LynLyn120

Airline ticket and Docs to bring. Questions.

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello,

My fiance already book my flight for the US. It says in the confirmation email that he already paid "Taxes + Airline & Agency Fees", does it mean I don't need to pay the travel tax at the airport anymore?

About the school documents, I don't have my college diploma yet, is it ok if I don't have it? It is really important that I won't be able to leave the Philippines without it?

My flight is this coming Oct. 13 already, I can't wait for my documents anymore. I really need answers for these.

Thank you very much!

Edited by flory120

AOS

02/28/2014 I-485 & I-765 Package sent

03/04/2014 Package received at the USCIS (NOA I-797C)

03/07/2014 Notice date (NOA I-797)

03/09/2014 Text and Email received from USCIS

03/11/2014 NOA for I-485 and I-765 hard copy received<p>

03/17/2014 Biometrics Appointment for 04/04/2014

04/04/2014 Biometrics

06/04/2014 EAD card on hand

06/05/2014 NPIWC

11/24/2014 WELCOME Notice

11/28/2014 Green Card Received! :dancing::)

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello,

My fiance already book my flight for the US. It says in the confirmation email that he already paid "Taxes + Airline & Agency Fees", does it mean I don't need to pay the travel tax at the airport anymore?

About the school documents, I don't have my college diploma yet, is it ok if I don't have it? It is really important that I won't be able to leave the Philippines without it?

My flight is this coming Oct. 13 already, I can't wait for my documents anymore. I really need answers for these.

Thank you very much!

If it says that taxes had been paid then you are good to go. To be sure you can ask the airline itself or the booking agency.

No need to wait for your diploma. Educational background is not needed to board a plane. Haha! It's just good to have so you don't need someone to mail it to you once you are in the US.

Go start packing and have a safe trip! :)

Edited by emmandenn

Timeline

If it says that taxes had been paid then you are good to go. To be sure you can ask the airline itself or the booking agency.

No need to wait for your diploma. Educational background is not needed to board a plane. Haha! It's just good to have so you don't need someone to mail it to you once you are in the US.

Go start packing and have a safe trip! smile.png

Haha! I am relieved to know I don't have to wait for my diploma.

Thank you very much for the answer! :)

AOS

04/04/2014 Biometrics

06/05/2014 NPIWC

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello,

Thank you very much!

Nope, travel tax probably not paid. There are lots of taxes included with the ticket purchase, unless it actually lists the travel tax you will still have to pay the 1620 PHP. If the ticket wasn't purchased in the Philippines the odds are the travel tax was not paid.

You don't need your diploma, you can get it later.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Nope, travel tax probably not paid. There are lots of taxes included with the ticket purchase, unless it actually lists the travel tax you will still have to pay the 1620 PHP. If the ticket wasn't purchased in the Philippines the odds are the travel tax was not paid.

You don't need your diploma, you can get it later.

Thank you very much Hank for the reply.

BTW, do you happen to know someone who took sleeping pill when they fly to USA? If yes, what's the name of the sleeping pill they took?

I badly need it 'cause I got nervous during flight and I can't sleep. I already bought melatonin but I'm not sure if it'll work.

AOS

04/04/2014 Biometrics

06/05/2014 NPIWC

Timeline

Ambien is a sleeping pill but I find that Benadryl works for helping a person to sleep ( I take two) and clears your sinuses at the same time... ;)

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Ambien is a sleeping pill but I find that Benadryl works for helping a person to sleep ( I take two) and clears your sinuses at the same time... wink.png

I read somewhere that it has a side effects. True?

AOS

04/04/2014 Biometrics

06/05/2014 NPIWC

Timeline

I read somewhere that it has a side effects. True?

ALL drugs have side affects, including aspirin. Read up on whatever you decide on the internet, lots of info out there.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

ALL drugs have side affects, including aspirin. Read up on whatever you decide on the internet, lots of info out there.

Yes right, I've read and search for sleeping pills. I found this: Diphenhydramine (Benadryl, Unisom sleep). Diphenhydramine is a sedating antihistamine. Side effects might include daytime drowsiness, dry mouth, dizziness and memory problems.

Ever experience memory problems? I might still try to buy Benadryl on drug stores anyway.

AOS

04/04/2014 Biometrics

06/05/2014 NPIWC

Timeline

Yes right, I've read and search for sleeping pills. I found this: Diphenhydramine (Benadryl, Unisom sleep). Diphenhydramine is a sedating antihistamine. Side effects might include daytime drowsiness, dry mouth, dizziness and memory problems.

