos already in a similar situation.

Filed: Timeline

I met my fiance from his mother, who lives here and happens to be a close friend of mine. She did not set any of it up, she just introduced us over the phone and the rest was up to us, as far as where we wanted our friendship to go. It had nothing to do with her, actually she was very suprised to find out we got engaged. On my I-129f, I kept the comment brief of how we met, (because I didn't know to explain more on an extra piece of paper), I said I met him from a friend and then traveld to Ghana to see him. Something like that.

I also thought the embassy might think it was something set up by his mom, but it's not, so there is nothing to be affraid of. Speaking the truth is all you can do. Kwabena plans to tell them that we met through a friend of mine, who happens to be his mother. we're not worried about it, with God always on our side, everything will be alright.

I think what you wanted to put on the application sounds good. Good luck with everything and have faith ok. Hebrews 11:1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Honesty in this process is imperative. Keep your words simple... just say that you were introduced through mutual friends, who some are members of his family and met in person during your visit to Ghana. Don't screw this up...tell the truth.

La Verdadera y El Sincero - Siempre

2005 - 2006 Spent falling in love

22 May 2006 My journey to Nigeria

24 May 2006 David proposes to me

9 June 2006 Mailed I129F to TSC

30 June 2006 NOA-1

Case Transferred to CSC

27 July 2006 Touched

5 Sept 2006 Called USCIS for case / IMBRA status

14 Sept 2006 Touched

19 Sept 2006 Touched Again!

23 Sept 2006 Received IMBRA RFE by postal mail (postmarked 20 Sept 2006)

25 Sept 2006 Response to IMBRA RFE sent Priority Mail w/Delivery Confirmation

29 Sept 2006 Rec'd Email stating RFE received

1 Oct 2006 Touched - Same RFE rec'd message

17 Oct 2006 NOA-2 Rec'd via Email

23 Oct 2006 NOA-2 Rec'd via Postal Mail

9 Nov 2006 Email from NVC (response to my inquiry) w/NVC case# - file to Lagos 6 Nov

13 Nov 2006 Received NVC letter via Postal Mail

20 Nov 2006 Fiance went to Lagos Consulate- Interview Date Received

7 Feb 2007 Interview-VISA GRANTED!!! -

12 Feb 2007 Visa in Hand!!! ***Scheduled arrival 23 Feb 2007***

23 Feb 2007 Arrived JFK USA!!!

12 May 2007 Married

23 May 2007 Filed AOS

25 May 2007 Rec'd NOA1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.