JSC n GOM

7 Weeks in AP - Issued today

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Our visa was issued today! Thank God!!! So I pretty much believe we were in AP for 7 weeks for no reason. It seemed as if all cases around my case number was not moving at all. I sent an email yesterday to pretty much every email address I could find in the embassy around the IV units responsiveness to inquiriess. After that email I received a response that my visa would be issued shortly. It was issued today. I have also been keeping a spreadsheet of all cases up to 19 days before my date and up to 24 days after my case date. What I noticed is that there was movement in the days after my case number but the days before my case had no movement for a while, except for yesterday. There was significant progress made with case numbers KNG2013650XXX to KNG2013690XXX specifically with the NIV cases. If your number case number is somewhere within that batch I think they are working through them now.

Clearly, my days have been consumed with trying to figure out what the hell is going on with the KNG embassy but I am glad that this part is finally over! Baby love will be here as soon as physically possible.

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Our visa was issued today! Thank God!!! So I pretty much believe we were in AP for 7 weeks for no reason. It seemed as if all cases around my case number was not moving at all. I sent an email yesterday to pretty much every email address I could find in the embassy around the IV units responsiveness to inquiriess. After that email I received a response that my visa would be issued shortly. It was issued today. I have also been keeping a spreadsheet of all cases up to 19 days before my date and up to 24 days after my case date. What I noticed is that there was movement in the days after my case number but the days before my case had no movement for a while, except for yesterday. There was significant progress made with case numbers KNG2013650XXX to KNG2013690XXX specifically with the NIV cases. If your number case number is somewhere within that batch I think they are working through them now.

Clearly, my days have been consumed with trying to figure out what the hell is going on with the KNG embassy but I am glad that this part is finally over! Baby love will be here as soon as physically possible.

Congrats and all the best - This is my 12th week in AP - my case number is KNG2013588XXX and I have written several letters to the main address - (KingstonIV@state.gov) and all I have been getting back is a standard answer (Good day Sir/ madam, Your case is currently undergoing administrative processing. When this process is complete contact will be made. Hope this information is useful to you.) This is rather very frustrating as this does not give us any conclusive info, wondering what is going on as we have seen cases that has been approved who did their interview long after mine. God bless you and congrats again

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

CONGRATS!!! Soooooo happy for you guys!! Tomorrow is 7 weeks for us.. UGH!!!!!! so what emails exactly did you send to?! I would greatly appreciate them so I can sent something and see where we are at!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

congrats!!!! so happy your family will be together now..

if you dont mind, what other emails did you use besides the kingstoniv one?

i am 9 weeks in AP for no reason because my 2nd stepson was approved and has his visa already while the first one remains in AP????

any direction you can offer would be appreciated.. i really think this is one that has slipped through the cracks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.