Casmish

Urgent advice needed before filing N400

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi VJ members,

Please, I have few question on behalf of a close friend who intends to file N400 for naturalization. He is in dire need of advice and guidance because He has a problem with where on the form he should report his repayment of unemployment overpayments. And wants to know if reporting this incident will hurt his chances of becoming citizen.

1. Some years ago, he received two unemployment payments, and in each of them, made mistakes in his online reporting of his days of resuming work.

2. He admitted the mistake and his inexperience filling online.

3. unemployment agency ruled one fraud overpayment and the other non-fraud because he did not report the first but voluntarily reported and corrected the second before the fact.

4. the department issued unemployment overpayment notice which he has refunded and received a judgment liens from the court showing his full repayment.

4. No charges where filed, no was he arrested but asked to repay which he has done.

Now, does he report this as "Owing Taxes" because Tax Lien Repaid is what is showing on his financial record which he has fulfilled. Or

is there a better question No. on form N400 where he can declare that.

If this will hurt his chances, should he get an attorney?

Please this has been bordering him a lot. Any advice is welcomed....

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

he has to get tax transcripts for the last three years it will show on his taxes he also needs to write a separate sheet of paper about the unemployment payments and bring all your court paper to the interview

So what kind of the relationship exists between your friend and you?

We hail from the same country and we work in the same place. I'm actually enquiring on his behalf to save him some lawyer fees. Thanks for asking anyway.

Edited by Casmish

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: France
Timeline

Thanks for your answer, but do I also need to include saperate paper and court paper with my N400 packet?

Sorry I don't have any answer for you.

I still don't understand what your friend's N-400 has to do with your N-400, if you are only colleagues.

Other VJ members will ask you the same question.

Good luck for everything.

Sorry I don't have any answer for you.

I still don't understand what your friend's N-400 has to do with your N-400, if you are only colleagues.

Other VJ members will ask you the same question.

Good luck for everything.

Everyone is here for some kind of help. I help him fill out his form while he provides all explanations and answers to each questions, which is perfectly legal so long as I will sign the form acknowledging that someone helped him fill it out. His English is not that too fluent and he can't perfectly word his explanation on this site. This is some of the reasons while he may have had the problem with unemployment filling in the first place. I don't know what you are insinuating by me filling n400. If indeed you are perfect, I don't think you will be on this site where people get advice to do things the right way, avoid costly mistakes and high legal costs.You prevaricated on the initial question and I answered politely my relationship with him. If you don't have any answer, please don't insinuate anything you don't understand. I am my brother's keeper and I am here to get genuine answers for him and not for you to preempt the questions of others.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: France
Timeline

There is a misunderstanding somewhere, and i didn't insinuate anything at all.

My question was simple. Because you talk about "your" N-400, on your second post. So i asked you politely what is your relationship (more thinking that you were a dependant, like a daughter, a wife, which could maybe change the answers that you can obtain).

My question was more in what way "your" N-400 is link with "his" N-400?

It was to help you, don't be so defensive, please?

Other VJ members would ask you the same question, if they don't understand your question.

By reading again, you second post, I may have misunderstand that "your" N-400, is the N-400 that you are preparing, not "your" own N-400.

Sorry, but it was not so clear the first time that I read it.

Be certain, that If I asked you the question, It was only for a clarification purpose, just for other members to understand, not to judge you.

I still wish you my best luck, you and your brother. And please, don't take my question in a bad way, my aim wasn't not at all to hurt you or to judge you.

Edited by MIDUVIL

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.