Glazov

Police Check for K-3 visa process

17 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I just wanted to comment briefly on the police certificate.

1. For those of you having trouble getting the right certificate have your fiancee present the following attachment. It explains in Russian exactly what she wants the police authorities to do.

17lp1.jpg

2. Consider the cost benefit of using a firm to obtain your Russian documents. For us it was just three trips to the local police authorities at a cost of about $3 for bus fare for three people. We went to the wrong place first and were correctly redirected.

3. The police certificate should include all places you have resided since the age of 16 for over 6 months.

4. The police certificate does not need to be translated, notarized, or appostiled.

5. The police certificates are important for our national security to keep criminals and terrorist out as defined by US federal statutes.

6. For our K3 applicant it might be most cost and time efficient to wait until the CR1 is granted so she can arrive and receive her green card immediatly in the mail to avoid the time and money loss of AOS.

7. As far as I am aware apostles are not required for the US embassy in terms of the visa process.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kazakhstan
Timeline

hello EVA MALAHOVA ,

finally i got russian police certificate through russian consulate on april,4 ..my first visit to russian consulate was on october,27 and the fees were paid on december,2 ..four full months of waiting..visiting them for ten times..so much nerves ..

i recommend you deal with russian authorities directly ,i am not sure you need police certificate for local police station or from main information center in russia

try different ways and BEST OF LUCK to you,

alma

Thank you so much for your response, I have foreseen so much trouble, that is why I am trying to take care of it ahead of time.

Thanks again

EVA , i do not know about requirements regarding russian police certificates for russian citizens for US consulate

as a kazakhstan citizen i was required russian police certificate issued from main information center in moscow (directly or through russian consulate in kazakhstan), US consulate in kazakhstan do not accept any local police stations certificates

good luck ,

alma and scott

Alma, Almaty, Kazakhstan & Scott, Horse Cave, Kentucky

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.