Camelot13

How did you all get boarding passes from the airlines?

12 posts in this topic

Sorry for the frequency with which I'm posting topics here. I'm running into so many questions! Maybe this will be helpful for others as well.

I have just gotten off the phone with United Airlines. I asked them for a copy of my boarding pass (the flight was July 6-Oct 1, 2013 - so not all that long ago) because I only have the email itinerary and receipt. After a few minutes on the phone with them, they said that all they could send me is a receipt/itinerary, which I told them I already had. They then said that's all they are authorized to do because they can't re-issue boarding passes.

From what I've read, some of you have been successful in requesting the actual boarding pass from the airlines after having lost or thrown away the original. How did you do it?? Did I just get an unknowledgeable customer service person or does the willingness to send boarding passes vary by airline?

My boyfriend is on a flight here tomorrow so assuming if all goes well we will have 1 official boarding pass to include in the packet. Will that plus itineraries and passport stamps for 2 previous trips (one for me to UK, one for him to US) be sufficient?

We also have a joint US bank account we opened in March 2013. Would that be useful as primary evidence?

Edited by Camelot13

05/14: We were married!!

06/04/14: Finally marriage license was recorded & we got a copy

06/05/14: AOS package mailed via Fed Ex overnight to USCIS Chicago Lockbox

06/06/14: (Day 00) Confirmation of delivery & receipt date recorded by USCIS

06/11/14: (Day 05) NOA 1 Hard copy of receipt received

06/13/14: (Day 07) Form I-797C received, Biometrics appointment scheduled for July 8

07/01/14: RFE for co-sponsor salary and tax info, which was already sent with original package. Resent a copy on 07/08/14.

07/08/14: (Day 32) Biometrics appt.

08/10/14: (Day 65) Noticed that USCIS status has changed from Initial Review to Testing & Interview!

08/21/14: (Day 76) Received EAD/AP in the mail!

09/25/14: (Day 111) Email notice with interview date set for OCT. 29!

10/29/14: (Day 145) Interview day - APPROVED!!!

09/21/16: Mailed in I-751 Removal of Conditions

10/14/16: Biometrics appointment

8/8/17: Mailed N-400 Naturalization Application

8/15/17: USCIS texted that they've received N-400

9/8/17: Scheduled for biometrics 

10/11/17: In Line to be Scheduled for N-400 Interview
6/23/18: N400 Interview (recommended for approval pending I751)

8/1/18: I751 Interview - approved

Filed: Timeline

Hmm, I've never heard of an airline actually re-issuing boarding passes. I wouldn't worry about it. Just print your receipt/itinerary. They're not going to hassle a British citizen over missing boarding passes.

If you had 15 red flags and was interviewing in Farawayistan I'd try. But you're not.

Just use your itineraries, the bank account, add some pictures from various places, spanning the entire timeline of your relationship and you will be fine.

PS, when using pictures, remember that you're trying to prove a relationship, you're not proving that you own a camera. Backgrounds help. Different hairstyles help. Different clothes and different situations help. I.e. A picture from Christmas in London and summer in LA is excellent evidence showing you've spent time together over a big timespan. 2,000 pictures showing nothing but your faces shows that you've met at least once and have access to a camera..

Edited by jaycali

Passport stamps are better than boarding passes, anyway (since they prove the flight was actually taken and the entry into the foreign country was made). I wouldn't sweat it.

* I-130/CR-1 visa by Direct Consular Filing in London
3rd May 2013 - Married in London

7th May 2013 - I-130 filed
4th June 2013 - NOA2 (approved)
16th July 2013 - Interview (approved)
30th July 2013 - POE San Francisco
29th August 2013 - 2 year green card arrived

* How? Read my DCF London I-130 for CR1/IR1 Spouse Guide

* Removal of Conditions (RoC) via California Service Centre
1st May 2015 - 90 day RoC window opened
6th May 2015 - I-751 filed (delivered 8th May, cheque cashed 18th May)
7th August 2015 - Approved / GC production

27th August 2015 - 10 year green card arrived

* Naturalisation (Citizenship) via Phoenix Lockbox

* San Francisco Field Office:
1st May 2016 - N-400 window opened
20th August 2016 - N-400 filed

26th August 2016 - NOA1
13th September 2016 - Biometrics

12th January 2017 - Biometrics (again)
30th May 2017 - Interview (approved)
7th June 2017 - Oath

Filed: Timeline

yeah, we couldn't get a copy of boarding passes too so we sent photocopies of the arival and departure stamps on the passport. I got one too many stamps on one page at one point so i just highleted the ones that were important. Some were hard to read, so i put a note beside it and wrote the date and the name of the airport and flight number (exactly what the stamp should say). And we had no problems. Got the hardcopy of NOA2 the other day.

Goodluck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

You're in London so I wouldn't sweat it, it's a very easy going process there. Passport stamps are fine. I sent a copy of my entire passport, means you don't have to rummage for a copy of your birth certificate as well.

November 14th, 2013: She's here!

December 12th, 2013: Picked up marriage license.

December 14th, 2013: Wedding

6gai.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

How did you all get boarding passes from the airlines?

They are given to you when you register at the gate prior to boarding. If you lost yours, then you are out of luck.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

I wouldn't worry too much. I only showed a few boarding passes I had kept, with Eurostar tickets when we went to Paris, some photos of us from both countries, passport stamps and I believe maybe some skype/imessage screen shots. I didn't send nearly as much as some people but as long as its hard evidence and not to wishy washy then you're fine.

Thank you all so much! You put my mind and heart at ease. I'm going to pick my boyfriend up at the airport in a few hours. heart.gif

Baron555, I had thought I had read somewhere on here where people had said they didn't have copies of their boarding passes & called the airlines for a copy, but I must have misunderstood. Sounds like the passport stamp/itinerary combo will work ok though, so I'm relieved.

06/13/14: (Day 07) Form I-797C received, Biometrics appointment scheduled for July 8

07/01/14: RFE for co-sponsor salary and tax info, which was already sent with original package. Resent a copy on 07/08/14.

08/10/14: (Day 65) Noticed that USCIS status has changed from Initial Review to Testing & Interview!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Don't worry about boarding passes. another uk-us K1 here! we provided a list of all visits. Then for each individual trip we provided evidence of passport stamp photocopies, relevant emailed flight itinerary and photos from the trip of us together :)

That's really excellent, McBride. I'm glad to hear the process went smoothly for you. My boyfriend arrived last night and we'll begin the process of gathering our evidence together & I won't have to worry as much.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.