PalmTrees

Sponsor is OK for I-134, not OK for I-864?

2 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello.

I'm still in K-1 processing but I like to be super organized. My fiance got a job that is over the 125% threshold in July. For my interview at the London Embassy I am going to bring his letter from his employer stating salary and title, and copies of recent pay stubs. I am not submitting tax returns as he hasn't made enough on the last tax return in his old job. I have been told that London will be fine with this.

However, I was looking through all the AOS forms and noticed on the I-864 it asks for the last 3 tax return figures. By the time we file (hopefully around May 2014) he will maybe have made enough for the most recent tax return, but his last two won't be enough. What should we do?

Should we enter the amounts for the last three years but attach current pay stubs as a supplement? Or should we get his brother to file as a co-sponsor?

I want this to go as smoothly as possible, and as this is a legally binding contract I don't want to cause complications. I really want to be able to get married and file for AOS straight away in order to work ASAP.

Thanks for reading and thanks for any help in your answers :)

K-1 Process:

09/03/13 - NOA1

10/22/13 - NOA2

02/25/14 - Visa Interview - Approved!

03/03/14 - Visa Received

04/08/14 - US Entry

06/05/14 - Wedding

AOS Process:

07/02/14 - NOA1s received for I-485, I-765 and I-131

07/23/14 - Early walk-in for Biometrics

09/04/14 - EAD Card Approved!

09/11/14 - EAD Card Received

02/27/15 - Greencard Approved!
03/12/15 - Greencard Received!
ROC Process:
02/07/2017 - NOA1
03/09/2017 - Biometrics
02/15/2018 - Extension Stamp in Passport at Local Office
...currently waiting...

Relax and read over the instructions again. You have a choice to send either 3 years of returns or 1 year. Current income is what matters. You will need to say what the 3 years numbers were, or explain why the person was not legally obligated to file taxes.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.