del-2-5-2014

Ayefele Urges US To Deport Band Boys

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/ayefele-urges-us-deport-band-boys/

So basically a popular Nigerian singer came to the US on tour adn some of his band members ran off. The Singer wrote Homeland Security to deport the absconders.

My question aren't they legally in the US and allowed to work up to a certain timeframe?

I think they are not illegal until they overstay thier visa. Yes?

That depends entirely on the visa. If they came, as I suspect, on an entertainment visa, they cannot work legally in the US in any other profession than what was allowed by that visa - perform as band members with that singer. They are legally in the country up until the date on their I-94, but may be out of status since they're not doing the job they came here to do.

There seems to be this notion that once you have two feet on US soil and a visa (of any kind) in your hand, you're free to run off and do whatever. That's not the case. They'll either 1. Live illegally in the US with little to no hope of become legal residents ever, 2. Leave the US, with little to no hope of getting a new visa, or 3. Eventually get picked up and sent back to Nigeria with little to no hope of ever getting another visa.

Edited by jaycali

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/ayefele-urges-us-deport-band-boys/

So basically a popular Nigerian singer came to the US on tour adn some of his band members ran off. The Singer wrote Homeland Security to deport the absconders.

My question aren't they legally in the US and allowed to work up to a certain timeframe?

I think they are not illegal until they overstay thier visa. Yes?

I'm glad he did that! Before these people give yet another reason to make it difficult for other Nigerians ( In this case entertainers). I wonder if they fled of or if someone made them disappear ( oh the potential conspiracy theories)

Waiting outside the embassy with my Wife, I had the chance to listen to a lot of uncomfortable conversations that frankly made me very uneasy.

There were a lot of half baked plots and scheems been hatched right there by nefarious looking sorts hoping for a visa.

But yes some fools really do believe that once they set foot in the US that they can become a ghost. I just told my Wife that they are part of the reason that the process is this tedious.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Am certain they already had their contacts in place to pick them up as it will be difficult diappearing on their own. Living illegally is like a jailbreaker on the run.

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

It reminds me of the Cameroon Athletes that disappeared in London during the Olympics. I feel pity that they feel the need to do that because lets face it ...life on the run, looking over your shoulder at all times, is no life at all. But on the other hand, they will be the reason for all the scrutiny the next person will have to endure.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.