Chez&Rick

Air China - I need help base on your experience. MNL-PEK-JFK

5 posts in this topic

Hi

Good day!

Please help me on this one.

My flight is on November 16. I am flying MNL-PEK-JFK. My layover at PEK to JFK is just 1hr 40min. I am so nervous I might miss my flight for such a little time. And I have read that you got to go to 3 security checks with long lines that will consume so much time.

My question is, has anyone here had a same layover time in Beijing and missed or not missed flight?

Is my layover time sufficient to get to my next flight?

Do you have to really go through 3 security checks?

Is it easy to navigate Beijing International Airport? I will be landing at PEK Terminal 3 and depart at PEK Terminal 3.

Ill be traveling alone and it is my first international flight.

I am hoping for your guidance on this.

Thank you so much in advance.

Met in person : 2009-02-24
Second visit : 2010-03-12
Married : 2012-07-17
I-130 Sent : 2013-01-23
I-130 NOA1 : 2013-01-28
NOA2 : 2013-05-16

NVC Received : 2013-06-10
Pay AOS Bill : 2013-06-25
Return I 864: 2013-06-26
Return DS 3032: 2013-07-01

Genesis 2:22-24
Then the LORD God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man. The man said, "This is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called 'woman, ' for she was taken out of man." For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I wouldn't be too nervous, that is a pretty long layover time. Just be early for your first flight and you should be fine. Any problems are out of your control so try not to worry about it. In general there isn't security checks at connecting flights but depending how the airport is laid out that might not be true. My connecting flight in Japan once they had us get off the plane go through security(very fast not like here in the US) and then re-board the same plane at another gate. My fiance had someone helping that she met on the plane, most people are helpful when traveling. Don't be nervous about the flight though, it's just like getting in a big taxi. I know it's hard sometimes, I use to never worry but then I went a day early to a flight once and realized how easy it is to make a mistake in the process. I suppose a day early is better than a day late, although it cost me $2500 to upgrade to first class the only available ticket and the original flight was $150... I should have waited but I'm not very patient. Good luck!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from IR1/CR1 Process to Working and Traveling During US Immigration Forum~

~Layover inquiry~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

In Beijing,There is only 1 Immigration Check and Best i can remember there is only 1 SERCUTIY CHECK.

There is a airport train that you may have to use ,but i have been thru there 4 times and you will have plenty of time,no problem

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Alot of delays with Air China Flyts. The pilots can make up most of time in the air. So it works out to departing later but arriving almost on time. I have had 2 unexpected layovers at PEK one 6 hours and one 26 hours. Winter time bad weather for the long one. So i would have a carry on with the right stuff to spend a night handy. You should be ok, But I go thru Hong Kong now.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.