Peikko

NHL goalie who allegedly told girlfriend 'I would have beaten you more if we were in Russia' could face two years jail

4 posts in this topic

• Colorado Avalanche goalie Semyon Varlamov, 25, has been charged with third-degree assault
  • If convicted, he could face a sentence of two years prison
  • He is free on $5,000 bail and continues to play for the Avalanche
  • He allegedly beat his model girlfriend Evgenia Vavrinyuk in October
  • She told reporters that he laughed as he hit her and that 'when he drinks he turns into an animal'
  • A Russian government official claimed Varlamov's arrest was an act of sabotage against the country's hockey team ahead of the Winter Games

Prosecutors filed a misdemeanor assault charge Friday against Colorado Avalanche goalie Semyon Varlamov after his girlfriend said he attacked her last month.

Varlamov, 25, faces one count of third-degree assault and if convicted, could face a sentence ranging from probation to two years in prison.

His agent, Paul Theofanous, has said the player is innocent.

Varlamov's attorney, Jack Rotole, did not immediately return a phone call seeking comment.

Varlamov’s girlfriend, Evgeniya Vavrinyuk, told investigators he attacked her on October 30 in her apartment. She said he knocked her down with a kick and stomped on her chest, according to an arrest affidavit.

She also accused him of dragging her by her hair and telling her that he would have beaten her more if they had been in Russia, authorities said.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2512328/NHL-goalie-Semyon-Varlamov-face-jail-assault-girlfriend.html#ixzz2lUXHwNOW

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I do not know enough to comment on whether he is likely to be innocent or guilty, but the Russian opinion that it's all a plot to ensure the Russians lose in Sochi is hilarious.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

I see a bad trend starting here. How are we to keep our women in line, if the law is going to step in when we are making corrections?

If the correction cannot be made after a few stomps and punches, maybe it is time for a divorce.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I see a bad trend starting here. How are we to keep our women in line, if the law is going to step in when we are making corrections?

It is perplexing. Sound like she's lucky they weren't in Russia.

Edited by Karee

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.