Bambi & João

Medical fees (Brazil if possible but want other's input too)

7 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

NVC says READY!!! Embassy has confirmed that they have the info but have not scheduled Interview yet. We are waiting on Packet 3 but I have gone to the Embassy site and have checked all of the required information. My fiancee is going to try to schedule his medical as soon as we know the interview date. All we have left to do is get the police information, the medical, and then his interview!! Soon we will be together again.

What types of exams do they do at the interview. I was told by someone that if he had recent bloodwork from his doctor and brought all records that they may not need to do labs? Does anyone know if there is truth to this? If it is that would be great because he gets bloodwork every 6 months. Of course, he will get it done if required. The Embassy site makes it look like they have to pay the fee in US cash. It's $130 for the medical and it said lab fees vary. Is the chest x-ray included or an extra fee? Has anyone had the labs? Can anyone give us an approximate cost of fees? If he has to pay cash, he is going to have to go to currency exchange and it would be nice to know approximately what he will need before going?

Edited by Bamellis

February 13, 2011 I met the love of my life!!

February 21, 2013 He proposed in Rio de Janeiro at Ipanema Beach Post 9!!!!!

May 1, 2013 Petition mailed to USCIS
May 3, 3013 Petition Received by USCIS
May 7, 2013 NOA 1
September 11, 2013 Text and email saying USCIS APPROVED
September 13, NOA2 received
October 10, 2013 files sent to NVC
October 18, 2013 file received by NVC and I was given case number over the phone.
October 22, 2013 marked as IN TRANSIT
October 23, 2013 Consulate received and later that same day marked as READY
October 31, 2013 Packet 3 &4
November 27, 2013 INTERVIEW DATE!!!

December 16, 2013 FINALLY APPROVED!!!!!!

December 18, VISA IN HAND!!!!

Flight to USA January 15, 2014

Arrives in Michigan January 16, 2014 at 11:27 AM!!!!

Married in Lapeer, Michigan on February 21, 2014 Exactly 1 year after we were engaged!!

event.png

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the Mexico/Latin & South America regional subforum for country-specific input. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi there,

My Brazilian fiance just went through the medical exam last week in Rio, and I went with him. You are required to use one of the physicians approved by the U.S. Department of State for the exam. In Rio we used Dr. Joaquim Duarte Silva, whose office is across the street from the U.S. consulate. You can contact his secretary,

Joice, for an appointment at (21) 2533-1311 or (21) 2532-0513. She will send you an email that contains all of the information that you need. You will need to have the bloodwork and chest x-ray done the day of the exam, and those results are sent directly to the doctor and included in the exam results, which the doctor sends directly to the consulate before the interview date. The only prior medical information that we brought was my fiance's vaccination history booklet, and he received two additional vaccinations that day, one for free at a posto de saude, and the second one at a private clinic (R140).

Here are the prices we paid in reais:

Medical Exam: 300R + 21R for the SEDEX package to consulate (the doctor only accepts cash)

Blood Test: 14R

Chest X-Ray: 45R

As I mentioned, we paid another 140R for one of the vaccinations. If your husband can find his vaccination history booklet, that will save a lot of time and money because the doctor will know exactly which vaccinations are necessary.

Good Luck!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Thank You!!! He's in a bit of a panic becuse he doesn't know where to look for his vaccination records or medical records. He gets bloodwork every 6 monts and probably can get the most recent ones but when he realized he needed all of this he started to panic. He had the chicken pox but has no idea how to prove that.

February 13, 2011 I met the love of my life!!

February 21, 2013 He proposed in Rio de Janeiro at Ipanema Beach Post 9!!!!!

May 1, 2013 Petition mailed to USCIS
May 3, 3013 Petition Received by USCIS
May 7, 2013 NOA 1
September 11, 2013 Text and email saying USCIS APPROVED
September 13, NOA2 received
October 10, 2013 files sent to NVC
October 18, 2013 file received by NVC and I was given case number over the phone.
October 22, 2013 marked as IN TRANSIT
October 23, 2013 Consulate received and later that same day marked as READY
October 31, 2013 Packet 3 &4
November 27, 2013 INTERVIEW DATE!!!

December 16, 2013 FINALLY APPROVED!!!!!!

December 18, VISA IN HAND!!!!

Flight to USA January 15, 2014

Arrives in Michigan January 16, 2014 at 11:27 AM!!!!

Married in Lapeer, Michigan on February 21, 2014 Exactly 1 year after we were engaged!!

event.png

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Thank You!!! He's in a bit of a panic becuse he doesn't know where to look for his vaccination records or medical records. He gets bloodwork every 6 monts and probably can get the most recent ones but when he realized he needed all of this he started to panic. He had the chicken pox but has no idea how to prove that.

He doesn't need to take his (old) medical records to the interview. What he needs to do is book an appointment with one of the physicians approved by DoS and get all the exams required by this doctor (like FulanoDeTal explained).

Your fiancé also doesn't need to prove he's had chicken pox, he just needs to inform the doctor about it. That's what I'm gonna do.

If he can't get his vaccination history booklet, he will probably have to take all the vaccines available at the postos de saúde for his age group... I'm not 100% sure about that, but that's something the physician's secretary should be able to explain to him over the phone.

The only prior medical information that we brought was my fiance's vaccination history booklet, and he received two additional vaccinations that day, one for free at a posto de saude, and the second one at a private clinic (R140).

If you don't mind me asking, what was the second vaccine for?

K1 Visa in 2013

AOS in 2014

N-400 in 2015 {based on Section 319(b) INA}

:time:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

The second vaccine was adult DPA (diptheria, tetanus, whooping cough). Apparently it's in short supply, because the posto de saude didn't have it, and the private clinic only had two doses left. We were obviously very happy to get one of them!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Thanks for the reply =] I got that one 2 weeks ago at a posto de saúde near my house... my arm hurt for about 2 days.

K1 Visa in 2013

AOS in 2014

N-400 in 2015 {based on Section 319(b) INA}

:time:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.