memlaura

Original documents

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Help. I am confused. We sent all the original documents to NVC that was required. My husband has been insisting he still needs to bring the originals with him. I kept telling him no but then I read the letter we recieved again and it states. "Please note that even though you may have provided the NVC with a copy of a document, you are
still required to bring the original document to the visa interview." Do we need to spend the money to get certified copies of everything to bring with him even if they already have the originals? UGG. This is making me crazy. We only have 11 days left til the interview I dont know if I will make it that long with my sanity Thanks again for your help.

event.png

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Help. I am confused. We sent all the original documents to NVC that was required. My husband has been insisting he still needs to bring the originals with him. I kept telling him no but then I read the letter we recieved again and it states. "Please note that even though you may have provided the NVC with a copy of a document, you are

still required to bring the original document to the visa interview." Do we need to spend the money to get certified copies of everything to bring with him even if they already have the originals? UGG. This is making me crazy. We only have 11 days left til the interview I dont know if I will make it that long with my sanity Thanks again for your help.

NVC will send your husband a letter stating which documents are needed. If you submitted original at the NVC stage you will not need to bring original. However it is recommended by NVC to carry copy of every documents.

Your husband can carry the copy of all originals.

Timeline

Never mind I just re read what it said. My poor husband is so worried that we will be missing something when I read it I missed the wording that it states if you provided copies you must bring originals. We provided the originals already. Now I just need to get him to breath.

event.png

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

No you don not have to provide anything at interview presented at NVC unless you are updating. It's an old letter not updated. You will notice it says "Please note that even though you may have provided the NVC with a copy of a document"

You didn't provide a copy but the original. So no you don't have to. Only provide what your checklist specifically said you need to bring. Like in our case we provided nothing to NVC but the DS-230 so originals were required at interview.

Just focus on interview not what to bring. have hubby with the best picture album imagined of all trips full of unposed family fun and friends.

It is well.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

. On the 27th that I had my interview , there was this man that had this similar issue. Almost all the documents they requested from him , he gave them photocopies as he told the m that he sent the originals to the states. Even his police cleareance too was a photocopy that he presented. He explained to them politely and they were ok with it. He was actually approved. Best wishes to him.

Timeline

A new police certification from the your current country of residence, if you obtained the police certificate more than one year ago...pls i obtined it last year september, do i need to obtain another one....

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

A new police certification from the your current country of residence, if you obtained the police certificate more than one year ago...pls i obtined it last year september, do i need to obtain another one....

A nigerian police report is 3 months thats it. Most of us have had to have a new one for interview because with NVC long processing times it usually expires there or by interview. So no a PCC from september will not work for you.

If you were out of the country it would be a year okay. Sorry. I know some who had to get 3 to 5 because it took so long between NVC and interview. They are cheap thank God so get a new one when that time comes.

Where are you in the process anyway since you have no timelline? Are you even at NVC yet?

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.