GusandCrys

Brazilian Medical Exam Question!!

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello VJers!

We believe we will be getting our interview date scheduled any time now! Our case was last updated on CEAC as of the 22nd as ready. We know its at the consulate and we've emailed them again asking if our date was set yet.

We are actually wondering about the Rio consulate and wondering about the medical exam prior to the interview date.

We want to spend the least amount of days in Rio to save on costs, and are wondering if we can do the medical exam the day before interview.

It says on the embassy website:

"Note: The sealed Medical Report must be sent directly by the penal physician to the Consulate General in Rio de Janeiro. For this service you must bring a "Correios" prepaid envelope (envelope pré-franqueado) to your medical appointment. The prepaid envelope may be found at any Correios office."

but it also says in another page on the embassy website, it says with the list of papers to bring to the interview....

"Sealed envelope of Medical Examination Report;"

Does my Fiancee need to bring the medical exam to the interview with him, or will they send it to the embassy. And if they send it to the embassy, can we have our interview the day after the medical exam??

Thank You everyone for your replies! Everything helps! Good luck to everyone :)

Crys and Gus

Service Center: California Service Center

Embassy: Rio de Janeiro

Met: August 22, 2005

First Visit: March-April 2011

Second Visit: August-October 2012

Third Visit: August-September 2013

I-129F Sent: 09/14/2013

Package Received: 09/17/2013

NOA1: 09/19/2013

Alien Registration Number Changed: 09/28/2013

NOA2:10/08/2013

NOA2 Hard Copy: 10/12/2013

18 Days From NOA1 until NOA2

NVC Received: 11/07/2013

Case Number Received: 11/08/2013

Sent to Embassy: 11/12/2013

Emailed Embassy asking if they got case: 11/10/2013

Response, not received yet: 11/13/2013

Emailed embassy again: 11/17/2013

Response, received but no interview date yet: 11/18/2013

Case Touched by Consulate: 11/22/2013

Interview Date: 01/23/2014

Visa Issued: 2/7/2014

POE: Detroit, Michigan. 5/17/2014

This is going so fast and we are so blessed. You will be in my arms soon, My Love.

Timeline

Hi there,

My fiancé had his medical exam with Dr. Duarte in Rio in October. His office is across the street from the consulate. His secretary, Joice, is very knowledgeable and will send an email with the details for the medical exam when you make an appointment. I would not count on getting everything done the day before the exam. We had to go to two separate labs downtown that same day for the chest x-ray and a blood test. This was on a Friday, and the blood test result wasn't available online until the following Thursday. The blood test results and the x-ray are sent directly to Dr. Duarte's office and included in the package for the consulate. The doctor's office sends the package directly to the consulate before the interview. You pay a Sedex delivery fee at the doctor's office so you don't need to bring a pre-addressed envelope. The one thing your fiancé should definitely bring to the exam if he can is his vaccination booklet. It will save you time and money if the doctor can immediately identify the vaccinations that your fiancé may need.

Our day at the doctor took about six hours including the lab visits, and I would definitely not have wanted to deal with all of that the day before the interview (even if it were possible). So my advice would be try to get the exam done well in advance of the interview to reduce the stress and be sure that everything is complete in advance of the interview.

Good luck!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the Embassy/Consulate forum -- topic involves that phase. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Here's all the details from when my husband had his medical exam.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/270248-medical-exam-review/

event.png

• 2 months later...
Filed: Timeline

Hi there,

My fiancé had his medical exam with Dr. Duarte in Rio in October. His office is across the street from the consulate. His secretary, Joice, is very knowledgeable and will send an email with the details for the medical exam when you make an appointment. I would not count on getting everything done the day before the exam. We had to go to two separate labs downtown that same day for the chest x-ray and a blood test. This was on a Friday, and the blood test result wasn't available online until the following Thursday. The blood test results and the x-ray are sent directly to Dr. Duarte's office and included in the package for the consulate. The doctor's office sends the package directly to the consulate before the interview. You pay a Sedex delivery fee at the doctor's office so you don't need to bring a pre-addressed envelope. The one thing your fiancé should definitely bring to the exam if he can is his vaccination booklet. It will save you time and money if the doctor can immediately identify the vaccinations that your fiancé may need.

Our day at the doctor took about six hours including the lab visits, and I would definitely not have wanted to deal with all of that the day before the interview (even if it were possible). So my advice would be try to get the exam done well in advance of the interview to reduce the stress and be sure that everything is complete in advance of the interview.

Good luck!

How far in advance can one get the medical exam done? My case is only en route to the NVC.

Timeline

You can schedule the medical exam as soon as you get your RDJ case number from the NVC. Just keep in mind that your visa will be valid for six months from the date of your medical exam (not from the date of your interview). The further in advance of your interview you have your medical exam, the less time you will have to arrive in the U.S. once the visa is issued.

Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.