sayed&freshta

Afghanistan wait times almost 6 months past interview

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Salaam Everyone,

So i decided to put a post up to get some feedback from what everyone thinks.

My fiancee had her interview on May 29th 2013 at kabul embassy. went well only took her about 10 min for the whole interview they gave her a yellow card and she came out. I was waiting outside the embassy for about 4 hours and it sucked she came back empty handed. we waited and a few weeks later around July 17th they called her back to bring her passport and that they were going to do a second interview. this time she went she and they took her to a different section for interview, basically like an interrogation. they were accusing her of being married but we are only engaged we didn't even do a nikkah yet. the plan was for her to come to america because her brother lives here and we will get married here. so after her second interview they gave her yellow card back and said we will do some more research and that was it.

if they were to deny her a visa they would have told her the second time or not even given back her yellow card if I'm not mistaking?

has anyone else been put in this situation or whats your thoughts on what might happen.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Did you check to see what the CEAC website said? Typically if you are denied outright they tell you then but obviously they don't really believe the story. I think because, as you obviously know, culturally it is much more common to go ahead and be married since you guys obviously had to prove a relationship and it's difficult to do outside of the bounds of marriage, Islamically.

Another couple from Pakistan had a similar issue where the CO insisted they were married but I think they did do a nikaah.

"Verily, after hardship there is ease" Holy Qur'an 94:6

http://www.anaashad.blogspot.com

Timeline

Did you check to see what the CEAC website said? Typically if you are denied outright they tell you then but obviously they don't really believe the story. I think because, as you obviously know, culturally it is much more common to go ahead and be married since you guys obviously had to prove a relationship and it's difficult to do outside of the bounds of marriage, Islamically.

Another couple from Pakistan had a similar issue where the CO insisted they were married but I think they did do a nikaah.

yeah i check out case on CEAC it gets updated often. But we are second cousins so we really didn't need a nikkah to see each other.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

LOL If she is halal for marriage she is not halal for hanging out. The COs know about Afghani and Islamic culture so I think that is why ya'll are having a hard time convincing them. Insha'Allah you are able to be approved, I hate to see anyone be kept apart but I think it is a difficult situation to prove. What can you give them to prove you are NOT Islamically married? Nothing. :( That's the problem.

So if for example you have lots of photos showing ya'll cuddled up, or touching, it will be strange to them that it was allowed. Even if it is in your family I think culturally the CO will assume that is not allowed unless married. Some in this instance, if denied fiancee visa, get married and go for the I-130 but you have to start the process all over again. :(

I wish you the best.

"Verily, after hardship there is ease" Holy Qur'an 94:6

http://www.anaashad.blogspot.com

Timeline

LOL If she is halal for marriage she is not halal for hanging out. The COs know about Afghani and Islamic culture so I think that is why ya'll are having a hard time convincing them. Insha'Allah you are able to be approved, I hate to see anyone be kept apart but I think it is a difficult situation to prove. What can you give them to prove you are NOT Islamically married? Nothing. sad.png That's the problem.

So if for example you have lots of photos showing ya'll cuddled up, or touching, it will be strange to them that it was allowed. Even if it is in your family I think culturally the CO will assume that is not allowed unless married. Some in this instance, if denied fiancee visa, get married and go for the I-130 but you have to start the process all over again. sad.png

I wish you the best.

thank you..

but even in our culture people have always gotten engaged without any type of nikkah or religious ceremony. and they go out, shop, eat, and hangout.

Timeline

Salam,

My fiance also had his interview on the 29th of May and we are still waiting for our visa... What is your case statues the CEAC site? Does it say say AP? Just hang in there and hopefully they will Issue the visa.. If it was denied they would have told you by now... I think that may they are doing some back ground checks or maybe they are going to send a field officer to Investigate. What made them think that you guys were married? There are a few other ppl that were interview on the same date as your fiancee and mine and they are still waiting...

