Vee506

2 weeks since Visa approved, still no visa! Anyone else a similar experience?

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello!

So I'm going a little nuts here waiting and just wanted to know if anyone had had a similar experience and how it had turned out. When they received their visa and why it took as long as it did.

I had my interview September 27th (ok so 2 weeks tomorrow) and everything went very well. I had all the documents needed and the talking part of the interview went smoothly. Within 5 minutes the officer there said "Congratulations I've approved your visa" and even added a "no surprise there" and then handed me the "Welcome to the United States" letter.

From what I've seen on VisaJourney, the majority of people have gotten their passports and visa back within a few days. People with interviews after me have gotten theirs back already!

But here I am, 2 weeks later and still nothing. I've checked my status on CEAC, I've checked CSC, I've called DOS, I've called the consulate (no answer)... I dont know what else I can do.
All the DOS can tell me is that the visa hasn't been issued yet and the status is "administrative processing" but that there is no RFE or anything else wrong as far as they can tell.

Anyone else go through this? Or know what I can/should do?

Anything is appreciated.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Barbados
Timeline

Pray very hard about your situation! I had similar problem like yours....We were told at the embassy that we approved and that I should send back my passport to them for visa issuance, about 10days later after they received my passport we began to worried because our case status has not change from "ready" to nothing. Finally, my fiancée email them for the update about our case status, to our surprise their response was the visa is in review and that they are expect to unable to issue the visa but the final determination as simply yet not been made and they also advice my fiancée in the email that she can certainly file a spouse visa after we get married. Now, the final decision has been made. We received the sad email from the consulate just yesterday, Visa Denied" without no explanation. No one to call unto due to government shutdown. I pray all goes well with your AP. Good luck!

Timeline

Well, technically everyone's status changes to AP while they issue the visa. But yes, usually it takes a few days to a week.

Some people get put into AP for months, usually when there's further investigating to be done. Do you, or your parents came from a high fraud country before being in canada? Or do you have a job in or studied biology or chemistry? Usually it seems people who answer yes to one of those questions have higher chances to get put in AP for weeks or months.

K1 Journey AOS Journey

I-129f sent - 2013/02/27 I-485 sent - 2013/12/17

NOA1 - 2013/03/05 NOA- 2013/12/24

NOA2 -2013/07/09 (126 days (4 months and 4 days) from NoA1) Biometrics- 2014/01/22 at Metairie, LA

Packet 3 mailed - 2013/08/02 NOA - Approved!!! 2014/08/28

Packet 4 received - 2013/08/12

Interview scheduled -2013/09/11

POE - 2013/09/20 (By car at Highgate/Vermont)

Timeline

Yeah that's what I've picked up in some of the posts I've read...

I was born in Canada, my mom is also Canadian while my dad is from France (but of polish origin, polish last name). It would be a bit of a stretch if that was the reason why...
Also no scientific degree, just a business degree from McGill.

I had gotten the impression though that some of the people put in Administrative Processing because of last names, country of origin, or education/professional backgrounds weren't given the "Approved" status at the interview but instead told that they would be under administrative review... Which wasn't my case. But maybe it varies?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Could be because of the Government Furlough in the US.

Hello!

So I'm going a little nuts here waiting and just wanted to know if anyone had had a similar experience and how it had turned out. When they received their visa and why it took as long as it did.

I had my interview September 27th (ok so 2 weeks tomorrow) and everything went very well. I had all the documents needed and the talking part of the interview went smoothly. Within 5 minutes the officer there said "Congratulations I've approved your visa" and even added a "no surprise there" and then handed me the "Welcome to the United States" letter.

From what I've seen on VisaJourney, the majority of people have gotten their passports and visa back within a few days. People with interviews after me have gotten theirs back already!

But here I am, 2 weeks later and still nothing. I've checked my status on CEAC, I've checked CSC, I've called DOS, I've called the consulate (no answer)... I dont know what else I can do.
All the DOS can tell me is that the visa hasn't been issued yet and the status is "administrative processing" but that there is no RFE or anything else wrong as far as they can tell.

Anyone else go through this? Or know what I can/should do?

Anything is appreciated.

Timeline

That's initially what I was afraid of, but this was posted on the Montreal Consulate website

THE EMBASSY AND CONSULATES ARE OPEN
  • The U.S. Embassy and Consulates General in Canada are open, and Consular and American Citizen Services are operating normally. For additional information please consult our websitecanada.usembassy.gov or travel.state.gov. For border information please check the Customs and Border Protection website atcbp.gov.

And some VJers with interviews Oct 1 already received their visa and passport.

Took 13 days to get ours back...hang in there.

2011-05-21: Matched on eharmony (clearly not in my 60 mile radius preference!)

2011-07-30: Met in Ottawa

2011-08-28: Day I knew I wanted to spend my life with her

2012-01-21: I proposed, outside in the freezing cold!

2012-02-06: Mailed out K-1 via FedEX

2012-02-10: NOA1

2012-08-01: NOA2

2012-08-17: Packet 3 received (email)

2012-09-10: Packet 3 sent

2012-09-12: Packet 4 received (email) with request for 2 photos

2012-10-29: Medical in Toronto

2012-11-06: Interview - Approved!

2013-04-05: POE Thousand Islands

2013-04-20: Wedding

That's initially what I was afraid of, but this was posted on the Montreal Consulate website

THE EMBASSY AND CONSULATES ARE OPEN
  • The U.S. Embassy and Consulates General in Canada are open, and Consular and American Citizen Services are operating normally. For additional information please consult our websitecanada.usembassy.gov or travel.state.gov. For border information please check the Customs and Border Protection website atcbp.gov.