Ever experience memory problems? I might still try to buy Benadryl on drug stores anyway.

.... huh? What were we talking about.... ??? :lol:

My dog forgot where her ball is... she takes 1/2 a benny a day for allergies

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

.... huh? What were we talking about.... ??? laughing.gif

My dog forgot where her ball is... she takes 1/2 a benny a day for allergies

LOL! I got lost too!

Ok. So what I understood, you took 2 pill of Benadryl to help fell asleep on flight? Am i correct? Did it work? For how many hours?

Benadryl- generic name is diphenhydramine - one of the side effect is memory problem.

Sorry for confusing you. LOL! Thank you! :)

AOS

04/04/2014 Biometrics

06/05/2014 NPIWC

Timeline

Yup I took two, slept for quite a few hours, almost to Honolulu before I woke.

Oh.... dog found her ball... all happy again. Must be only temporary memory loss.... :lol:

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

I actually have quite a bit if experience with the 3 major brands of prescription sleeping pills, not sure of their availability in the Philippines. I do know thay are considered controlled meds here in the US, I think Class 3 meds? So not automatic refills, only a few pills at a time, etc.

Ambien, probably the least "strong?" usually knocks me out for about 4hrs, fairly gentle effects, kind of makes you drowsy and lets you drift off to sleep. I ususally only take 1/2 a pill at a time. I've never had any side effects, and usually awake feeling fairly good, no groggyness or feeling drugged up afterwards. People have reported side effects, sleep walking, doing things that they don't remember later, etc Usually when they combine with alcohol.

Sonata, I've only used it a couple of time, since it's a capsule you can't easily take a half dose. About the same "out" time as Ambien, maybe a little longer, felt a little more groggyness upon waking.

Restoril, this is the biggy! I take this when I really want to be knocked out, 6-8 hrs down time, I usually don't take this one untill I'm ready to sleep, acts pretty fast. If you are awaken before you're ready you will feel groggy and out of it for awhile.

Again, all of these are prescription meds, and need to be carfully used. Ambien claims to be non-addictive, but still would treat it as so. I would try to test whatever one you decide to use before hand when you know you have full day to recover.

On the non-med side, I have used melatonin with pretty good results. Your body actually produces melatonin naturally and it regulates your sleep cycle. Mostly as stated befroe, it just makes you drowsy to let you fall asleep naturally. I use it fairly regularly, especially after trips to get my wake/sleep cycle back on track. I have used it in conjunction with OTC sleep med like Tylonol PM to get rid of those little aches that can make sleeping harder also. Other things that will help are a sleep mask and ear plugs

I actually have quite a bit if experience with the 3 major brands of prescription sleeping pills, not sure of their availability in the Philippines. I do know thay are considered controlled meds here in the US, I think Class 3 meds? So not automatic refills, only a few pills at a time, etc.

Ambien, probably the least "strong?" usually knocks me out for about 4hrs, fairly gentle effects, kind of makes you drowsy and lets you drift off to sleep. I ususally only take 1/2 a pill at a time. I've never had any side effects, and usually awake feeling fairly good, no groggyness or feeling drugged up afterwards. People have reported side effects, sleep walking, doing things that they don't remember later, etc Usually when they combine with alcohol.

Sonata, I've only used it a couple of time, since it's a capsule you can't easily take a half dose. About the same "out" time as Ambien, maybe a little longer, felt a little more groggyness upon waking.

Restoril, this is the biggy! I take this when I really want to be knocked out, 6-8 hrs down time, I usually don't take this one untill I'm ready to sleep, acts pretty fast. If you are awaken before you're ready you will feel groggy and out of it for awhile.

Again, all of these are prescription meds, and need to be carfully used. Ambien claims to be non-addictive, but still would treat it as so. I would try to test whatever one you decide to use before hand when you know you have full day to recover.

On the non-med side, I have used melatonin with pretty good results. Your body actually produces melatonin naturally and it regulates your sleep cycle. Mostly as stated befroe, it just makes you drowsy to let you fall asleep naturally. I use it fairly regularly, especially after trips to get my wake/sleep cycle back on track. I have used it in conjunction with OTC sleep med like Tylonol PM to get rid of those little aches that can make sleeping harder also. Other things that will help are a sleep mask and ear plugs

kicking.gif

kp7cnfvctuzu.png

Timeline

Thank you very much for this information, very detailed. I appreciate a lot. I'll try if the pharmacy will let me buy one of these sleeping pills you've mention without prescription. Thank you! Thank you!

:)

AOS

04/04/2014 Biometrics

06/05/2014 NPIWC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.