renchiz

K1 visa Approved!!!

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Our K1 visa was approved today!!!

I wish EVERYONE speedy processing and FAVORABLE conclusion of your cases!

Thanks to all the posts...luckily reading the posts meant I didn't have to post too many questions myself.

VJ is a gem!!

Cheers everyone!!!

Hello how are you my name is Antonio and I am just beginning this process. My fiancée is in Ethiopia and we just finishing filling out the forms . I have 3 questions to ask if you don't mind. My fiancée sent me the 325 A form and the Intent to marry form but I heard someone say that her signature cannot be photo copied she signed it with a pen but made a copy and emailed it back to me will that be ok? Also how long does the initial process take to find out if your application is excepted? Thanks for taking the time to read this. Take care and congrats.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Congrats

e49zd36va.png
08/09/12 - Married in Lagos, Nigeria
USCIS:
10/23/12 - I-130 Delivered/USCIS Priority Date

01/17/13 - NOA2 Date (85 days)
NVC:
02/05/13: NVC Received
02/21/13: Received Case number/IIN

04/09/13: Case complete

US Embassy Lagos

XX/XX/13: Embassy received

05/06/13: Medical Completed, Need to do Sputum Test

05/15/13: Sputum Test Done - Now the dreaded 8 week wait

06/13/13: Interview Date - Postponed pending results of Sputum Test

07/26/13: Received Medical Report - Negative Result for Sputum Test; sent request to get interview rescheduled
08/21/13: Interview scheduled - ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING

10/15/13: Medicals Expire

10/21/13: Congressional Inquiries/Requests for Assistance

10/29/13: Hubby received email Administrative Processing is Complete

10/30/13: Hubby rec'd call from Consulate to drop off new medical and passport; Medical Completed

11/05/13: 2nd Sputum Done - 8 Week Wait Again!!!ranting33va.gif

01/17/14: 2nd Medical Done;Medical Report available for pickup

01/21/14: Hubby dropped off medical and passport. Consulate was closed on the 20th. Was told to pick up visa on Tuesday

01/23/14: CEAC Status says ISSUED

01/28/14: Visa in hand, paid USCIS Immigrant Fee

01/31/14: POE Houston, TX

03/04/14: Applied for SSN - Not in SAVE

03/06/14: Green Card Production

03/14/14: Received Green Card via Priority Mail

05/03/14: Received SSN - Had to wait for DHS verification

ROC

12/29/15: Express mailed I-751

12/31/15: I-751 Receipt Date

01/05/16: Fee cleared account

Timeline

Hello how are you my name is Antonio and I am just beginning this process. My fiancée is in Ethiopia and we just finishing filling out the forms . I have 3 questions to ask if you don't mind. My fiancée sent me the 325 A form and the Intent to marry form but I heard someone say that her signature cannot be photo copied she signed it with a pen but made a copy and emailed it back to me will that be ok? Also how long does the initial process take to find out if your application is excepted? Thanks for taking the time to read this. Take care and congrats.

Hello Antonio,

You have to have an original signature, copies of signatures are not acceptable for the documents you mentioned.

If you mean accepted as in received by USCIS, you will know that as soon as the package is delivered if you mailed the package with a tracking number.

If you mean accepted as in reviewed by USCIS for completeness, that takes a few days to a few weeks after which you will get your NOA1.

Hope this helps and the best of luck in your journey.

Regards.

Edited by renchiz

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Congatulations!

2013.1.7- I-129f mailed to Texas Lockbox (with correct fee this time--> Delivered 2013.1.8 (priority date)

2013.5.29- RFE mailed--> 2013.6.3 RFE arrives --> 2013.7.3 Forms mailed back to CIS via DHL--> 2013.7.5 CSC confirms receipt of evidence

2013.7.26- I129f approved! --> 2013.8.16- NVC confirms receipt of petition

2013.8.30- P3 arrives at fiancee's home --> 2013.9.8 P3 documents mailed to GUZ

2013.9.20- P4 email arrives

2013.10.25- Medical exam; 2013.10.28- Interview--> APPROVED!

2014.2.20- POE!; 2014.2.21- reunited in my hometown :)

Timeline

Congratutaion on your approval.Stll can you please share part of your experience with the consulate and question asked during interview.Thanks and congrat once again.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Antonio,

That's how I did mine. Had my Faincee sign and scan the signed intent to marry letter back to me. Our I-129F was approved. It was not an issue.

The times it takes from filing to getting an pproval varies.

Some folks waited over three months, some 6 months. Mine was approved a little over 70 days by the USCIS and then transferred to the NVC.

Good luck.

Timeline

Congratutaion on your approval.Stll can you please share part of your experience with the consulate and question asked during interview.Thanks and congrat once again.

This is what I posted on the consulate review. I hope it helps.

Unfortunately this is a secondhand review however, I will try to be as accurate as possible.

My fiancé went to the interview and said the questions were quite few. He was interviewed by an African-American lady. The questions were brief:

What is the name of your fiancée? RCTN

How did you guys meet? Met through her friend whose daughter was my niece's best friend...it's complicated (and it is...LOL)

When did you meet her? We met in London

Oh, you lived in London? Yes went there for my higher education

Has she met your family? Yes and he showed pics we took when I visited him and his family in Aug.

Ok, you're approved. Collect your passport in 5 working days. Yay!

In our original I-129 application, we included practically "everything in the kitchen sink" to ensure there is no iota of doubt about the legitimacy of our relationship.

So flight plans in tow and the next phase of our lives ahead!

Thanks ya'll!

Timeline

Congrats.. If u cld b kind enough to answer this few qstns.

1: what forms did u fill online besides DS-160

2: Is the appointment letter the confirmation page one prints out after schedullin for a k1 interview OR will the embassy be sendin a diff copy?

3:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Congrats.. If u cld b kind enough to answer this few qstns.

1: what forms did u fill online besides DS-160

2: Is the appointment letter the confirmation page one prints out after schedullin for a k1 interview OR will the embassy be sendin a diff copy?

3:

DS-160 is the only online form needed.

The appointment letter confirmation (must contain the bar code) is only what you need to be allowed into the embassy. You will not receive any further communication from the Embassy.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.