And some VJers with interviews Oct 1 already received their visa and passport.

We were Oct 7 and have received ours, the visa printing has not been affected as far as we can tell.

I can imagine any number of reasons that would slow the printing of the visa, but I doubt it is due to your degree or parents' nationalities. This whole process is a game of "hurry up and wait," which is likely your only recourse :-/

ROC:

17-JUN-2016: Filed I-751

24-JUN-2016: VSC NOA

09-JUL-2016: Biometrics appointment Raleigh, NC ASC

AOS:

04-JAN-2014: POE

07-JAN-2014: Filed for SSN

18-JAN-2014: Wedding in Wilmington, NC

31-JAN-2014: Filed for AOS (lockbox received 01-FEB-2014)

05-FEB-2014: NOA1 for I-485, I-765, I-131

04-MAR-2014: Biometrics in Raleigh, NC

09-APR-2014: I-765/I-131 approved

14-APR-2014: EAD/AP Card Received (mailed 11-APR-2014)

14-MAY-2014: Notice of delay in processing, estimated completion NOV-2014 :(

28-JUN-2014: Reception in Wilmington, NC

11-AUG-2014: Card production notice! :)

15-AUG-2014: Hardcopy I-797 Approval of AOS

18-AUG-2014: Card in hand.

K1:

25-DEC-2012: Proposal!

10-JAN-2013: Filed I-129F (lockbox received 12-JAN-2013)

16-JAN-2013: NOA1 VSC (hard copy received 22-JAN-2013)

30-MAY-2013: Transferred from VSC to TSC

24-JUN-2013: NOA2 electronic notification (hard copy received 27-JUN-2013)

16-JUL-2013: USCIS sends to NVC

22-JUL-2013: Case number assigned, sent to MTL. (called DoS instead of NVC)

24-JUL-2013: Case received at MTL. (hard copy received 27-JUL-2013)

08-AUG-2013: Packet 3 mailed to MTL via XPressPost (MTL received 12-AUG-2013)

20-AUG-2013: MTL logs Packet 3 and sends Packet 4 (happy birthday Christopher!)

28-AUG-2013: Medical (Dr. Seiden, results received 03-SEP-2013)

07-OCT-2013: Interview (Approved!)

10-OCT-2013: Visa ready with Loomis! (picked up 17-OCT-2013)

It took 5 weeks for my husband to get his after being approved at the interview and told he would get his visa in the next ten days, no reason for the delay given other than administrative processing. Hope you get yours soon!

Timeline

Took 13 days to get ours back...hang in there.

It took 5 weeks for my husband to get his after being approved at the interview and told he would get his visa in the next ten days, no reason for the delay given other than administrative processing. Hope you get yours soon!

Alright :( Thank you.

When I got approved I really thought the waiting would be over and I would finally be reunited with my fiance at this point.

What a joke, "We're approving you're visa! ... Buuuut you're not getting it juuuust yet"

Timeline

Has anyone ever successfully contacted the Montreal consulate?
From what I've gathered they only take immigrant visa inquiries by email. Has anyone gotten any answers through this? Mostly regarding "administrative processing"

Timeline

Has anyone ever successfully contacted the Montreal consulate?

From what I've gathered they only take immigrant visa inquiries by email. Has anyone gotten any answers through this? Mostly regarding "administrative processing"

I have emailed Montreal a couple of times with K1 questions; the first time was on July 31st and we didn't get a response until August 27th. The second time was September 19th with a response on October 1. They take FOREVER to answer questions, but at the very least they warn you that its going to take at least 28 days for an email. We have also used the Public Inquiry form at http://canada.usembassy.gov/contact/public-inquiry-form.html which is supposed to take only 10 - 15 days.

Good luck!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I've e-mailed Montreal twice. Once about not received my Packet 3, once about scheduling an interview.

Both times I received a response in 13 days. My advice would be to write the e-mail and start the wait now!

12.27.10 We met in Vegas

05.31.12 Engaged... in Vegas =)

K1
03.02.13 I-129F sent to TX
03.07.13 NOA1 E-mail Notification

08.13.13 NOA2 E-mail Notification (6+ months)

08.29.13 Case arrives at MTL Consulate

09.13.13 Packet 3 arrives

09.17.13 Packet 3 is accetped at MTL (confirmed via Xpresspost tracking)

09.26.13 Packet 4 arrives

10.22.13 Medical

11.07.13 Interview (Approved!)

11.20.13 VISA/PASSPORT IN HAND!!! (Couriered)

12.26.13 P.O.E. Detroit, MI.

12.31.13 ***WEDDING***

AOS

02.25.14 NOA1 for AOS, EAD & AP

03.xx.14 RFE (mid-March)

03.21.14 Biometrics

04.21.14 RFE docs received & AOS case touched

05.22.14 EAD/AP approved

05.31.14 EAD/AP received

06.09.14 Notice of Potential Interview Waiver Case (projected additional wait of 6 months)

07.30.14 Notice that my Permanent Resident status has been registered!!!

08.05.14 Card/Document Production

08.07.14 GREEN CARD IN HAND =)

Timeline

I have emailed Montreal a couple of times with K1 questions; the first time was on July 31st and we didn't get a response until August 27th. The second time was September 19th with a response on October 1. They take FOREVER to answer questions, but at the very least they warn you that its going to take at least 28 days for an email. We have also used the Public Inquiry form at http://canada.usembassy.gov/contact/public-inquiry-form.html which is supposed to take only 10 - 15 days.

Good luck!!!

Ok! Thanks. I've sent the same message to both the email address and on the public inquiry form. I'm hoping I'll get my visa back before I get an answer, but who knows!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.