icefresh

Mortgage as Conditional Resident?

2 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi!

Does anybody have experience if it is possible to get a mortgage as conditional resident?

My CR expires next October, so it is too early to file I-751 :(

Thank you!

I-751 ROC Journey - 2 years flew by!
8/15/14 - Mailed I-751 to VSC

8/19/14 - NOA

9/16/14 - Biometrics

2/18/15 - Card production notification

AOS w/concurrent I-130 Journey
8/10/12 - Mailed I-130/I-131/I-485/I-765 to Chicago Lockbox
8/13/12 - Received & Signed at 1pm
8/18/12 - Received text message from USCIS confirming the receipt of all cases (at 12am!)
9/14/12 - Biometrics
10/24/12 - Interview with approval during the interview

J-1 Waiver Journey
USCIS
Text/Email received with waiver approval - August 14th, 2012
Adjudication, waiver approved - August 13th, 2012
Receipt in the mail (I-797C, Notice of Action) - July 20th, 2012
Case receipt - July 16th, 2012

DOS
Recommendation Sent July 10, 2012
Sponsor Views Received July 08, 2012
Request for Sponsor Views Sent July 06, 2012
No Objection Statement Received July 02, 2012
Fee Received June 07, 2012
Form DS-3035 Received June 07, 2012
Form DS-2019 Received June 07, 2012
Passport Data Page Received June 07, 2012
Statement Of Reason Received June 07, 2012
Other Received June 07, 2012

Hi!

Does anybody have experience if it is possible to get a mortgage as conditional resident?

My CR expires next October, so it is too early to file I-751 sad.png

Thank you!

Most people in the US do not know the difference between a conditional resident, a resident, and an illegal immigrant. You are a LPR. The only difference is that you MUST file to have your conditions removed and if you fail to do so your LPR status is terminated. For a 10 year GC holder the LPR status does not expire when the card expired. The more important question you should ask is what interest rate will I get based on my credit score? There are non-residents who purchase property in the US and are able to obtain a mortgage--think Canadians who like to visit Florida during the winter in their vacation homes. You just need to see what the bank wants from you in order to process the mortgage. Then you can shop around for a good interest rate.

Good luck,

Dave

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.