Sureshot53

NEW PROCESS AGAIN FOR K1 visa effective after 10/07/2013

29 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Show All | Hide All

Department of State Transitions to DS-160 for K Visa Applications

Effective immediately, all K visa applicants are required to complete the DS-160 Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application. The DS-160 replaces forms DS-156, DS-156K, and DS-230.

For K visa cases already in process at a U.S. embassy or consulate, the DS-160 is not required when, prior to October 7, 2013, one of the following situations exist:

The K visa applicant is already scheduled for an interview.

The K visa applicant has already been interviewed and has been requested to submit additional documentation or is pending administrative processing.

The K visa applicant has already submitted a valid, signed, unexpired DS-156, DS-156K and/or DS-230 or received instructions to do so.

Timeline

Show All | Hide All

Effective immediately, all K visa applicants are required to complete the DS-160 Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application. The DS-160 replaces forms DS-156, DS-156K, and DS-230.

For K visa cases already in process at a U.S. embassy or consulate, the DS-160 is not required when, prior to October 7, 2013, one of the following situations exist:

The K visa applicant has already been interviewed and has been requested to submit additional documentation or is pending administrative processing.

The K visa applicant has already submitted a valid, signed, unexpired DS-156, DS-156K and/or DS-230 or received instructions to do so.

Sureshot, really. Did you/finance have to complete this? We are on the same timeline finance aslo received something on the 4th that they received his ds-230.

Timeline

Sureshot, really. Did you/finance have to complete this? We are on the same timeline finance aslo received something on the 4th that they received his ds-230.

Bishop, I don't think we need to do that according to the instruction because we were mailed packet 3 before 10/07. And they already accepted our DS-230

Timeline

OK let me get this correct, is this the form you have to complete after receiving the NOA2?

ROC Timeline
Service Center: Vermont
90 Day Window Opened... 05/09/2017
I-751 Packet Sent.............  08/09/2017
NO1 Dated......................... 08/11/2017

Check Cashed............... 08/13/2017
NO1 Received.................... 08/14/2017
Biometrics Received.........  09/12/2017
Biometrics Appointment..  .09/19/2017  (Walked in early (09-11-2017) no problem!!)
Approved............................xx/xx/xx

Timeline

As of 10/07 once your case is received by the embassy this is what you complete online. Replaces DS-230, DS-156,156k and 157. K1 will no longer use DS-260 either. This will only be used by NVC FOR I-130 visa applicants.

Timeline

Did you call DOS today to see if you were. Scheduled for interview?

Just called DOS and was told the documents qualified on 4th Oct, no interview scheduled yet call back in a few she said should have one by then. Awe talk about patience and no problem. Bway that has been tested with this process. LOL.

Edited by Bishop

Timeline

Just called DOS and was told the documents qualified on 4th Oct, no interview scheduled yet call back in a few she said should have one by then. Awe talk about patience and no problem. Bway that has been tested with this process. LOL.

Was told the same, only they said sold have one by next weekend. Did the date of your status changed on 10/08 like mine did?

Was told the same, only they said sold have one by next weekend. Did the date of your status changed on 10/08 like mine did?

I thought the change in date meant that they had scheduled an interview, but boy was I wrong. Don't know why the date changed.

Timeline

The communication with the Kingston is very poor. You don't even have a number to call and talk to someone live on status of your application. The email option sucks. And the CEAC site don't tell you anything specific about your case.

Timeline

Show All | Hide All

I am confuse about this K1 process.I plan today to start filling out the DS230,DS260,DS156,DS156K, & DS157 while i await for NVC to shipped my case to the embassy. now there's new updates.NVC received my case october 4,so i assuming based on your post that i will only be filling out DS160,that replace all the other forms except DS157?

A&J K1 visa Journey

Sent I-129F packet Sat-June 8,2013.

USCIS received 1-I29F Packet Wed-June 12,2013.

NOA1 Notification (email & text msg) and Notice Date Fri-June 14,2013.

Awaiting NOA1 hard copy in mail.................................

Alien Registration Number was changed relating to your I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E) On Thurs-June 20, 2013

NOA1 hard copy in the mail Fri-June 21,2013

I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E) transferred from VSC to TSC On Fri-August 9, 2013

I129F,Petition for FIANCE(E) transfer and now being process at TSC Thur-August 15,2013

Receive Notice of Action Transfer (NOA-T) on Mon-August 19,2013

NOA2 Notification (Email) Wed-September 18,2013

NOA2 hard copy in the mail Tues-September 24,2013

I129F is shipped from USCIS to NVC Thurs-September 26,2013

NVC received approved I129F and assign case number Fri-October 4,2013

NVC shipped I129F to Embassy Wed-October 23,2013

event.png

event.png

Timeline

I am confuse about this K1 process.I plan today to start filling out the DS230,DS260,DS156,DS156K, & DS157 while i await for NVC to shipped my case to the embassy. now there's new updates.NVC received my case october 4,so i assuming based on your post that i will only be filling out DS160,that replace all the other forms except DS157?

That is correct. Lucky you! Less forms to complete.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Show All | Hide All

WOW!

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Timeline

I thought the change in date meant that they had scheduled an interview, but boy was I wrong. Don't know why the date changed.

Sureshot..just checked ceac and the status update changed to todays date. I was thinking the same thing. Will check back friday.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.