Jump to content

DS-2001 still used?


3 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom

I finished all my London embassy checklist. My ceac status says ready for interview etc and what to do if I have received my appointment letter and what to do if I haven't.

Do I need to send a DS-2001? I sent DS-160 and DS-260. I have all my documents ready, medical this Friday and I guess am just waiting for my appointment letter.

I've noticed other people using forms DS-230 etc, but these seem a while ago and I believe now have been replaced by the online DS-260. However, I have seen recently (last 2 months) that people have submitted the DS-2001 form to say they have everything and are ready.

I have not seen anywhere on anything I have that tells me to do this, had never even heard of it before. (I even had to look up what it was for)

If I need to send it still though, then where do I do this? I googled it and in one hit (london embassy website) said in the mini description that it is no longer in use. However, when I opened that page, it gave a 3 step structure and part of step two it says I need to notify the immigrant visa unit that I am ready (although no mention of DS-2001 or even how)

Long story short, do I need to send it(or anything)? Because I'll be waiting a while for an interview if I do and haven't sent it! :/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I actually answered that in you other thread, but will copy it to here

The London K1 instructions are here http://london.usembassy.gov/iv_15.html. The checklist you are reading was cobbled together and is not quite giving you the K1 instructions. London has made changes recently and their website and the form you are looking at haven't been done very well.

Follow the website http://london.usembassy.gov/iv_15.html because that checklist you have is geared more for a spouse visa.

Website says K1 completes the DS-160. That is correct. This was new Oct 7, and followed a Sept 1 change, so you can understand how some of the procedures got garbled as they were changing rapidly. The DS-260 is for spouse visas so don't do it.

See Step 2 on the London website http://london.usembassy.gov/iv_15.html. It says when you have gathered your documents, submit the notification of Applicant Readiness. They say email it, but it's actually an online form submission. And they don't really say where to find the form. They end that paragraph with leftovers from the old instructions when a paper Form DS-2001 was put in the post to the contact address they refer to. I told you they have cobbled together a mess. To find your online notification of readiness form, look in the right column, second paragraph where it says:

"The document checklist Form DS-2001 is no longer in use. Please download this list of required documents. Once you are in possession of all of the documents required in support of your visa application, you are required to notify the Immigrant Visa Unit by email. Read more..... "

If you don't click that Read more..... ", you will not find the form to submit. So click it and go to another page with a link to the form you need at the end of the page. Submit the form so London knows you are ready to receive an interview date. Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China

~Moved from K-1 Process to UK Regional Forum~

~Inquiry is embassy-specific~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca




Link to comment
Share on other sites

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...