Our K1 Process

USCIS – Approved in 218 days

Sept. 05,12: Sent I-129F Petition
Sept. 10,12: Notice of Receipt (NOA1)
April 16,13: I-129F Petition Approved (NOA2)

NVC - 2 Days
April 22,13: NVC Received
April 24,13: Case left NVC: Destination Kabul, Afghanistan

Consulate - 251 days
April 29,13: Case Received by Embassy of Kabul, Afghanistan
May 13,13: Received Packet 3 (Interview date and Medical letter)
May 21,13: Medical
May 29,13: Interview and Placed on AP

Dec. 12,13: Embassy asked for Passport and a New Medical

Dec. 30,13: Submitted Passport and New Medical to Embassy

Jan. 02,14: Visa Status changed to ISSUED

Jan. 05,14: Picked up VISA

Feb. 19,14: POE (LAX)

Timeline

Salam,

My fiance also had his interview on the 29th of May and we are still waiting for our visa... What is your case statues the CEAC site? Does it say say AP? Just hang in there and hopefully they will Issue the visa.. If it was denied they would have told you by now... I think that may they are doing some back ground checks or maybe they are going to send a field officer to Investigate. What made them think that you guys were married? There are a few other ppl that were interview on the same date as your fiancee and mine and they are still waiting...

my states says AP on the site. that what i told my fiancee because why would they do a second interview and still not deny and already been over 6 months. they wouldn't waste there time and would just give you a denial sooner. i have heard that they are prioritzing visas for the translators so they can get out before 2014. i have no clue honestly to what could have led up to that thought of us being married.

I was there at the embassy on day of her interview i probably saw your fiancee. how many other people do you no of that had an interview that day and are still waiting for k-1 visas.

Timeline

There is one more person from this site that's still waiting and one more person that I know that's not from this site that's also waiting... Just be patient and hopefully they will give us our visa's soon.

Our K1 Process

NVC - 2 Days

Consulate - 251 days

Timeline

i don't know why we are not getting emails and updates, whoever had their interview on that day may be May 29 was the unlucky day. i am really tired of this journey, its been the hardest time of my life. :(

Timeline

Just be patient Elizabeth and pray to Allah... we will get our turn soon InshaAllah .. Just remember your not alone.. we are all in the same boat.

Our K1 Process

NVC - 2 Days

Consulate - 251 days

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Salam everyone im new and not really sure howi. Can post a new topic. I have a question my fiance and i have filed for the i129f and alhamdullilah it has been approved. On november 22nd the nvc approved our case and sent our case to kabul. Now can anyone give me details on what is going to happen next. When should we expect them to contact us. I have tried callinng the consulate to see if they recieved our case but its always busy. Ceac says case is jot registered. What is next ? Also as fort he affidavit of support and packet 3 do we take it to the embassy before they set up an interview or take it on interview day. Please help us on our journey. May Allah make it easy for all of us inshAllah ameen!

Timeline
Salam Sadaf Jan and welcome to VJ, Every case is different and the time as far as how long it take for the embassy to schedule your interview is also different. Our case was received by the embassy 04/29/13 and our Interview was scheduled on 05/29/13. But we were placed on AP and are still waiting for our visa.. But in my friends case her fiance's case was received by the embassy in May,2013 and they waited 5 month for there Interview and after the interview was given the visa within a few weeks.. So there is no telling who gets placed on AP and who doesn't.

As far as for the Packet 3 and the Affidavit of Support everything will be asked for during the interview. Just make sure that you provide a copy of the Affidavit of Support with the Original signature. They will not accept a copy.

Hope this help's you and if you have any more question plz feel free to ask.

Take Care,

Myra

Our K1 Process

NVC - 2 Days

Consulate - 251 days

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Just be patient Elizabeth and pray to Allah... we will get our turn soon InshaAllah .. Just remember your not alone.. we are all in the same boat.

Hey when u recive case number after you aplly plz give me as much information u have plz

Hey when u recive case number after you aplly plz give me as much information u have plz

Or email me or arslanrta@yahoo.com or ou can find me in Facebook arsalan sahebzada so we can share information thank you dear sis

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.